13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 5:10 PM by spanky'smonkey RSS

Engineer= superpowered xray vision

CowboySr

Ok so I like the idea of engineer, but with the black hats destrying every peice of equipment through walls and floors from great distances it makes me wonder... How in the world can we see equipment through the floors and walls? Does engineer turn you into superman? Is it not enough that you can walk through anything and delay it , or that its glowing flashing red and could not be missed?    Now dont get me wrong, I use engineer on every class, and I use the black hats, but this is a bit out of control.

A simple fix to this that would make sense to me is to make it so you could still delay, and it was still bright red, but only if it was in your line of sight. We shouldnt be able to see though walls anway. That way  people arent taking out scorestreaks like the guardian and sentry through floors before theyve even fired or seen anyone. Im not suggesting that person couldnt still take it out through the floor, but we should have to see it with our normal human being eyes dont you think? 

• Re: Engineer= superpowered xray vision
    nicedrewishfela

Blasphemy!

Stone the infidel!

Engineer is perfect.

Move along people.. nothing to see here.

CowboySr

LOL, whats funny is that I use it on every class, but something so simple like engineer and a black hat shouldnt be in the basement of the boat and be able to see much less take out a guardian two floors above him.  It just seems like it would make guardians and sentrys  worth a bit more, and things like the shock charges that you cant run thru.

nicedrewishfela

Seriously though, as much fun as the Black Hats are... have you considered using EMP grenades?

I am  BH convert, EMP grenades garner me so many points.

I like Engineer and use it on every class, its the ultimate teamwork tool, and great for grenade tossers. Helps you find those pesky campers

It would definitely be a game changer... I like this idea.

banned-again

its great the way it is to be honest ive been using it and sitrep since mw2 helps to find out where boosters and campers are hiding

CowboySr

yeah but you know where they are anyway, its in the same places on all of the maps, and you would still see the stuff in flashing red, just not until you could see them....and it goes both ways too. If you do hack someones stuff, they cant see you did it unless its in their line of sight. That would be funny.

I don't see the problem here, not everyone uses it and considering how overused bettys and shock charges are its a lifesaver and to be honest the delay really doesn't do too much as it did with stalker on mw3.

CowboySr

what, you walk right past them with engineer, you can take one knee and take no damage. since the patch I use betts like a radar to know where people are, and dont expect them to kill anymore.

The problem here is that we are humans that can see through multiple flloors. its beyond unrealistic and makes well earned scorestreaks in the game completely useless.

nicedrewishfela

I think the idea is that you use a tool to pick up the electronic signatures/explosive signatures (whatever, SCIENCE!) to detect the devices. I don't think we are actually superman. Personally, I think its fine. Its a counter to those items which used to be way too dominant.

trialstardragon

No, because it has always been this way in past games too. In any of the past CoD's you could see the placement of things through the walls if you were using the perk that alerted you to where they are at.

Plus who needs a BH to take them out, just toss a emp in the room, takes them out through the floor, through the wall even if not tossed in the same room as them.

Stop relying too much on those two streaks to get you kills and you will not really care about the BH or emp anymore.

MunkMunkEdwards

I don't know if you have used the items you listed because I run black hats and engineer and I'm not able for great distances to use it to hack your stuff. the fact is engineer helps me see your equipment and know your in the room your in camping.i hack your shock charge and run past your Betty and kill you. stop hiding behind equipment and excuses. change your strategy and stop blaming equipment you don't like to use yourself

spanky'smonkey

nothing wrong with a Sniper or Light Machine Gunner hiding behind equipment. its all part of the game and to be honest it does help to spice things up. this game would be boring as hell if everyone ran around 24/7. I like hunting down "campers" and find it challenging with you find a well skilled "camper". Tryarch did well with this game.

Bielsalmighty

No. It would make no difference, you could still sweep your view around and find stuff cross-map anyway.

Like others have said, its a great counter to the more stationary tactics, considering the tidal wave of moaning about camping, I think any idea which helps make camping easier will go down like a lead balloon.

Thats not to say I think everyone should mindlessly run around like a headless chicken, no matter how well they'd feed my R870

EDIT: more to the point, it just occurred to me that the overwhelming majority of campers give their positions away with Shock Charges; these things are loud enough that you can pinpoint which entrances they are covering, so you can tell if there is an undefended entrance. Who needs engineer when campers provide you with the aural equivalent