28 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 9:10 PM by ChestSplittah RSS

I refuse to give up!!!

BlackhawkbillOO7

I've played every COD multiplayer since Modern Warfare and I have to say that BO2 is by far the worst as it relates to connections. I know this is nothing new to the veteran posters but this seems to be the only place where WE the gamers can vent and share concerns. I absolutely love this game when the connections are good. I like the custom classes, the weapons, the score streaks, and the game modes.

I am very surprised that NONE of the leadership involved with the design, development, and production of this game has yet to acknowledge the elephant in the room (CONNECTION).

I am an optimist and really believe that they will correct this. I just wish that they would say something, anything, to give the diehards like myself some hope.

I'm no fanboy and will not praise this franchise for something that they, and they alone, are responsible for. I'm just saying that I'm not ready to give up...YET!!!

Thank you for your time.

• Re: I refuse to give up!!!
    BukLau101

I still enjoy Call of Duty however something has not been right since Blops1. I wish developers would do something about the cancer that is killing COD rather than let this franchise die a slow and painful death.

ghamorra

All these issues that may seem subtle just build and build until I just turn the game off for the day. I've been having some pretty decent games lately and out of know where today went like Hell. The first couple games I played I did good. One I even went 67 and 15, but as soon as that game was over I struggled to come out positive. It seemed everyone was God and me just an ant. How can you just ignore bipolar game play like that. The inconsistency is what drives me mad

ChestSplittah

I totally understand where you are coming from. This could be a good game. To me, if they would fine tune the matchmaking and connectivity programming. I've seen 2 new videos other than Oven Baked's. One show the "lag" while not even playing online, another was from someone who showed that the game doesn't even actually reward (per se) ADS. At times even when coming to a full stop and ADS, it will throw some bullets off target completely. Like you were still in hipfire mode.

deadimpact

Unfortunately one variable that the developers can't fully control is the connectivity differences between users. It's sometimes surprising to see on the forums the range of Internet service that people use, and over the years that gap seems to get bigger. In a game where the difference between life and death is decided in a split second, it seems like that would have some influence. Anyway, don't give up if you like the game!

ghamorra

Well said

BlackhawkbillOO7

The thing that still puzzles me about the connectivity is that I can load any other COD game and when I pull the trigger the enemy dies. This game with the same connection I'm lucky to get a hit marker. There is something fundamentally corrupt in this game.

ghamorra

It comes down to match making which varies every match

matchmaking is important but that is not the problem. The constant balancing of connections (lag compensating) is the problem. Ever notice how it lags for a moment when people back out and new people join? That is the game synchronising all the player's connections with the new players that joined. The game is constantly trying to work out who lags and compensate by adding artificial lag to those who do not lag. It is completely bullsh*t and only work in (romantic) theory.

I have gotten so p 1ssed that i have had BO2 in the box for the past week or two and when feeling like playing, I have played MW2 (which works on the traditional MP system that nearly all games use). I've had such a good time! This is bad, a game that is three years old is outshining its successors when it comes to the basic mechanics of connectivity...

All the whiny, skill-lacking masses finally got they're way but they didn't realise they would ruin the game in the process...

ghamorra

That's not what lag comp is in any shape way or form. All lag comp does is rewind game play to see how things would have happened had there been no lag. It literally compensates for time delay by the millisecond. It does not add artificial lag

Don't listen to YouTube videos, it's bad for your health

InstantOG

The only problem I have is that someone using a MSMC,PDW or any SMG in general with a good 4 bar will be so far out in front of everyone else they will do good just because of it.

You guys might feel it too, you kill people in a blink of the eye and you **** all over everyone you come face to face with. My only complaint.

CallOfDutyFan88

people with crap connections should not be allowed on the servers and chronic quitters should be penalized. when ppl rage quit the game goes to s*** for everybody else. i never quit and u shouldnt either.