12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 7:16 AM by XM_RAMBO RSS

Black Ops 2: League Play.

eastergonewrong

I would like to address a couple of issues that have arisen to me whilst playing in the League Play, Team Deathmatch Series playlist.

1) The fact that you get seperated into divisions. Now, don't get me wrong, it is a great way to see who is skillful and who isn't. However, this isn't the case because of the fact that you don't have iron vs iron or gold vs gold, it is instead all jumbled up so you will have unranked players competing against platinum and masters players. This is quite humilating for some players and also utterly testing of their patience. I am honestly fed up with having a team full of unranked and iron or bronze players in my team who don't know anything and have been the honest reason as to why i went from rank 20 gold to rank 20 silver, of the past 20 games i have played 13 have of them have been losses and the are probably tonnes more if i could go back that far. But seriously, this shouldn't be happening, it honestly shouldn't and i am on my final straw because it is crap that i have to suffer just because the other players that make up the rest of my team are incompetent. So what i ask of you treyarch is to address this issue, because if you are going to seperate us into different divisions, have us play against people in the same division, you do have a ladder after all, so why not actually make it into a ladder competition like it should be. Though the only times you should encounter players of a different division is if they are doing exceptionally well in the division below you or if they are doing quite horribly in the division above you.

2) The other thing i want to address, is the ladder points system. This system absolutely boggles my mind because it is terrible, it honestly is. For five games in a row, and i am not lying, i was raging at several my friends about this,  i recieved -150 for five games in a row. Now, yes my team did lose, but why punish me when for all five times i was the only person to make a positive k/d? Why? I don't understand it, and then when i finally do win a match i only get +10 and not only that, but i get moved from my silver division to a gold division. I'm sorry, but please excuse me when i say, what the actual ****? How does that make any sense? I honestly can't figure out what happened. As well as, just the points itself, are they random so you get a different amount each time or is it something else entirely? I just want to know because some games i'll get -10 and others i'll get -150 and some games i'll only get +10 whilst i was the standout or even +30 if i am lucky. It just frustrates me when i do well and i get give practically nothing for my great efforts. Oh and the weekly bonus should be raised because that will get burned up so quickly, it will literally be gone in an hour or two.

So yeah explanations and clarifications would be appreciated, thanks for reading, let me know if anything doesn't make sense, i'm typing this at 2am on my phone which sucks.

Anyway, thanks and have a good day/night.

• Re: Black Ops 2: League Play.
    WiseguyFTL

I agree with both 1 and 2. But there just aren't enough people playing league to make it gold vs gold or plat vs plat or iron vs iron...  I also dislike how the promotion works, I've been in platinum for ages while a friend got into masters almost right away xp And I'm not losing that much and I'm in the top 10...

jeepchick

League Play forums for recruiting and discussion.

Xbox - https://channel.elite.callofduty.com/community/xbox/world-league

Ps3 - https://channel.elite.callofduty.com/community/ps3/world-league

Cheers!

Claire JeepChick

Firesens

Yeah League Play is not very skillful at all since it pairs players that are in different divisions together also, I have been stuck at Awaiting Placement for 15 games now. It is really annoying to be doing this over and over.

Cla55icR0ck3r

I agree with you. I too is getting annoyed. I just lost but had the highest points out of everybody and lost 150 points and bonus points as well. I could of sworn on the league play information it said the teams would be fair but from what I see they are not. I just hope activision and treyach do something to stop skilled players getting punished.

trialstardragon

1) there is not enough players in league for it to properly balance out the teams based upon division like it should.

2) the points are awared and removed based on win/loss not k/dr and that is how it should be. You loose, you loose points, plain and simple. Does not matter if you were the best or worst on the team. For Leauge is about wins and losses not k/dr.

A Pig that flys

I agree 99%. The one problem is, instead of losing 150 points for a loss if you're the only one on your team who did ANYTHING (74-5 on TDM, because yes, it happened to me before DX) where the rest of your team feeds the enemy kills, you shouldn't lose as many points. Your team would lose 200 points, and you should only lose 50. I do agree that winning determines whether you gain or lose points, but it shouldn't stay at a solid amount.

RA_FALANGAS

I agree with the 2 issues. I am also being punished in the ladder point system in Moshpit because I was the only one that kill a lot, get the flag or defuse a bomb, the rest of the team did not help. Some play mates just wanted get kills in a Domination session, so they really did not know the play. I was really angry and frustrated. Moshpit is intended to ^solo^ players but to recover my rank I have to call my clan team mates to get wins together and rise up. It does not make sense.

The ladder points system are enigmatic and nowhere explained their calculation system, so how we can know what to improve in the gameplay?  What is the K/D contribution against Win/loss? and the team contribution?

crankycrayon

You know what's the most irritating of all. Is playing league play and having your entire team drop at the very beginning of every single match... I've lost at least 5 games in a row now because I am going solo or with one other person against a full party. There needs to be way more severe punishments implemented for those who drop at the beginning.

crankycrayon

You know what's the most irritating of all. Is playing league play and having your entire team drop at the very beginning of every single match... I've lost at least 5 games in a row now because I am going solo or with one other person against a full party. There needs to be way more severe punishments implemented for those who drop at the beginning.

Vlad_theImpaler

@trialstardragon gave the logical responses to both points.

I agree that point system can be very annoying, but it's loosely based on ELO rating system, but unfortunately there is no documentation to spell it out. I wrote a suggestion in a separate threat regarding that - taking in-game points and team balance into consideration, when awarding points, this way if you contribute more towards the win (or less towards the loss) you gain more points (or lose less). Similarly, if you play 2v4 or 1v4, you don't lose as many points (or none at all).

http://community.callofduty.com/message/414608313#414608313

XM_RAMBO

Guys. You just need to be practical when thinking about this stuff. Divisions are to determine how good you are. I have had times where my team lost but I still moved up a division because I was better than the people I was playing with and against. But I agree that there are bronze and iron that play with masters and thats messed up. Points/ rank in that division are to determine how much you play or how many times you win. Im gold rank 6 and still moving up. I also agree they need to make the point system a little more balanced but with say a 300 point drop for people that leave?