40 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2013 11:45 AM by dweez1988 RSS

Why snipers are broken.

superbob

Not because they are overpowered, but because of the luck factor.

I was just steaming rolling a ground war lobby with 2 randoms on my team who happened to be running VSAT-streak setups and the other team was just full of snipers (going INCREDIBLY negative) and I am on a 26 kill streak working towards Nuclear Killer and one of the snipers turns into me around a corner and before I can even get a shot off with my MP7 he fires off a shot while bringing up his scope and 1 hit kills me.

It is complete nonsense that people can get kills like that.

• Re: Why snipers are broken.
    dweez1988

If The sniper had his scope up before you fired your mp7? then he already had you on target.

The snipers are more broken in how random you can get a kill with them.

People say snipers need to have a big or huge spread so it is hard to no scope.

because of the huge spread I got a kill while someone literly walking next to me and I panic shot.

Go figure...

Anyway, Sniping is fine the way it is in this game.

There weaker than MW3 and better than BO1

superbob

His scope wasn't up, he shot while bringing it up. It is what competitive snipers call a half scope because it is even before what would be considered a quick scope but is partly aimed in (crosshair wise) so it isn't a no scope.

dweez1988

Well thats just luck.

With the spread of the sniper rifles being really high the shot won't line up with the crosshairs unless fully scoped in. And it hard to fix that.

Since it's a lucky shot because the spread is big you can get random shots with aim assist on.

If they make the spread smaller than you would get way more no scopes because it would be easy to do. He just got you with a bit of luck. There was a one 1 to 10 or even 100 chance that he would no scope you and well he had the luck that he did.

I believe QS and sniping will never be truly fixed and I don't mind the way it is now.

One half of the community will always hate it and the other love it. Its probably hard to work ik out down the middle.

superbob

Which is exactly my point. Things shouldn't happen like that. Kills should never be because of luck.

dweez1988

If luck is your only factor you disagree about than I nor anyone I can think of can give you an answer.

There will always be luck moments. Sometimes because of lag and sometimes because of just luck.

Ive had times when using a remmington and someone runs at me with a knife and I shoot that they don't die. This is FUBAR. But that is not fixible because it is luck. Something did not register and he could kill me without being hit at all while I just got hitmarkers. It did'nt have anything to do with lag because the whole game went great.

You can't change luck mate.

And im guessing you never had a kill because of luck? Never got that magical headshot when someone shoots hits you first and you flinch up shoot and bam headshot? No never right?

deamonomic

superbob wrote:

Which is exactly my point. Things shouldn't happen like that. Kills should never be because of luck.

lol luck is always involved. plaining and tactics and all that will only go so far. in every competition there are leaps of faith that need to be taken.

Luck plays into every gunfight in the game. you only need to look at it from a different perspective to see it.

WKMMS

Until the scope is raised fully the shot still counts as a no-scope and the shot is random.  half-scopes are no different to no-scopes in that respect, even though the hip-fire spread reduces visually on screen it makes no difference and is complete luck if hit. 

ShaneDog

I call it glitch scoping because you either see none of the glass of the scope pop up all the way or if it does it is black

That only happens in the killcam if you QS properly. If you time it right and shoot right when the crosshairs pop up

1) the shot is perfectly accurate

2) It trolls the killcam because it is only a represenatation of what happens and only shows the scope come up but not zoom in.

trialstardragon

It is a sniper it is meant to kill in one hit if it hits in the right place depending upon the sniper used. So no the snipers are not broken at all.

superbob

But it is a sniper. It is supposed to be used for long range engagements where you aim down your scope to place the perfect shot. That didn't happen here. So yes, snipers are broken.

dweez1988

Because it is ment for long range do you believe a .50 cal would not destroy someone in any part of the body up close? That would be weird XD

trialstardragon

No, the damage is the same regardless if long range or short range with snipers. So no it is not broken. Snipes do max damage at close range and with the multipliers for the weapon if the person hits in the right spot it will kill and should every time. So again it is not broken at all.

You are just mad you lost out on your score streak and the nuclear killer playercard so think it was unfair when really it is not.

