31 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 1:09 PM by acedzer0 RSS

To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...

acedzer0

EDITORIAL:

This post only expresses my feelings and points of view, I don't believe there's a right or wrong here.

 

 

I've been around this forum for a while now.  I was also on MW3, Black Ops 1, and MW2 forums.  Mostly a lurker but made a few posts here and there.  My question to you is this.  What makes you keep playing?  Post after post I see things that are wrong with the game, this scrorestreak/gun/equipment is op, or lag, or host issues or just plain BS.  I would say at least 90% of posts on this forum are centered around this content.

 

Same thing in previous games forums.  I am guilty as well.  I keep playing under what seems to be a delusion that the game will get better.  That I won't drive myself crazy because of all the above mentioned issues.

 

Unfortunately, we are the minority in the COD world.  I would guess for every one person who posts on these forums, there's at least 10-25 that do not, and thats the way that Treyarch/Activision sees it.  I honestly don't think anyone there loses any sleep at night wondering about who is having issues and checking this forum.  I'm sure some intern or temp employee gets tasked to probably glance at the forum every once in a while and come to the conclusion that there's nothing wrong, we're all low lifes who have nothing better to do than to sit behind a keyboard and ***** about a game that we all want to love, but honestly can't.

 

The fact that we are so very adament and determined to make Treyarch/Activision see the error of their ways, while noteworthy, is also pointless.  All of the posts, youtube videos, commentaries, etc I beleive still only speak to the minority.  When was the last time you saw a major gaming website do an article about the issues with this game (or any other COD for that matter?).  The majority will have either moved on, or for whatever reason honestly enjoy the game.

 

Take MW2 for example.  Tons of us whined bitched and moaned mostly about noob tubes, hackers, and boosters.  Load up the game today and what do you see?  Pretty much the same damn thing!  In the case of boosting, I believe they actually ENCOURAGED it by taking out 1 on 1 3rd person tactical matches, and making it so boosting went on in just about every other game mode.  Yet we still played it.  I have traded and bought back every COD game because I'm addicted.  It's sad, and I feel ashamed.  But I know I'm not alone.

 

Anyway, I might still play, but I honestly think the solution is to stop.  It might get someone's attention if they notice no one is playing their game online.  Although, after 4 COD's, my hope runs thin....

  • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
    sgtDLC

    Posts like this are all from a same guy just making new accounts on this forum. Same words, same feelings, just changed litle bit.

    I am not saying you are wrong, 90% of us feel like that but you don't need to make 10 accounts, you or anyone else here

    • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
      acedzer0

      sgtDLC wrote:

       

      Posts like this are all from a same guy just making new accounts on this forum. Same words, same feelings, just changed litle bit.

      I am not saying you are wrong, 90% of us feel like that but you don't need to make 10 accounts, you or anyone else here

      While I can understand how you might think that way, I hate to inform you, I'm not that guy...

    • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
      jwaller123

      I don't think that's a new account. It says his account was made back in November.

       

      To the OP:

       

      I personally enjoy this game. I don't see one thing that is really that much better than another. Yes there is some lag, but it is not always game breaking. If it is, I back out and find another lobby. There are some things that I dislike about the game, but not because it is OP/UP. Take the hunter killer for instance. I don't run cold blooded because my playstyle calls for another perk and I don't want to use a wildcard to be able to use cold blooded. So the fact that I constantly die from them is my own fault, not the games. The same thing can be said about many other perks, streaks, weapons, etc...

       

      There is a counter to just about anything in the game. So the fact the others complain about things being OP/UP are just not using them to their strengths and weaknesses. I understand we all payed good money for a game, but at the end of the day it is simply that...a game. It shouldn't be taken as serious as some take it. Treyarch (or anyone else for that matter) will NEVER put out a game that pleases everyone equally. There will ALWAYS be something that someone hates or thinks is OP/UP.

  • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...

    This is my 3rd post and the 3rd time i will drop the name "mass effect."  The bioware team was all over their forums listening and tweaking and changing things that the pucblic pointed out.  They added FREE content, and made the game better and better and better.  I am forever now a bioware-lifer.   As far as activision,  with every game i get further and further away from wanting to buy their games. 

    • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
      asianman12

      But that wasn't even for game mechanics. It was because the fans didn't like the ending to the series which is just total BS.  Bioware was stupid to succumb to their whining.  All just to "redo" the ending that they were the sole developers and had every right to keep the way it was originally.  Who gives the buyers the right to tell them to remake the ending because they didn't like it?  It's like telling the author or Harry Potter to remake the ending because the readers thought it sucked.  How stupid does that sound?

  • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...

    Man there are so many good games coming out this 2013 that if they come out with another cod I will personally skip it. Not interested in purchasing a game that has the potential to break a console that I worked hard to purchase no matter how good the game is.

  • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...

    I keep coming back to CoD games out of nostalgia mostly.

     

    I complain about the lag because it needs to be fixed to be on par with CoD4.

  • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...

    Im right there with you being ashamed at myself for wanting this game to play well rather than just giving it up.  CoD has always been a stress reliever and a time that i can have to myself.  Also it has helped keep me close to friends over the years that without CoD we would probably just fade away to a few facebook comments here and there. 

     

    Unfortunetly Not playing will not make a differance.  There will always be the fanboys who play no matter what, the kids who dont know better, and the guys who are lucky enough to actually not have a problem.  Plus 3arch already got their money from us buying the game so it doesnt matter to them anyways.  The best chance is to not buy the DLC, because then they are lossing money. Again there are fanboys, kids, and the lucky group. 

    • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
      asianman12

      You know how you can make a difference for yourself then?  Stop playing the game all together and play something else that you enjoy more often.

      • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...

        I hope so so badly, that they try to fix the lag comp and it flips the connection for everyone.  Anyone who was a second behind is now a second ahead and vise versa.  Not becasue i want the advantage... but becasue i want to come back there and laugh my a** off at all the people who complained about "complainers"... to just listen to the moans of the guys who say "i have no problems with the connection, you just need to get better"

         

        Im nomally a nice guy. but the arrogance of some people is getting really old

  • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
    Jollyjugs77

    well put, and the biggest problem of them all, are most of the people on this forum think they are better than they are and miss the obvious.  people swear smg are OP, but they are not they just seem OP because they are mostly used, resulting in people dieing by them the most, leading them to believe they are OP.

     

    this is not just with guns it is with most things in the game, which is why i think the dev do not bother with the forums, the only thing people can complain about are the spawns and the lag comp.

     

    personal opinion

  • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
    asianman12

    OP I agree.  I don't really have much problem with this game and it's so called "shoddy netcode".  So I enjoy playing this game.  But for the other so called "whiners and complainers".  I guess it's they want it to play a certain way.  So they keep playing in hopes that their whining and complaining will be heard and that one day they will turn on the game and "viola!!" the game plays amazing for them and they can stop whining on the forums for once.  It's really counter intuitive really.

    • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...

      asianman12 wrote:

       

      OP I agree.  I don't really have much problem with this game and it's so called "shoddy netcode".  So I enjoy playing this game.  But for the other so called "whiners and complainers".  I guess it's they want it to play a certain way.  So they keep playing in hopes that their whining and complaining will be heard and that one day they will turn on the game and "viola!!" the game plays amazing for them and they can stop whining on the forums for once.  It's really counter intuitive really.

       

      Khan had me at hello...

       

      OH and You know who this is...

       

      No explanation needed. ;8

    • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
      djtn

      No offence but you’re irritating.

       

      Accepting a game that is broken when you play it because it works for others is dumb. If it works fine for you or you’re happily accepting of being at a disadvantage and being several milliseconds behind everyone else then great- why aren’t you playing instead of trolling the threads where people who have a legitimate problem are looking for a fix?

       

      Every time someone has an issue with the game you pipe in with sarcastic remarks, trying to discredit them. It offers absolutely nothing to the conversation.

      • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
        asianman12

        djtn wrote:

         

        No offence but you’re irritating.

         

        Accepting a game that is broken when you play it because it works for others is dumb. If it works fine for you or you’re happily accepting of being at a disadvantage and being several milliseconds behind everyone else then great- why aren’t you playing instead of trolling the threads where people who have a legitimate problem are looking for a fix?

         

        Every time someone has an issue with the game you pipe in with sarcastic remarks, trying to discredit them. It offers absolutely nothing to the conversation.

         

        Well my only excuse would be that My xbox is in Boston while I'm on vacation.  So I can't really play now can I? 

