1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 292 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 10:25 AM by malditor Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: The Pick 10 system is a lie.
    Stumperud78

The_Shift wrote:

The cry babies have RUINED THIS GAME....

The crybabies (every generation of 12-15yr olds are usually the worst crybabies) has ruined the GENRE in general really.

Another reason why i enjoyed playing COD4 on the PC more than anything cause when we did clan wars, we used a mandatory mod for competitions/clanwars, that restricted you, so you couldn't use any custom classes, and every preset was stripped of a lot of stuff. Kinda like taking it back to basics really, where skill was key.

• 21. Re: The Pick 10 system is a lie.
    TL_Bare_B_V2

It would also mean you could shoot anyone sat behind a wall in the corner and make it easier to kill campers.

• 22. Re: The Pick 10 system is a lie.
    wraithoverlord

Yes but MMS only works if the other player is at a standstill and not moving otherwise the MMS doesnt work. and if the MMS can see them through the wall I am sure that they can be shot at also becuse its thin enough.. its usefull for stopping campers.

• 23. Re: The Pick 10 system is a lie.
    KoRny1

The OP forgot a few things...

It's not pick 10 because Wildcards prevent you from actually picking 10 things, AND you can't use two different types of grenades....If I use the Danger Close Wildcard, I want to be able to use a frag grenade and a Claymore at the same time.

• 24. Re: The Pick 10 system is a lie.
    Stumperud78

wraithoverlord wrote:

Yes but MMS only works if the other player is at a standstill and not moving otherwise the MMS doesnt work. and if the MMS can see them through the wall I am sure that they can be shot at also becuse its thin enough.. its usefull for stopping campers.

Here's a tip.

Enter custom game with a friend. You equip the MMS and sit behind a wall. Have your friend run/walk back and forth on the other side of a concrete wall.

The MMS can see through concrete as well, which is what you need FMJ for to penetrate.

It has a scan range of about 15 meters (Or close to, if not further) if i remember correctly.

If they were to add the option to use FMJ with it, then they would have to increase the time between each scan. Else it would be too much over the top. In fact, they should already increase the time between each scan imho.

• 25. Re: The Pick 10 system is a lie.
    SitRepPro

Heh It would be awesome to have four different tacticals - TI, Trophy System, EMP grenade and Black Hat PDA.  Think Domination players might get upset on that possibility though, especially with Scavenger refilling them.

• 26. Re: The Pick 10 system is a lie.

The pick 10 system is great. So you have limitations. In life you need limitations.

Or you would get people running very OP set-ups. I would argue if there was just one more point allowed. Poeple would figure out OP classes.

For me, I rarely run with equipment. I usually use 2 tier 1 perks (3 points) 2 tier 3 perks (3points)

Gun with 2 attachments (3 points) then a launcher. for UAV spam.

If I had just one more point the **** i could do. I could be totally silent and stealthy without ever getting scene or heard on MP.

It is a great system

• 27. Re: The Pick 10 system is a lie.
    nicedrewishfela

This is absurd, really.. How did the "Cry Babies" win? Where do you get off saying something as ridiculous as that.

The challenge these developers face is giving us more freedom of choice and expression while maintaining balance. The ironic thing is, the way the old CaC was... there was always a clear imbalance. In pretty much every CoD to date, you could point out a setup that was extremely Overpowered/Overused/Advantageous... however you choose.

The pick 10, in my opinion, is the best innovation they put into this game. It allows for creativity in how you set up, but without allowing for setups that are unbeatable. It allows you to do just as well with or without perks/attachments, etc. The beauty of the system, to me... is that you have to find the right mix that works for you. I wrote a thread about my experience with the SMR, for example. I tried numerous attachment setups until I finally found the one that worked best for me.

I have yet to see an "Overpowered" class, so how is it a lie, exactly?

• 28. Re: The Pick 10 system is a lie.
    wikked75

you also can't use select fire with hybrid scopes.

this system is better than the previous create a classes with the exception of being locked into one set of scorestreaks...

but it still could do without a lot of the restrictions, and shouldn't limit what perks you can use based on tiers.

overpowered? no. the people that cry overpowered, but then tell everyone there are no overpowered weapons, just overpowered players, had that right, and shouldn't be arguing for one, but against the other...

• 29. Re: The Pick 10 system is a lie.
    wikked75

those people have to be camping to be seen with the mms, plus, uavs do the same exact thing, basically. so i don't see your point.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next