15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 9:54 AM by squity123 RSS

Lazy Lazy 3Arc

Just a small moan for today:

Yesterday, my welcome message whilst logging in to BO2 was no doubt the same as everyone elses - the announcement of the new DLC for BO2 Revolution.  The message stated that the DLC would be available 29/1/13.  This morning I received a youtube link for the trailer.  I checked out the trailer showing us 4 new MP maps, new Zombies content and a new SMG.  But the end of the trailer states the DLC is only available for Xbox live on 29/01/13.  I'm not stupid, we all know Xbox gets the new DLC before us.  But why on earth did 3arc not adjust the welcome message on the PS3 to show the correct information??  Are they that lazy and comfortable in taking the p1$$ out of the customers??  It just shows a complete lack of respect to me.

It was the same for the Season pass.  Their website advertised the season pass for £34.99.  When I purchased my copy on the day of release, the GAME store also convinced me to purchase £35 worth of PS store credit for the season pass.  But the season pass for PSN is £41.99?!?  WTF?!?  Even if it is £41.99 (which is a complete rip), please get the CoD website to advertise the correct information.

FYI I am one of the few people that are enjoying BO2 at present.  I know the game needs tweaks, but I like most of the maps, the pick 10 and the scorestreak system.  But I've tried complaining to 3arc and Vohn regarding the lack of hardcore modes and what I've explained above, and as with most other people there is a complete lack of response or courtesy.  If they listened to what people were saying on these forums they would no doubt get a lot of players back online.

Rant Over

• Re: Lazy Lazy 3Arc
    Mojo33

First World Problems

Izjar11

Good post,

I think its safe to say they copy and pasted that announcment to all platforms.

I for one will not provide them with more $$ until they improve connectivity / matchmaking.

BanHaMMer

Izjar11 wrote:

Good post,

I think its safe to say they copy and pasted that announcment to all platforms.

I for one will not provide them with more $$ until they improve connectivity / matchmaking.

Agreed, my "ego" won't take it

they copy and paste cause they could not care one bit what playstation users think, they will not be bothered assinging someone the task of making up a playstation dedicated message, they want you to purchase an xbox so they win, win, less playstation users mean less abuse directed at them for there shambolic ports.

MR-FREEZE-OPS-2 wrote:

they want you to purchase an xbox so they win, win, less playstation users mean less abuse directed at them for there shambolic ports.

I know what you're saying but I'm not sure if that's totally true.  Season pass on PS3 - £41.99, season pass on Xbox - £32.99.  So they're getting £9 extra from PS3 users.  Judging by 3arc's current money grabbing record I'm sure they'd rather have more people buying it on PS3!

Hamster_Botherer

They also said they'd look in to the price being so high for ps3, like they were genuinely suprised.. Maybe they're still looking and holding on just long enough to see how many people are going to buy it at that price before they decide it's wrong.  Several friends of a friend went back to gamestation and complained about the season pass price after they'd been sold the season pass on launch day and gamestation were initially giving out extra ps3 credit to cover it (for free), but when my mate went to ask they said sorry you're too late, so he spent it on other games instead.  It might be worth going back to them and demanding a refund or a free upgrade, you're probably within your rights to do so, but remember you're under no obligation to spend that money on a season pass at all..  If noone buys it they'll be forced to reduce the price.

I've already used the code so I'm unable to get a refund from GAME.  Suffice to say the £35 credit still sits in my profile - unused, unloved and waiting to be spent on something worthwhile. 

rlbl

I am going to chalk this up to the activision "bait and switch" business practices they seem to be doing...

I am growing very cynical.

dubhicks

I decided rather quickly in this title that I will not spend another red cent on anything they offer. They must prove to me that my business is wanted, rather than expected. I'm done getting upset about it. AV and TA/IW need to show me they want me as a customer if they wish to see any more of my money.

TRU11

yup.

agreed on this.

i bought the season pass last season for MW3 but i ended up rarely playing those maps because they only got to normal rotation way to late.

seriously i want to use the maps i purchase in the gamemode i like to play.

i dont want to be forced to be put in a play list with modes i dont give a **** about.

not to mention how i was forced to change each streak according to the mode i had to play.

like a stealth bomber has any purpose on S&D lol.

ChestSplittah

From a well seasoned Veteran of studying the workings and shenanigans, snubbing of PS3 gamers by Treyarch... YES they well.. he gets a kick out snubbing, rubbing salt, and so on. He even came to this subforum and basically tried to make himself look like a martyr, came out and said that he doesn't like the way we disapprove of the treatment of our version of the game. Then said he will continue to kick it with his console specific pals.

Also, as a fair warning. The Mods will delete threads that buck him and Treyarch too much and ban you.