19 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 8:36 PM by ShaneDog RSS

Learning the spawns

ghostsniper2010

Iv just started playing hardcore KC and iv been told if i wanna get good and i am fed up getting a killstreak going and getting stabbed in the back so i was wondering how do i learn the spawns, i do not wanna spawn trap as i hate that i just wanna learn them

• Re: Learning the spawns
    iivrruummii

Go into a private match and put radar always on against 6 bots(ban Ghost).  That is the best way.

Best way is to use CoDcasting and watch an old game . As you can put the mini map up and see where they are spawning exactly . Hope this helps also don't spawn trap/kill as apart for being totally lame you can get banned n reset if your caught doing it .

twistedsynns

I dont see why/how spawn trapping would get you banned and reset. It is not our fault if the devs messed up the spawning in the game. Why should we get banned because they made the game to where we can sit in spots and watch you spawn. And on top of that , there is no reason for people to get spawn trapped anyway , thats why they made rockets , smoke grenades , noob tubes , riot shields , and so on. there is always a way out of being trapped. Why would they ban us because you cant make it out of ur spawn?

Sabercrest

It's idiotic opinions like this are are ruining the game. The person spawn trapping is quite clearly going to have an advantage on the people that are spawning. After seeing where you are being spawn trapped from then you can get out if you're good enough but it's completely besides the point, that person will already have gained some kills by taking advantage of a broken spawn system. No skill involved at all. Anyone that gets banned/reset for spawn trapping fully deserves it.

The spawn system is ridiculously bad in this game. Because of this and the lag problems, as soon as I've done all the achievements I'm definitely not going to be playing multiplyer anymore.

Simply because a player chooses to EXPLOIT the game/Spawn system that's it in a nut shell YOU choose to cheat .

Even if they made a perfect spawn system the little scrubs would still find a way to exploit/cheat it . It's quite simple if you think something MIGHT be cheating then YES it probably is !

limonaid

You can't spawn trap just anyone. It's a group effort. It falls along a gray line.

This exactly. Spawn trapping isn't cheating it's been promoted in competetive play for years. The Halo 3 circuit you could actually watch people spawn and destroy them, Call of duty is far easier to escape a spawn trap especially if you have any sort of decent aim.

It's no one persons fault that you're spawn trapped it takes the effort of a full team and even one person can stop it from working.

As for learning the spawns, check out a film in codcaster mode and just watch in the overhead map view. It will show you exactly where everyone comes to life.

Remember though that there are subjective spawns and you can control where your teammates spawn to an extent.

This is called anchoring the spawn and you can control the general area that they will come to life in. Check it out on YouTube for some more information about it but if you play anchor your team can never be spawn trapped.

iivrruummii

LOL.  Just because you don't like spawn trapping/killing doesn't make it bannable.  I have been spawn trapping in CTF from the very beginning and haven't been banned or reset, thus proving my point that it isn't bannable.  Even the top people in score spawn killed in CTF and they haven't gotten reset.

It is a strategy, and when set up right it is very effective for winning.

They put many, many, many things in this game to not allow yourself to get spawn trapped/killed, so use them and stop complaining about it.

bkblazer

I made a post about being spawn trapped and repeatedly killed with this vid inserted. Foxhound-Pro replied "I hope you reported those players". Now I'm not saying its bannable but apparently its reportable.

iverbure

as someone who only plays CTF, this is one of the things i hate. yes we do it to other teams all the time especially when they talk ****. but i think there shouldn't be a forced respawn. if the other team wants to spawn camp with the lead 2-0 you should be able to sit in the lobby and take a spot in the lobby and not forced to respawn. if all the players do this the other team wins after 20 seconds. than you don't have 20 or so players joining a game in progress to get spawn killed over and over again.

LOL That is when you exit the game. Spawn trapping is not bannable. It means that the other team played the game well and dominating your team to the point where you are getting insta killed.

Honestly though I think the Dev that designed the Hijacked level either sucks at COD or he was on drugs. At least Nuketown spawned you on the sides of the map. In Hijacked you spawn on one end of the boat or the other. It is basically a reskinned Nuketown with a tunnel underneath the map and horrible spawn points.

iverbure

on hijacked when they have a guardian set up in the spawn is nearly impossible to stop. that map is garbage.

iverbure

no you can't.