19 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 1:16 PM by cuddlemonster69 RSS

more lagg lately.

last few days my game is messed up again. if i watch the vids im 1 second behind again like i always was on xp weekend. did not experience this in 2 weeks anoyone else has this tho?

• Re: more lagg lately.
    iivrruummii

I don't know what to tell you.  Maybe you are playing mind games with yourself.

yeah my mind is showing me im getting killed one on one while i carry shotgun shoot first.  but on the killcam because i cannot handle i lose. my brain just shows me i was shooting behind him to make me feel better!

TH3_IT

It could be just an 'influx' of more players since the Christmas release, since this is only the second weekend since it has been released and the last few days have been over a weekend. 

I am always lagging... hell I am impressed at myself for even having a positive k/d with all the lag i go through.

Same here.  Played fine the last week or so...now it's terrible again. 

gallp13

East Coast Australia based so get matched with predominantly with folk from QLD, NSW, VIC, NZ in BO2.

Lag has increased since Xmas due to influx of Xmas noobs with low quality connection that bamboozle the host selection algorithm. Vis algorithm, sniffs lobby, select host that looks OK pregame then mid game host jitters, drops packs due to connection quality or turning on Netflix el al. If you migrate, it may be to another crappy host. This happens every year due to the Xmas noob influx.

Just be patient lag will reduce again  over a month or so as the game IDs crap hosts and host blocks these guys. (JD2020 3/1/2011).

cheers

gallp

Lag or whatever the experts wants to call it, changes for me constantly one day I will be dominating, the next day, no matter how hard I try I can not win a face to face match up.

I am not a an expert in what is occuring, but I have been gaming online for a very long time.  Started playing in MW2, have logged I dont know how many months(actual play time) of my life into the game.  All I know is that there are too many instances in which someone killing me doesnt sit right. (IE: 20 shots in the back turn around and one shot I am dead,  enemy comes around the corner, I shoot the instant I see them, nope apparently I never shot a round, and they had plenty of time to look at me.)

There is no consistency to what is occuring which makes it very hard to troubleshoot.  One day you will see someone claiming they solved it for themselves, a week later they are back complaining about it.

Ive tried to adapt, but there are instance which have different types of lag, players dissappearing and reappearing behind me, connection interuptions right as I am about to shoot someone.

I just dashboard now when it is out of control, not a fan of those who go 2 and 20, so I do not want to do it to others.

I've played one game since having Comcast come out and fix my internet connection by running new lines. I've also since installed a new router to replace my Cisco e3000 so now I'm running a Asus RT-AC66R (Wireless-AC1750 802.11ac).

I hope that this isn't just a one time thing because I'm loving how smooth it is so far. My ping even dropped from it's normal 11 to this on average locally. I doubt it will last but I know I've done all I can at this point. We shall see.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2420176432.png

gallp13

This is a good piece of kit. I used to use it but we get a little interference on 2.4 and 5 Mghz bands. I just connect direct wire to modem, avoids pack loss, jitter that all wireless setups have. Get good games apart from Jan Xmas noob crappy hosts....sigh...so it is with all FPS fast twitch games that release in Nov and have noob influx Dec.

I had my provider do the same thing, it improved my average on about 20 servers ranging from 50miles to 2500 miles (8ms-80ms). Even though my overall connection improved it didnt help with this game, in fact it seems to have made it almost worse. Way more games where i'm 1 second behind. The problem with your test is its 1 test with a 50 mile distance, so unless everyone in the lobby is within it is meaninless.

I just experienced this but it's still no where near as bad as it was before. I did red bar once and realized the host was from Canada. No idea why but in this game any host other than the USA is a guaranteed lag fest.

As I've said before, I'll play this game a little bit if the lag continues. I know I have done everything I can to fix it and the rest is up to Treyarch.

gallp13

Generally speaking, closer the host (and every body else) less the lag. There's as detail explaination on this on the Support web site.

I know. I'm just saying that it's unbelievable that I have an 80 Ping to some "random" Speed Test server when connecting to a far out area of Canada and yet it has such a terrible connection to the host. It's as if I'm pulling a ping over 200. I also realize that the server is not the host thus it differs. However, I do expect the game to run similar to other games because this only happens in Black Ops II. That's a broken record for all of us though so I'll leave it there.

Then explain host lag.

And i have played manny matches before where my team is premade of local friends who managaed to get paired up of a premade of locals and it still lags ridiculously.

gallp13

Laggy games are awful and we will have te usual rough Jan until the game weeds and blocks crappy hosts. I just takes a about a month for things to improve. Until then. I agree just back out and line up for a better more reliable host. I don't dashboard though, just back out to e clear.