1 2 3 4 Previous Next 70 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 9:24 PM by Izjar11 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 10. Re: Generation Y + X
    zvers

I'm no CoD god Izjar11!!!! I play for my own piece of mind! lol

Aren't in the UK? I'm in the states so the only issue would be the lag in a party or one on one. But hey, if they do fix it:

xXZvErSXx

• 11. Re: Generation Y + X
    Izjar11

haha ~ Cod God funny...

No i'm in eastern US ~ Florida specifically.

ill add you up, join a match and lets see who can "head glitch, camp, rush, target find, QS, claymore" the most! haha...

• 12. Re: Generation Y + X
    sstang1

"gives way to understanding" -  or the realization that the problems aren't going to change so they give up.  lol

• 13. Re: Generation Y + X
    rlbl

Generation Xer here (going to be 43 in a couple of months)

Although I am a huge Teddy Bear and never try to directly insult anyone (although yes, I can sometimes be a jerk) I have found that most of the people I get into debates with:

- usually start out confrontational (as they get insulted by my post count, as if it means anything)

- usually end up with them on my friend list

The biggest issue I am finding is (and yeah I am going to sound like my father *shudder*) : People without experience* walk around as if they know everything.  Such is life, and that attitude is echoed in the forums (as well as everywhere).  When you correct someone, they take it as a personal insult and try to challenge it. You do not have to believe everything that is told to you; but you should evaluate it against facts and not "what you think" or "what someone on youtube said".

Remember: Just because you decided to ignore the truth when it was shared with you, in no way means you were lied to

* notice I did not say Young, or Under-educated... as wisdom comes with experience, and not age or institution education levels.

Like you... I like to talk about what can make the game better; how one can gain new ranks faster, perk setups and gun attachments and the like.  I am finding the forums have become riddled with people complaining either about :

- nothing (well, nothing important)

- the same things that are already known

It is a shame, however, that the state of the game has gotten to the point where "everyone" is complaining about are things like: lag, matchmaking etc... leading people to try and circumvent the system by doing funky things to their home networks which can only add to the problem.... not to mention misunderstanding how things work to further confuse the community (as stated above how people think they know everything...)

... maybe people who are in the know should get a capture card and post youtube videos and do commentaries...

I think I babble too much

• 14. Re: Generation Y + X
    Izjar11

ghamorra wrote:

I've been saying for a while that this thread is being taken over by ignorant children who come here only knowing what YouTube tells them. Most of the time they complain about stuff they no nothing about. They're the generation Activision tries to cater too so when it comes to discussing balance and equality they want nothing of that. It's rough and I too have had some confrontations over meaningless BS

I can only hope these children get board and leave

I debate many of those posts (that are repetitive) becuase as you say, they might influence what happens next in the next series.

• 15. Re: Generation Y + X
    zvers

Sounds like a plan!

• 16. Re: Generation Y + X

this is how a forum should be! you go on any other forum about anything else and you dont get all these trollers hanging around!!!  I decided to visit these pages in the hope that i could learn something about the issues i was facing with the game, maybe pick up a few tips on how to improve my gameplay.  The majority of posts on here are as you said, not constructive in the slightest, its good to read a thread for a change which is opposite to the illiterate, expletive ridden trash that i normally end up having to read!!!! lol So for that i thank you! lol

• 17. Re: Generation Y + X
    zvers

"It is a shame, however, that the state of the game has gotten to the point where "everyone" is complaining about are things like: lag, matchmaking etc..."

I'm not saying this issue doesn't exist but it's almost like a fad! Just like calling people 'noobs' or 'campers'. It's seems like people do it for attention or the mere fact that it's a topic heavily discussed. I really don't care much for these fads either.

• 18. Re: Generation Y + X
    ghamorra

I try to post constructive threads but these children don't like them. They're logical and helpful, so it interests them in the least

• 19. Re: Generation Y + X
    Izjar11

Although I am a huge Teddy Bear and never try to directly insult anyone (although yes, I can sometimes be a jerk) I have found that most of the people I get into debates with:

- usually start out confrontational (as they get insulted by my post count, as if it means anything)

- usually end up with them on my friend list

that's what I say, because I've been posting longer and have a higher count means = little. I've been here longer that's all, I've been called a "troll, police, bunch of other things".

The biggest issue I am finding is (and yeah I am going to sound like my father *shudder*) : People without experience* walk around as if they know everything.  Such is life, and that attitude is echoed in the forums (as well as everywhere).  When you correct someone, they take it as a personal insult and try to challenge it. You do not have to believe everything that is told to you; but you should evaluate it against facts and not "what you think" or "what someone on youtube said".

Been there done that, and I remember when I was very young having that invincibility feeling and all the wrong decisions it leads to.

It is a shame, however, that the state of the game has gotten to the point where "everyone" is complaining about are things like: lag, matchmaking etc... leading people to try and circumvent the system by doing funky things to their home networks which can only add to the problem.... not to mention misunderstanding how things work to further confuse the community (as stated above how people think they know everything...)

it is a shame that these issues overwhelm our conversations, I blame the developers mostly for that.When I first started to post on here back in 2011 with BO I remember reading allot of the more technical posts and then googling the issue to understand them further.

This is another thing with me, if you have the means to purchase / use / play a PS3 come here and write things means that you (the user) is a educated (highschool level minimal) civilized person who should know that ignorance is not an excuse at your level of education. 

1 2 3 4 Previous Next