21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 11:35 AM by monkeylord RSS

Do you prefer scorestreaks or killstreaks?

I was excited about scorestreaks when I heard about them... but I will be honest.  I am a HCKC player.  As such, many of my kills happen at mid to long range and there are so many tag wh**es out there that I struggle to get my top end streaks.  I get plenty of tag, not camping, but I will go on a 12 or 15 killstreak, only to barely get a chopper... Seriously, I will kill a guy 10 feet from me, and a teammate will run out of nowhere and grab the tag.  Its a little frustrating.  I hope they go back to killstreaks after this game.  I have always played the objective.  If I go 30-10, ill have 15-20 tags... but I will see guys on the team with 5 kills that have 25 tags.  Its a nuisance.

Your thoughts?

• Re: Do you prefer scorestreaks or killstreaks?
    crosby85

I understand your point of veiw but think that this is the way forward, to me I think though the system could do with a little tweeking. Like when they tweeked the points on killing someone that had been put into last stand (or final standwhat ever it was called) with this the guy who put him there originally was awarded an assist which was wrong, they realised this (after being told by alot of people lol) and changed it so he would be awarded the kill and the person to finish him off would get the assist!

They need to do the same in KC and give them 50pts for instance bonus for confirming but give the guy who killed the guy 100pts for killing them and having their tags confirmed. This way people who can't get across the map will get their kills confirmed by someone who is already their but may reduce the annoying fu**ers that jump out of nowhere to steal them!

dalger22

I like the scorestreaks above killstreaks simply because everything you do contributes to getting a scorestreaks.  Only way to get a killstreak is to get kills (and assists from MW3).  I like this way better.

I think that would be a great approach.  Good thoughts.  Scorestreaks are more effective in Domination and the like.  KC is just one of those game modes, that it doesnt work quite as well.  I mean a spyplane, for example, should roughly be a 3 killstreak (3 kills, 2 tags = 350 pts)  but it is normally a 4 in KC (4 kills, 2 tags = 400).  You are lucky to get half as many tags as kills... and believe me, I scoop up tags as I see them.  But i think you are right... some tweaking needs done for each game mode to make it the most effective.

ghamorra

You can earn incidental points just by standing in a general area of the objective. In KC you get 100pts for a tag, add that to the fact Steaks stack and you can easily get high end Streaks with just a couple kills and some luck objective points. I made another thread about this last night that's still up

I think MW3 point system was great. You still earned a point for objective play but you also had to get kills too. Which meant you had to be in prolonged active danager to earn higher Streaks. In Black Ops II you can ride Streaks while be safely hidden away

monkeylord

ghamorra wrote:

I think MW3 point system was great. You still earned a point for objective play but you also had to get kills too. Which meant you had to be in prolonged active danager to earn higher Streaks. In Black Ops II you can ride Streaks while be safely hidden away

Fine in theory but the reality of KC on MW3 was poles apart from the ideal it was a case of people hovering at the back of maps with needing just 5 kills to start the chain reaction of KS that they did squat objective wise to earn and was as far removed from danger as can be.

Now if you want to consistantly earn that kind've stuff you finally do have to play the "smart" game that has so often been harped on by the outer rim huggers and get your route down so these dudes who hang around the objective get rewarded with nothing more than the odd tag which is no great loss if you focus on on a kill/collect route.

Also at least 5 out 6 people are going for tags rather than MW3 where it was more like 2 out 6 because the other 4 were hunkerd in a bush to afraid to eat a death for KC scorestreaks was the boost it needed.

ghamorra

KC is a sketchy ground to cover, because the objective is so plentiful but at the same time so pointless to get. I look at KC in Black Ops II and it's the only game mode where I can cycle my Lodestar twice in one life, done it too many times. But as you said, in MW3 people don't collect tags because it's not a point towards Streaks so why bother. If you did make it a point then you'll run into the same issue as Black Ops II where Streaks are too easy to get

monkeylord

It's the good with bad when it's KS the mode is just filled with people who only play for the kills and would overwatch an area where tags would amass, duck down for reload where it was 50/50 who got the tags, they didn't care which side as they were still rewarded with a KS.

Now with score streaks they want thoese tags picked up so will provide cover and pick their spots better with regards to the objective now the people who really take the risk by being amongst the tags and playing the objective get the rewards

As for the cycling of score streaks of course it's easier in an arcadey mode like KC where there's shed loads of points to be had but on the flip side it's easier to suppress the higher end streaks and on the whole they have less effect it's rare I see the opposing team both get a highend streak and also go onto the win as the people who tend to use them will leave 3+ tags out in the open if it means dying and 3 tags at the swing point will decide a win or lose.

Where as rapidly dissapering tags and quick respawns that highend streaks create are often counter productive to the team who has it and if it's a controlled one even better as the highest scoring enemy player is off the grid.

For the objectives score streaks have created loads of people who now go for the objectives MW3 and prior the boards were filled with "Why does no one PTFO!" now it's "to many PTFO".