So because you are camping around going on a 26 kill streak while all the snipers are going negative and one kills you you are MAD??? If everyone on the other team had smgs you would have probably been on a 5 kill streak. and if that sniper that killed you had even a pistol out he would have killed you. Dont hate on something you know nothing about! BO2 sniping is NOT BROKEN and its actually pretty good for both snipers and non snipers.

This isnt the first game with QS. far from it. why is everyone so butthurt over getting killed by them? I had a 1.5 KD while sniping in MW2, a 2 KD while sniping in MW3, and a 1.15 while sniping in BO2. the smg almost always wins... so stop getting mad over the few times you get QS

ShaneDog

Only time SMG kills me when sniping is if he some how gets behind me without me knowing, I miss using a bolt action at close range, or only get a hitmarker and he is close enough to fatally shoot me b4 my follow up shot.

To say a SMG almost always wins is hilarious. There are some godly snipers I have played against in this game that eat SMGs for breakfast at any range and can glitch scope on a consistant basis.

Then im assuming your on the good end of lag comp and it take 15 bullets to kill you unlike the 3 it takes to kill me. go figure. lucky you

ShaneDog

Depends. If I have 4 bars I do fine and if I have 3 or less it is a challenge. If the host is from around my area (TX) then I don't notice any problems. If the host is speaking some form of jibberish I don't understand I find a new lobby.

Yes it can be that simple at times.

deamonomic

thats the whole problem with the entire lag comp arguement. people use it as their little trump card in EVERY arguement. Smgs are not Op... thats only cause your on good lag comp. I dont get 10 kajilion hit markers... lag comp. Ar's are useful... lag comp. I did well this... LAG COMP.

The people on these forums try to invalidate everything about the game that anyone does with that one little phrase "You must have been on the good side of lag comp"

So. I have a question for you guys. how is it now, that the "lag comp" is far worse then it has ever been in any CoD before it and yet.... Im still playing the same as I always have? Im still preforming as I would have in ANY of the past cods or even other games in general.  If the Lag comp was such a huge problem now as compared to past games shouldnt I have noticed either a drastic increase or decrease in  skill?

How is it that I along with the majority of people I play with have been so consistent through out the past cods?

Im not saying that lag comp does not exist. Im saying its used now to try to downplay anyone elses arguements on... well anything.

So your playing the same as you always have? So what? that means you are not on the bad side of lag comp. If your on the good side you wont notice the difference. Youll get the kills your suppose to get. youll get around a corner when you think you should, But no you should not notice any change in "skill" if you are on the good side and were already a decent player.

i personally have had it up to my neck with the lag comp in this game. Its terrible for me and affects every game i play in. I wait until nothing else is being used on my network to play, i dont try to dumb down my network nor will i.

There are thousands of instances that i turn a corner and before i can even partically pull my finger to aim i am dead. My monitor does not register getting hit. Its just boom dead. over and over.

I have said this before and ill say it again i do believe SMGs are OP but i also believe that if the lag comp problem is fixed that i may absoluetly change my mind on SMGs because if im not a second behind everytime i may not die from SMGs for much further than SMGs are ment to be used

deamonomic

Rize_BHo wrote:

So your playing the same as you always have? So what? that means you are not on the bad side of lag comp. If your on the good side you wont notice the difference. Youll get the kills your suppose to get. youll get around a corner when you think you should, But no you should not notice any change in "skill" if you are on the good side and were already a decent player.

i personally have had it up to my neck with the lag comp in this game. Its terrible for me and affects every game i play in. I wait until nothing else is being used on my network to play, i dont try to dumb down my network nor will i.

There are thousands of instances that i turn a corner and before i can even partically pull my finger to aim i am dead. My monitor does not register getting hit. Its just boom dead. over and over.

I have said this before and ill say it again i do believe SMGs are OP but i also believe that if the lag comp problem is fixed that i may absoluetly change my mind on SMGs because if im not a second behind everytime i may not die from SMGs for much further than SMGs are ment to be used

actually If i really am on the good side of lag comp, i should see an increase in what i percieve to be my skill yes? as in im getting a bigger advantage then before because the lag comp is sooo broken.  yes? as such my kills/wins and all that should take atleast a slight bump with my new advantage. even moreso considering i was a  good player in past cods.

