1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 70 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 9:24 PM by Izjar11 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 20. Re: Generation Y + X

fortunately at 34, i just about have the maturity to get along with logical and helpful info!! does that make me an X or a Y?????????? lol

• 21. Re: Generation Y + X
    gambit1969

True, but what annoys me at times is when people come here looking for help and say a more veteran member offers assistance only to get slapped down and bitched at for not having a life because they have X amount of posts.

I try and help people as much as i can here but when that help gets thrown back in your face i get pissed off a touch and my more lets say sarcastic side comes out..

• 22. Re: Generation Y + X
    gambit1969

When somebody starts getting obnoxious with me thats when i pull out the sarcastic pictures, a picture paints a thousand words as the the old saying goes

• 23. Re: Generation Y + X
    Izjar11

gambit1969 wrote:

True, but what annoys me at times is when people come here looking for help and say a more veteran member offers assistance only to get slapped down and bitched at for not having a life because they have X amount of posts.

I try and help people as much as i can here but when that help gets thrown back in your face i get pissed off a touch and my more lets say sarcastic side comes out..

This is 100% it annoys me as well.

• 24. Re: Generation Y + X
    Izjar11

Your meme's are classical.

• 25. Re: Generation Y + X
    gambit1969

Thanks.

I put a lot of thought into some of those.

43 years of being a sarcastic basterd helps......

• 26. Re: Generation Y + X
    bagsta69

At 43 and an old timer one thing I have found out about the written word is that it can be very missunderstood.

Be it a text message or on this forum there is no inflection in a voice to give the words a context which means some people will simply assume the worst.

I ve tried to help people with my experience going back to cod4 and the forums there all the way through to today and I have been given a load of verbal for trying to help. With some people black is white and nothing you say or write will change that. Hmmm, Im rambling now. Must be an age thing. lol

Cheers.

• 27. Re: Generation Y + X
    gambit1969

43 aint old, we are in our prime........

• 28. Re: Generation Y + X

Completely agree with what your saying regarding the arguments.  There are too many people on here who prefer trying to outwit an individual/post rather than just answering a simple question.  Some people think they're so intelligent by being articulate.  Plus too many people fail to realize one of the most basic rules of life - everybody has different experiences and everybody has an opinion based on these experiences.  Too many people just spend their time telling others they're wrong, without considering things from other peoples viewpoints.

• 29. Re: Generation Y + X
    iHuntU

I thought I was the only "old gamer" (I'm 44). I've been gaming my whole life (even before the internet) and before most of the COD players were even born! Yikes!

It's definitely a maturity problem. Even beyond this game, I've never understood why people pretend to know more than they really do. Why do that? Why not listen to someone who actually knows and has had experience and learn something. It's just immaturity. Good post!

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next