Keep scorestreaks for the objectives but reinstate KS for TDM/FFA where you should be rewarded for high strings of kills.

ghamorra

I think we need to play together Monkey, I've been winning my games by 40-50 tags, I average around 20-30 kills and 20-30 confirms with about 10 denies and a ton a lot time spent in my Lodestar. That's just how KC works for me. I bust my ass to get my early Streaks and for the enemy it's all downhill from there

monkeylord

ghamorra wrote:

I think we need to play together Monkey, I've been winning my games by 40-50 tags, I average around 20-30 kills and 20-30 confirms with about 10 denies and a ton a lot time spent in my Lodestar. That's just how KC works for me. I bust my ass to get my early Streaks and for the enemy it's all downhill from there

Lol I focus on the chaos and cannon fodder approach i've learnt a long time ago you can't stop randoms focusing on rushing back for the revenge kill but if you anchor the spawns right then hopefully they spawn just far enough away to take another route which means if they die it's to someone else on the enemy team rather than the dude who is on a roll.

I've managed to hone it down to the loses I have to be more in the region of 10-15 tags although there has been quite a few come backs lately where it ends 95-93. Personally I hate using any KS that involves downtime I have a pathological need to be moving for tags I want as close to 100 as I can get.

~shrug~ I'm always up for a game it's often the rounds I get pounded on where I learn something new.

I played HCKC a couple times and when people would take tags i would just shoot them and **** up the scorestreaks and didn't care if i got kicked or not haha

TMBI

I also understand your point of view - but I am a real fan of the scorestreaks now!

In MW3 you´ll see people running "Support-Streaks" like EMP now all the time in DOM - and this is annoying a lot!

The best they could do to make people play more on the objective (especially in DOM), was to implement Score-Streaks!

Anyway, I got some Dogs last time - when I first tried them out!

I did 33:8 - 6 were made by the Dogs - then the match was over!

I do neither camp nor using sniper or ghost or coldblooded...but playing the objective helps a lot to get that score-streaks!

Anyway: There are still too many players playing TDM in DOM, camping for scorestreaks with success!

They would have more success with kill-streaks for sure!

I guess it would help a little to increase the "Assist"-Points in KC and DOM - because you sometimes shoot down an enemy with several hits and the jerk from your team finally kills him with the last shot catching up 100 points! Annoying!

Same with "Tags" in KC! Ok, it´s more dangerous to get the Tag - but stealing them should not been rewarded too much!

My 2ct...

I like scorestreak because it prevents thoughs people from camping just to get five kills or whatever amount of kills and constanly drop missiles or releasing the dogs. Having said that, it does have some drawbacks. It's harder to get the simplist things at time like UAV (bad spawning), and in the case of kill confirmed, you have people press to still the tags, not to help the team ,but to get there streaks. But even still it benefits the team, so I dont trip to much about it.

With the remodeling of the killstreak to scorestreak, it helps bring balance to the game which I like. My main problem is the lagg.

rlbl

Scorestreaks (and they way they accumulate) > Killstreaks (in principal)

Remember in MW3 if you had a launcher and someone called in the 5 chopper thing?  Insta pred, which could turn into a insta chopper (sometimes into a insta reaper if you got lucky).... all without killing anyone!

This cannot happen in BO because although the scores stack (an improvement over BO1), you are not given a full point (score in this case) towards the streak.

Regardless of the game type people now have to work towards getting the streak. So even though yes, a lot of people are getting swarms and VTOLs etc... the number is way less than the number of people getting Reapers, AC130s, Juggs, EMPs and Osprays like in MW3...

(slightly off topic... remember getting the 7 Kill nukes in MW2!?)... stupid IW...

I used to advocate killstreaks not stacking at all, but what 3ARC did is a step in the right direction.

Scorestreaks (in principal) for the win.

Any system that encourages objective-oriented gameplay over selfish kill-whoring gets my vote.

Definitely scorestreaks.

There's nothing worse than seeing a camper top the lobby leaderboard by completely ignoring the objective. For example look at the Nuke in MW2, people would just camp and play super defensive in 1 corner of the map trying to earn their harriers which in turn will get the chopper gunner and nuke, thus ending the game and winning. Winning the game by completely ignoring the objective is ridiculous.

Scorestreaks have a good balance to them because campers/slayers have to get a lot more kills than the objective guys, as the objective guys will obviously die more that's how it should be.

rlbl

Hutch_GF wrote:

For example look at the Nuke in MW2, people would just camp and play super defensive in 1 corner of the map trying to earn their harriers which in turn will get the chopper gunner and nuke, thus ending the game and winning. Winning the game by completely ignoring the objective is ridiculous.

Yep... this is the 7-kill-nuke I was talking about (for those who did not play MW2).  It was really dumb.

I think that scorestreaks are better because i play a lot of domination and you get 200 for an enemy capture and get 200 for a capture kill you have already have a your uav but i do miss killstreaks

Raketti

I like the scorestreaks because in my opinion they make killwhoring in objective gamemodes a little less effective compared to the MW3's poinstreak or the original killstreak system.