The thing is you guys are saying that the lag comp is so insanely broken that it happens at every turn and it gives the player who has it undeniable power over everyone else. (this is gathered from what ALL of you have been saying). SO if thats the case once again, should I not notice an increase in percieved skill? (I am one of those people who will sit there and think over their past experiences... alot. and CoD does come up so please Do not think i have not given this some thought.)

and by no difference I DO NOT mean that there is no lag. because its there. 3 bars always lag. I stil die plenty from around the corner. Thing is tho... THAT HAPPENS IN EVERY COD.... EVER.

I had all the same problems you are complaining about in MW3... BO 1... MW2... WaW....Cod 4... CoD 3... its all there. Dont see it? maby your on the good side of lag comp in those games? ever consider that?

If anyone wants to know why the devs dont seem like they are freaking out about the issue its simple really. They have heard and seen all the little threads everyone keeps posting here regarding black ops 2. They have seen the EXACT same stuff you guys are ranting about said about EVERY past cod.

Every cod release goes the same. I swear by the end of this game everyone shall hail it as god on earth whilst spitting on the name of the next title... until the one after that comes out at which point that one gets spit on and the previous reaches god like status. I bet most of you hated MW3 while playing it. but with time all things fade.

Its funny as hell. and thats how we all know that its not really as bad as you all are making it out to be. yes its annoying but no moreso then the release of any past cod. Hell I couldnt even play MW3 until after new years the lag issue was so dam bad. after that it got a little bit better. still felt gimped when I didnt have host and felt god like when I did.

No you may not see a drastic increase because this games play style is quite different from past CoDs. And like you said maybe you have been on the good side of lag comp in all the past CoDs so you will def not see any change at all. Just because you personally dont see much of a change does not mean there is not some outside force creating chaos.  So maybe for reason that i can not explain you are not on the good side or the bad side (i wish i could be soo lucky) and this game is actually no different for you at all.

Sure in past CoDs there were the occasional bad connections, wtf kills, etc... But from my experience which is been in different states on different connections. there is def something very very wierd going on and at home where i have a "all around decent connection" i get the shaft end 95% of the time.

I played competitive back in Halo 1 anf for a little while after, but have continued to play and love FPS. Especially CoD it easily won my heart over Halo,  Now i am way past competiting but still like to play and have fun but i know what a game should feel like. Im not the best, not even close. Nor do i expect to go around put stomping all day every day.  what i want is this game to be fair. For it to be based on skill and awareness and reflex rather than just connection. plain and simple

superbob

If you think I was camping you are dumb. I had 10 flag captures during the game and was rushing them the entire game.

iivrruummii

http://askhideki.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/U-Mad-Bro.jpg

Sniper gets you while you are a streak.  Mad the Sniper out-played you so you post this topic on the forums hoping that they make snipers useless so more people use SMGs/ARs, and then they woop your butt even worse because they are actually trying.

DontBanMyAccounts

just the ballista is broken, the hitboxes are glitched, sometimes you fire their arms or head and doesnt kill.... buuuuuuuuut anyways, i like them snipers as-is, the only sniper i really liked on ALL the call of duty tittles was the L118A

iivrruummii

Intervention.

Maybe, If they made it so it's only a one hit kill from the head, there would be less quickscopers because it is harder to get a kill quickly aiming down the sights. But am a quickscoper ( sometimes not all the time ) and it can be annoying if you get sneaked up on and shot and you can't react because it gives you a hit marker. I like how they made it so it says that there is a sniper about but it's usually too late.

If your talking about modern warfare 2 thats always happening and it's very hard to get kills against quickscopers unless you are using a sniper yourself,

iivrruummii

Well in MW2 you could get a OHK with Stopping Power by shooting the enemy in the foot.  In BO2 you have to shoot someone in the chest and up.

dweez1988

Only OHK in the head?

If that happens... well goodbye QS bolt action players and hello SVU spam bullets snipers

I don't see this working what so ever

People would probably be even more pissed if every sniper would just run around with the SVU just spamming that right trigger