13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 5:58 AM by pauly02 RSS

Note For Activision About DLC For WII U

OK, to be honest with all yall. I know About 43 grown men who want the the wii u but arent sure if there getting DLC. Heads up if you think Black ops 2 On Wii U dont have enough player its because of DLC Rumors. IF you want money, gotta make the deal and trust me you wont regret giving DlC for wii U. I Promise You that!!! I too have Xbox but i really want BO2 On WII U...But DLC is what i want more.(:

• Re: Note For Activision About DLC For WII U
    STOCKTON

Yea I know a lot of people that have a wii u and waiting to get black ops 2 if dlc comes out.

Yea, totally agree, me, my team + friends are waiting for the dlcs to get Black ops on the wii.

I honnestly believe if treyarch actually does something to let wii u players get the same rights as xbox or ps3 players, they're going to make wii U a console on the same scale as the two others, and a huge profit in the same time. Choice is theirs now

Territan

And here I could see big trouble. Figure that Treyarch and Activision, not having the time to engineer content for unpopular platforms, might see the lack of players getting into this version of CoD:BlOps as a reason not to deliver the DLC.

It's a basic catch-22. I bought into it despite the DLC situation, hoping that my presence as a warm body online might encourage them to cut loose with the add-ons.

I see another problem: the Nintendo eShop, through which we'd likely buy these add-ons. They're using a rounded system for buying credit ($10, $20, $50, etc.) to buy things with non-integer prices ($9.99, $14.99, $54.99, etc.), and I can see that scaring off serious shoppers. Sadly, this is one area which Sony ultimately got right. Factor in Nintendo's cut for stuff sold through the eShop (I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's non-zero), and the arguments against DLC mount up at the corporate level.

Territan wrote:

And here I could see big trouble. Figure that Treyarch and Activision, not having the time to engineer content for unpopular platforms, might see the lack of players getting into this version of CoD:BlOps as a reason not to deliver the DLC.

It's a basic catch-22. I bought into it despite the DLC situation, hoping that my presence as a warm body online might encourage them to cut loose with the add-ons.

I see another problem: the Nintendo eShop, through which we'd likely buy these add-ons. They're using a rounded system for buying credit ($10, $20, $50, etc.) to buy things with non-integer prices ($9.99, $14.99, $54.99, etc.), and I can see that scaring off serious shoppers. Sadly, this is one area which Sony ultimately got right. Factor in Nintendo's cut for stuff sold through the eShop (I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's non-zero), and the arguments against DLC mount up at the corporate level.

I also find it funny that the Op promises that they'll make a fortune if they give us dlc because they know a few people that want to buy a wii u. 43 grown men won't make treyarch go out of their way, and the fact that they state they're grown men makes me think that they're not. Only a somewhat immature grown man would say something like that..

Don't forget to tell your friends that this game lags like crazy and the patches to fix all the other bugs is taking forever. Its more or less unplayable right now, except for a precious few. Maybe you'll be amongst the lucky ones. Its a £300 gamble, up to you..

infinitlag

Yes, half the community is crying out for DLC. I have no idea why. Maybe they want to be like the other consoles?

ps about the gun in the DLC. An AR and SMG combined. What are its weaknesses? It takes away the weaknesses of an SMG and AR. And of course this gun will have to be overpowered. Why would you ever put an underpowered gun in DLC.

Q - Will the Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 DLC Map Packs and DLC Season Pass be available for the Wii U™?

A - With details for the Wii U™ game system from Nintendo being newly announced, Activision is working with Nintendo on the possibility of releasing the Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 DLC Map Packs and the DLC Season Pass for this new gaming platform, and more details will be released at a later date.

Im still waiting for Rezzurection on Wii. Should come out anyday now. Black ops 2 wont work on wii so no dlc