         

        As for offering nothing to the conversation.  This thread is about all the whiners, complainers, etc.  I'm agreeing with the OP and if that isn't offering something to the conversation, then Idk what the hell I'm doing here.

         

        One more thing.  What makes me a troll?  That term seems to be used way more than it should in these forums.  If I was trolling I would be really trying to Piss you off.  Yet that isn't my sole intention on these forums.  So I am obviously not trolling ever.

      • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
        Rednecksniper39

        djtn wrote:

         

        Every time someone has an issue with the game you pipe in with sarcastic remarks, trying to discredit them. It offers absolutely nothing to the conversation.

        Most things that people come here and claim to be an "issue" are just things that they do not like. The one thing that is a true issue is lag related concerns. But there are very hit and miss and truly could be all user related. It is hard to tell.

  • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
    mischaelite

    I am heavily invested in the CoD franchise and have played it since the very first one.

     

    With IW the game has been constantly evolving for the better whilst Treyarc have taken us a step back with every installation - until now that is, this is the first game in a long time that changes how we play CoD.

     

    For the first time since MW2 I can wake up at 4am knowing I should sleep some more, but gets up anyway because of the Black Ops 2 itch. With the qualities of the internet we enjoy here in Sweden

    (1 GB/s via fiber) I almost never have to worry about lag, but the PS3 verion like the first Black Ops before it still hangs itself on occasion demanding a hard reset which is a problem they managed to solve in BLOPS1 and probably will in the next patch in this geme as well.

     

    The game is great so it amazes me that they release an unfinished product instead of waiting.

     

    However, n00bs will continue to complain about attachments and this or that gun even in the next gen installments to come. The expert player knows how to utilize them properly = the n00b gets his ass kicked and whines

    • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
      Jollyjugs77

      the best part thier is about 5 of us that are nonly posting on this post, just goes to show how many of us actually are smart enough to see past the bs of the complainers on the forum.

       

      agree with mishaelite with the ps3 version i was a ps person my whole life, but after bo1 and the horrible lag and freeze problems, which was with a lot more games than just bo1 but that was the last straw for me.  I went xbox and i have yet to see a problem with lag in games and enjoy putting bullets in people and laughing at them.

       

      although i love CoD, BF3 in my eyes was a nice change and it is alwasy fun to rotate with these games, makes them feel fresh when i go back to them, which might be the main reason i always buy CoD, although the new BF might take over this year if they can out beat BF3

  • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
    CowboySr

    After reading the post, Im not even sure if your supporting the game or not.

    • Re: To all the whiners, complainers, video makers, etc...
      acedzer0

      CowboySr wrote:

       

      After reading the post, Im not even sure if your supporting the game or not.

      In it's current state, I do not.  Mainly because of the issues pertaining to networking.  There's enough evidence to say something is wrong, but as another poster said, it's hard to tell.

       

      My post was intended as a wake up call.  For example, I remember in Black Ops 1, lag comp was discussed quite often.  The developer's response?  "It's all in your head".

       

      I believe Treyarch chooses what to listen to and what not to.  While that is entirely their perrogative, I can't understand how so many of us have the problem.  If you are accused of something, then the accuser has to show evidence.  There's mountains of it; people have posted, usually quoting their upload/download speeds and ping, and there are as many different setups as there are posts, yet it goes unanswered.

       

      All of the so called "fixes" the community has offered have either had very limited success or none at all.  I don't claim to know what the problem is or how to fix it, but I certainly experience it.  And yes, I have foolishly believed that changing a setting on my router, pc, what have you, will somehow solve everything.  The fact that Treyarch stands by and does nothing speaks volumes, and has for quite some time.

       

      Don't get me wrong, I'm not singling out this one game, all games have issues.  There are at least couple of reasons why I believe people feel strongly about it.  First off, for me personally, I actually enjoy the concept of multiplayer, and when it works the way it's supposed to, it's great!  Second, is that COD is the #1 franchise on Xbox 360, so yes, it will be in the spotlight more, and will be scrutinized more naturally.

       

      As I said in the OP, I am guilty of wanting to keep playing hoping (hence, the delusional part) it will not necessarily get better, but at least a more level playing field, but that's another subject.  The question in the OP is more of a "why bother" scenario more than anything.