29 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 10:07 AM by Andrew_25 RSS

Reverse Boosting

Sora_v21

Ok a recent thread brought to my attention of a youtuber that reverse boosts to get better gameplays to post. For some reason people think that reverse boosting is a problem and personally I don't see why. If someone goes into a game and repeatedly kills themselves who cares? Sure some people could complain that he/she is not helping the team to win but if you don't want things like this to happen shouldn't you be responsible and get a full party of your friends?

I just don't see what the big deal is if they want to reverse boost go ahead.

• Re: Reverse Boosting

Sora_v21 wrote:

shouldn't you be responsible and get a full party of your friends?

No.

Sora_v21

SanAndreasPsycho wrote:

Sora_v21 wrote:

shouldn't you be responsible and get a full party of your friends?

No.

Why not?

Because we don't all know several dependable people who play COD at all hours of the day.

Sora_v21

Well then you can't complain it's not other people fault you can't find people to play with you;Play FFA

First off, I do have several people that I play with, I was just making a point that no one should be obligated to find friends to play with. Second, I do play FFA a lot so stop making dumb assumptions about people who you know nothing about. Third, if someone is just killing themselves, they are pretty much just wasting space and leaving five other people outnumbered. To tell everyone that they need a full party or it's their fault when some other player ruins their team is horribly illogical. It's not 5 other players fault when one person choses to be a retard.

Sora_v21

Sure no one should be obligated but then under no circumstances should they complain about how other people play or do with their time on the game it's not there decision.

I was pointing out if you can't find people then play FFA that way you don't have teamates I wasn't assuming anything I was just pointing something out bluntly.

As for your third, if they are playing with a full party of 5 and the other person is killing themselves it really shouldn't be a huge factor in a 6v6 game mode unless those 5 people are not at all good/messing around or playing vs a full party of good players. If they had wanted they could get another person or even a random with a mic...so yes it is their fault.

Ungrateful_Dead

Why don't the reverse booster losers just play FFA, where they don't screw with anybody else's game?

Jollyjugs77

first off, you are the dumbest person i know when it comes to gaming...

why is this you ask?

well first off you are trying to force others to play a certain way for people who abuse the system.  how are they abusing the system you ask? Well they are lowering thier stats on purpose to play with people that are bad or less skilled at the game, just so they can do better for youtube showings, which is not the main problem they are abusing the system they implemented for fair lobbies by reverse boosting their stats.

why should i or anyone else be forced to play with people because someone wants to make youtube videos, why do you know say if you want good youtube videos, get better? you do not say this because you and all the others that do this are not good enough to play against us better skilled players that do not need to abuse the system to get good games.

lastly, why should anyone have to play a certain game mode because as stated above people want to abuse the system.

on a side note - these people do not bother me because they do not effect my game play, i look at it as more kills for me, and for boosters in general it makes the match a little more interesting when you get to farm some boosters for a match or until they leave, personally i think me ruining their boosting attempts is more annoying then them actually boosting in my lobby.  Also i have only seen about 3 boosters of any sort in my 7 days of online playing time, so this does not seem like it is a huge problem, unless they do not play dom, ctf, or HP a lot.

Sora_v21

Jollyjugs77 wrote:

first off, you are the dumbest person i know when it comes to gaming...

why is this you ask?

well first off you are trying to force others to play a certain way for people who abuse the system.  how are they abusing the system you ask? Well they are lowering thier stats on purpose to play with people that are bad or less skilled at the game, just so they can do better for youtube showings, which is not the main problem they are abusing the system they implemented for fair lobbies by reverse boosting their stats.

I am forcing other people to play a different way? I don't think so people will play how they want it's their time/game so they can do what they want. Abusing? Skill based matchmaking shouldn't have been implemented in the first place it should be region based but that's another argument.

why should i or anyone else be forced to play with people because someone wants to make youtube videos, why do you know say if you want good youtube videos, get better? you do not say this because you and all the others that do this are not good enough to play against us better skilled players that do not need to abuse the system to get good games.

