20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 5:47 AM by Lil_lisa_rocks RSS

Nerf headshots.

superbob

They are completely random (What, 1% of the community actually aims for headshots) and completely determine the outcome of a gunfight. SOme guy who just got shot doesn't deserve to flinch his crosshairs up into your head and kill you.

• Re: Nerf headshots.

It already takes 2 to the head with most guns....sheesh! How much more nerfed can they get? In COD unless you have a Sniper/Shotty you can't get a headshot only head SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razor_Ransom

Headshot are already more difficult to get than in previous COD titles.  In previous titles my Headshot % was 10-15% depending on the weapon.  In BO2, its more like 5-7%.  So, no, theres no nerfing of headshots needed.

superbob

They aren't more difficult. Headshots have always been random occurances from being shot.

Razor_Ransom

LOL.  You arent going to get a headshot aiming at someone's feet!!!  There's obviously some skill involvedl, not "random occurances"

I wouldn't say that, when I play normally, I aim for center mass, hipfire and bring up sights depending on distance, etc.

However, these past few days, I have been actively going for headshots in-game for my diamond camo on smgs. I would get around 15-20 headshots per game, out of the 50+ kills I got (which includes thunderstrikes etc.). So, while yes there are a lot of cases where people get shot and flinch up to give them that lucky headshot, the only way to fix it is to completely remove the concept, but that would also anger a lot of people

nicedrewishfela

This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

No crap. This is ridiculous. Headshots are already nerfed because it should be a oneshot kill with ANY gun but nooooo COD tries to be cute and make it 2 so it is headshots and not headshot. Now here is this dude who comes along who wants you to have to dump half a clip in a guys head for a head shot now.

I am flabbergasted!

parnezzi

a lot of the guns don't even have headshot multipliers and at most the multiplier is 1.2x instead of 2x like every other CoD game, hell the SMR can't even 1 shot some guy in the head in core like every other game with the single shots.

if the multiplier got nerfed even more then what would be the point of ADSing and aiming for the head?

you're just bad, and you should feel bad.

sqitso

This is obviously someone who has no intention of diamond cammos. Headshots by accident is just luck. Try aiming at them on purpose and come back and say they need to be nerfed.

parnezzi

sorry i don't need my gun barbie bedazzled to increase my E-peen, plain default camo is good enough for me.

sqitso

Don't apologize.. they are called challenges for a reason. Headshots are difficult to get even when aiming at them. If you get shot in the head because someone lucked into it.. guess what.. It's still a friggen headshot. I bet you don't complain when you luck into one.. only one someone else does it to you

gallp13

Sorry OP how about you learn to shoot and evade. We all had too.

I agree with the OP, the game gives far too many random headshots, A headshot should take skill and purpose.