9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 4:01 AM by fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR1 RSS

What to do with Prestige Master (hackers) if they reset stats on there on

Out

This not a thread to bash them ..... just to get a few ideas on how to deal with them

I recently kicked two kids out of our clan for doing the Prestige Master Glitch

one of the Kids and another of his friends (this friend was not in the clan) who did the glitch  reset there level back to 1 and wanted back in the clan the other wanted to join our clan,

I told them sorry even tho you rest your stats you  were guilty of cheating .....and as a non techie i didnt know what traces of the orginal hack or glitch was left behind on the system....and did not want to take the chance on having the entire clan being known as glitchers or hackers because of the action of only a few

What do you guys think

• Re: What to do with Prestige Master (hackers) if they reset stats on there on
    h1r0l3r

A) other than a stat reset/ban, not much is going to happen.

B) if they do get reset/banned, they'll just create a new account and start over again

C) If your clanmates did this once then, should another glitch pop up again, they'll most likely do it for whatever lame reasons.

I don't give a crap about this prestige glitch since it only shows how much of a loser you are both in real life and online. WOW, you have all diamond camos for every gun and have a 3 K/D? You must be good. I want to be your friend. Pretty ******* lame if you ask me.

What should be done to send a message is to ban the IP address of the account. This will show that cheating/hacking/glitching will not be tolerated under any circumstances. But, since COD is a cash cow, that would me loss of revenue for Activision which they can't have. I'm quite sure they know that whenever someone gets banned or whatever, they'll just create a new account and continue playing. Were they to console ban then that person wouldn't be able to play anymore and will probably find another game to play instead of COD.

Izjar11

I kicked two from my clan as well for performing the glitch / cheat. I have no sympathy towards cheaters and do not want them in my clan.

I can only hope / assume treyarch has a system in place that will verify whom did this.

On the same subject, it is growing more concerning as a COD player that Treyarch has not fully explained to us how they will address this, it sends out a bad message.

BanHaMMer

Izjar11 wrote:

I kicked two from my clan as well for performing the glitch / cheat. I have no sympathy towards cheaters and do not want them in my clan.

I can only hope / assume treyarch has a system in place that will verify whom did this.

On the same subject, it is growing more concerning as a COD player that Treyarch has not fully explained to us how they will address this, it sends out a bad message.

Hey ego, they will address it, why give anyone a heads up on how they are doing it?

4thAndFinalAccount

It actually shows thier real KD not the glitch stats on the roster board maybe a way for Treyarch to weed some of them out ?

Good stance on the matter.

jeepchick

Speaking as a gamer - NOT A MODERATOR -

I think the fact that they reset their own stats shows remorse for their actions. They are "kids" as you described them and what could be better than to reward them by allowing them back? I've always tried to set a good example for the younger kids in one of my clans, and if they're trying to be better gamers (not skill, but attitude) then why not show them they are on the right path.

My .02

Out

jeepchick wrote:

Speaking as a gamer - NOT A MODERATOR -

I think the fact that they reset their own stats shows remorse for their actions. They are "kids" as you described them and what could be better than to reward them by allowing them back? I've always tried to set a good example for the younger kids in one of my clans, and if they're trying to be better gamers (not skill, but attitude) then why not show them they are on the right path.

My .02

I agree with you about setting an example,

But I remember the first Speeding Ticket I got when i started driving in the 1970s as the State Trooper wrote the ticket, I begged him to only write me a warning.....or let me go, i was sorry.....

He just said Kid, are you sorry you broke the law or are you sorry you got caught .....here is a $50.00 ticket to help you decide....

I am going to keep our zero tolerance against cheating in place......

Our Clan is  a Clan of gamers who enjoy playing together .....we may suck as a clan as far as COD games go, if we win, we win, if we lose, we lose ......

we win and we lose without cheating or hacking....

fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR1

Good choice man. I'd hope the glitches would get a console ban, but I highly doubt it will go that far. But good job not letting them back in your clan dude.