You are not forced to do ANYTHING! Is someone at your house holding a gun to your head making you play with these people? I also never said that I did this and I would say I'm "skilled" player.

lastly, why should anyone have to play a certain game mode because as stated above people want to abuse the system.

They don't have to but, they shouldn't complain about how the other people play the game then.

on a side note - these people do not bother me because they do not effect my game play, i look at it as more kills for me, and for boosters in general it makes the match a little more interesting when you get to farm some boosters for a match or until they leave, personally i think me ruining their boosting attempts is more annoying then them actually boosting in my lobby.  Also i have only seen about 3 boosters of any sort in my 7 days of online playing time, so this does not seem like it is a huge problem, unless they do not play dom, ctf, or HP a lot.

Are this is not even the boosting I am talking about, Reverse boosting is just repeatedly killing yourself ie C4ing yourself.  So you can't really "farm" them.

starbuckfrack

Report them and move on. Get over it. There are cheaters everywhere. At least they and Microsoft are doing something about it.

This post is like someone crying because there is crime in the world. I mean you say its OK if they want to reverse boost but meanwhile you make a post about it.

gallp13

Ummmm. Who cares?

Sora_v21

You must not have understood my post I don't care at all I was just wondering why everyone else makes a big deal about it if other people repeatedly kill themselves when they can take precations of having that person on their team.

If I'm playing on a team and I loose by 5 kills due to 1 player getting 20 deaths because he was constantly killing himself, then the loss is due to that player, for you to suggest that lone players should play FFA r find a full team to play with is absurd. It's the idiotic "reverse booster" who should play FFA or get a full team if friends to play with, that's if he has enough friends who will put up with him getting losses for the team and him being a d*ck! You see a player doing this on a team is handicapping his team, it's pathetic and its against TOC, players who do this should get banned. This game does not need people like this, either play fair and proper or don't play at all!

Your suggestions, your logic, your arrogance, stupidity and attitude is astounding. Either that or your just a plain Troll. Which is it?

Sora_v21

If your playing on a team with a reverse booster who is just killing themselves repeatedly they are a non-factor; they are killing themselves he is not just tac inserting and letting the enemies kill him he is c4ing himself as soon as he spawns. To point the blame of loss on 1 player because he didn't play is being illogical,arrogant and just plain stupid how do you know that this person in question is any good? Maybe if he kills himself he is allowing better players like you to get more kills therefore not "handicapping his team." 

And I looked at the TOC were does it say you can not go into a game and repeatedly kill yourself? Play fair and proper or don't play at all? Your probably one of those people who don't like to be "spawn trapped" at a flag in domination you would rather each time someone killed you to count to 20 to give you time to run, don't talk about things you don't understand.

Lmao, you really are a dumb f**k! I won't waste my time speaking to somebody with the mental age of 2. Anybody with a normal process of thought can see your a retard. Your reply beggars belief, you made my day and cheered me up no end!

Whatever your trying to achieve with this thread, good luck!

Sora_v21

All I am saying is let people play the game how they want to play it not how everyone else things they should. You don't see my telling you to tell you how to play the game? And using vulgar language and I am the two year old? Please refrain calling people over the internet because you think it makes you a big person;ignorant people like you make me laugh.

Also I still didn't see in the TOC where it says killing yourself repeatedly results in a ban? Or are you just making that up?

Lol I've been saying this all the time about these so called YouTube  pros. They rage quit games more than anyone if they cant get a noob lobby to beat up on soon as someone hands them there ass poof! ____  Has left the game.  They do nothing but kill whore in objective gamemodes never once touching a objective why don't they post up TDM gameplays? Because its easier to kill ppl focused on objective. So now that they get skill based match against players of there skill level there trash. So the rather c4 themselves 100 plus times a game then play with ppl at there skill level so they can beat noobs and pound there chest at how good they are...

lPikachu

They are doing it so they can get "sick" game plays vs really bad people. How is that not abusing the system?

A youtuber called Drift0r (with a zero) made a video about rage quitting during the MW3 days. He's pretty cool about things and said the bad games make the good ones even better. He's the only one I really watch. He talks about other things whether it be stats on weapons or score/kill streaks, life lessons, or other interesting topics. Check him out.