3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 10:14 AM by [pde]paulkersey RSS

The reason they included World at War in the Deluxe Edition

radical_53

Now, after two months, it seems obvious to me why they included WaW in the Deluxe Edition of this game. They wanted to showcase, to all those that kept playing Modern Warfare (and thus may have skipped it), that they were capable of making a great PC game.

I went back to Modern Warfare yesterday to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or had some romantic memories of the old days. I started off with a server that had Hardcore Headquarters running, 16 people max, and connected to it with less than a 20ms ping. Yes guys, things like these exist even today.

Then I got into the game and was able to choose my team. I started to smile

The game itself made it pretty clear that I was able to hit what I saw, it felt very exact and spot-on. The eye-opener came when I brought up the scoreboard at the end of the match -> some guys had up to 130ms latency to this server, yet no one was lagging visible or had bad hit detection.

As World at War felt just the same, had better (far more detailled and larger) maps and a slightly slower setting (which I prefer) it easily stays my prefered CoD title so far. Black Ops was very nice also but already had far more issues with hit detection and lag compensation.

I still can't understand why they abandoned the old system as it was working so well (and still is).

• Re: The reason they included World at War in the Deluxe Edition
    wierd worlds are these

radical_53 wrote:

Now, after two months, it seems obvious to me why they included WaW in the Deluxe Edition of this game. They wanted to showcase, to all those that kept playing Modern Warfare (and thus may have skipped it), that they were capable of making a great PC game.

I went back to Modern Warfare yesterday to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or had some romantic memories of the old days. I started off with a server that had Hardcore Headquarters running, 16 people max, and connected to it with less than a 20ms ping. Yes guys, things like these exist even today.

Then I got into the game and was able to choose my team. I started to smile

The game itself made it pretty clear that I was able to hit what I saw, it felt very exact and spot-on. The eye-opener came when I brought up the scoreboard at the end of the match -> some guys had up to 130ms latency to this server, yet no one was lagging visible or had bad hit detection.

As World at War felt just the same, had better (far more detailled and larger) maps and a slightly slower setting (which I prefer) it easily stays my prefered CoD title so far. Black Ops was very nice also but already had far more issues with hit detection and lag compensation.

I still can't understand why they abandoned the old system as it was working so well (and still is).

So TRUE!!!!!!!

Will be installing COD 5 again, as I have in on Steam but I also have 2 other copies of the game just not played it for ages.

WaW is the best one they've ever made.

[pde]paulkersey

Can't believe I'm saying this, but as much as I hate the WWII era shooters, my wish is for there to be a CoD World At War II with a fixed (repaired) War mode, whoever made those maps should return for part 2, and real true dedicated servers without the hype and hope, but I know that's just a dream. I would love to see battle chatter amongst the soldiers return and War mode expanded as it is the single best gametype in all of CoD.