31 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2013 8:48 AM by obzi RSS

Are you mad?

dweez1988

Why do random people send me messages with "Are you mad or Are you mad bro?"

Today I got another one in wich I respond: No why would I be? I just rocked a positive score with my 5-7 only class.

Respond: I don't believe you.

Why do people messege me such questions?

I'm having a great time playing and I have the top score on my team (TDM) with only a pistol.

Stop spamming and trolling players please

• Re: Are you mad?
    Reburst

It's generally because they're either mad themselves or want a reaction because they're bored. I'd just reply with the answer "Yes, I'm mad." and leave it at that.

spanky'smonkey

Yes, I am mad. The spawns suck, lag comp sucks, the game chooses the worst hosts and we are ignored by the devs on these issues. Hell yes I'm mad bro!

BTW good going with the 57. I can't kill with that thing to save my soul. I'm usually on the wrong end of lag and have to play accordingly and during those times the pistols shoot hot air as far as my player is concerned. It's funny how I'm always getting killed by the same players with them though, lol.

dweez1988

It tottaly hit me today to get it gold and after 2 or 3 matches I did great using the 5-7.

It is now my fav. pistol, I always used the B23R and since almost every player has it now I wanted to go with a different pistol and choose the 5-7. It's a great pistol! I now use it with a silencer and my (gold! woohoo ) tactical knife.

Can't wait to see how it performs dual wielded. If that gives me more headshot easy than I will wait with prestiging the 5-7 till I have the 100 headshots.

djtn

Because a troll knows no boundries...

spanky'smonkey

they are everywhere. At work, on the interwebs, on your gaming console, on the streets.....trolls were never mythical creatures. they have always be the worst part on mankind.

cmjrobinson

lol to be posting this...u must be mad bro.

Rednecksniper39

Typically when people send you that it is because you have done either 1 of 2 things. You have either:

A) Complained about something all game

B) You rage quit after you ran your mouth about how good you were

dweez1988

I did not do either A or B.

I just played and we lost but I did great. Went positive so no complaints there.

The only thing I might say is the occasional F* ck but I am in a party so they cannot hear me right?

other than that I was laughing all the time because I was in party with my brother and we always have the funniest topics to talk about.

starbuckfrack

dweez1988 wrote:

I did not do either A or B.

I just played and we lost but I did great. Went positive so no complaints there.

The only thing I might say is the occasional F* ck but I am in a party so they cannot hear me right?

other than that I was laughing all the time because I was in party with my brother and we always have the funniest topics to talk about.

Funny How I dont get that many messages. Like about 1 a month.

You have to be doing something to piss them off.

BTW you have to be saying something for someone to ask you "You mad bro" because how else would they know you were mad ?

Starbuckfrack, I have to disagree with you. I'm a generally good player, though I don't play a lot. By generally good, I mean a positive K/D nearly every match. I never use a microphone, never. However, I could possibly start my own Youtube channel called "Hatemail 101" by all the messages I get from people I've never even spoken to.

A) I don't camp unless I am using a sniper. I pick a couple of people off, run to a new spot (gotta stay hidden!).
          B) No SMG's, no target finder, no rapid fire/select fire, etc.

C) I play the objective.

And I still seem to somehow always be shown as "being mad" by my "bro".

dweez1988

I have no idea

I only wear a mic when in party.

deamonomic

i tend to respond by going "Raaaaaawr i iz sooo terribly enraged! rar! 0.0' did you see the blood lust in that last one!?!"

i normally dont get "you mad bro" i get the other "insults" (if you can still call them that... they have been done to death and beyond.) ya know, you have 0 life, all you do if play this game blaw blaw blee (and yet... you have more time played o.0'.... awkward...)

I just reply with "Yes, I am always mad.  Being calm is for *******."

nuttin2say

Yer damm right I'm mad, bra!!!

Hella mad, brah!

cdogmx

Haven't had that yet. One guy messaged me "HAHAHAHAHA" I replied "What?" and then he replied normally, "That was a great battle!". I'm assuming he wanted to get me goin and when he didn't became a normal person.

Adam1234567893

I say don't accuse me of being mad in an angry voice when they ask that they get so scared lol

Haha that sucks. Believe it or not, you can't even compliment some people on this game. I messaged a guy and said, "nicely done going 32-8. What were you using?" And he replies, "Ur mom. N nicely done going 25-3 ya ****faced cheater." After reading that message, I no longer compliment people. That's ridiculous. Even after he has such a good match, he was still upset about something. Idk what but whatever. So forget about it. Let the babies cry and try to make you look stupid. Believe it or not, ignoring them will go a long way for avoiding them. You could always block their communications too. Let them troll on you while you roll over them. Lol

dweez1988

That might be the saddest person ever.

This sounds familiar though. I once send a compliment to a QS saying. Good game you have great skilss in wich he replied. F* ck of NOOB you suck with bla blah blah.

It was pretty sad.

nuttin2say

Meh, when I get accused of cheating, I tell them I damm sure am cheating. Heck yeah, man I'm a fricking cheatin' sumofabee! Lag switches, aim bots, modded controllers, wall hacks - you name it. I do it all.

And then I say, "ya mad brah?"

starbuckfrack

Why do you reply ?

highlandsparky

I rarely get messages, usually only the spam ones "come join our beast clan".

The last offensive one I got I was told this guy said he was from a family of gypsies, they were going to find where I lived and sort me out....I have no clue, what this was about.?

I'm still waiting though......they must have got lost.

I usually just block...You can also change settings so you only receive messages from friends.

adw1983

I'm not mad.

I'M FURIOUS!

This is a internet meme, they try to get on your nerves, thats all.

sixthsamurai

I may have some explanation as to why some players get more hate than others.

I myself used to get hate mail almost hourly when playing and it wasn't like I was all that good back then. I got a heap load of bad rep too and was at a loss as to why because it wasn't because I played in any of the really annoying ways players often do (camping etc).

Then one day while in a totally random lobby for the first time with a mic on (I had just left a party and still had it on) a player mentioned my gamertag. It suddenly hit me that my gamertag was inflaming people toward me because it had a slight air of superiority about it.

800 MS points later and my bad rep became pretty much stable and the only mail I get is when I go extremely positive in a game (I have since improved somewhat) or when I quit due to lag and someone notices which is rare (the people noticing, not the quitting).

I still get those bored messengers speculating at my sexual preferences or trying to get some kind of vengeful message back in order to start a pointless to and fro of hateful appendage measuring. But it happens far less than it used to. I guess now I blend in?

obzi

I made a lot of people mad earlier today,  that makes me happy.