17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 2:11 PM by DiRTYZs RSS

Why Core only challenges?

undzis

Please stop with all the stupid core challenges.  HC makes up for 3rd of the population. Isn't it time for CoD starts acting like it?  MW3 didn't have hc/core specific challenges.  so why start?  HC community suffers enough with all the limits this game has set on us in compared to previous CoDs.  I normally am a huge fan of the CoD series in general.  That being said. I'm getting really tired of supporting a game that doesn't listen to the community.  Sorry but youtubers and kids with no patience don't make up the community.  I getting sick of being forced to play certain ways. catering to sum but not all.  Most the time its the minority.  Its getting ridiculous.   There is no reason at all to have core/hc specific challenges.  Please stop hurting the HC community and get your head out of your arses.

• Re: Why Core only challenges?
    tracy

If you had done a search on this forum you would have found multiple posts complaining of the same issue, with many having the same answer, hardcore does count for challenges and ops, the only one that you can't do in HC is domination as that is not on the playlist

undzis

What are you talking about?  No they don't.  All clan ops have and been core and HC specific.  It was like it in MW3 and is like it in BO2.  As far as clan challenges go.  HC and core didn't matter in mw3.  In BO2 it does matter.  Idk how you think other wise.  Especially when the titles of all the challenges start with the word "CORE".  Meaning you have to be in core for it to count. much like the way the clan ops have always been ran.  Idk where you get your info or if you ever even done a clan challenge or clan ops but you might want to dbl check your source again.

tracy

Considering I complete most challenges and ops by playing hardcore and can visually see results counting I don't think I need to double check my source and many other members of this forum could probably verify this as well

its more like 20-25% and they cant make everyone happy. but above all its about the money, more people play core so they are getting more money from them then the hardcore players.

and its not really that hard to get used to core. i used to play nothing but hardcore in cod 4, waw, and mw2. then i got into a clan and they played core so i started to play it as well and now i play about 90% core modes and i am right up there with the best of them, not really but i can hold my own and maintain almost a 2 kd. core is easier then you think because the skil of the player really takes over more. you can have a crappy player in core who will sit in a corner with an lmg and spray at you and only hit you with 2 bullets before you kill him. stick the same player in hardcore and he only has to hit you once which he can do because thats all he can do.

undzis

O i don't play HC because i think Core isn't easy. quite the opposite. I find that HC takes more skill to be good. You need to have better surrounding awareness. faster reflexes and you cant run and hide till you regen if your hit. Also no perma red dots on a map to chase and play pacman with.

But you are wrong about HC only being 20-25%.  Go check out the HC and Core playlist some time.  Vast majority of the time HC sits at about 1/3 of the population, some times more sometimes less but on avg about 1/3.  This doesn't take into consideration all the HC players that have moved to Core so they can play nuketown or one of their fav game modes.  Since there are 20 core game modes and only 4 HC game modes. A lot of HC players have moved to play other things.  Nuketown being a big one.  It was promised to all of us but not all of us have the option to play it.  Much like league.  It was a huge selling point.  But its all meaningless to a HC players.  Sure we could go play core but most HC players want to no part of core and makes all core things meaningless as a viable choice selection.

im on the play lists right now.

170,207 total in the playlists

core= 109,747

hardcore= 37,452

if you do the math on that its less then 25% so yea i would say thats less then 1/3 of the population at this moment and its pretty much the same all the time.

undzis

like i said sometimes more, some times less but on avg its 3rd. i think even a dev had acknowledge that last year.  Stilll doesn't take into consideration of the HC players playing core just so they can play Dom, nuketown, multi tdm or any other of the 16 core game modes that HC doesn't have.  HC players numbers are skewed greatly because of how much of a disparity there is between core and HC game options.  Which in preview CoDs it wasn't no where near what it is now.  Either way though that's 37k between 4 playlist.  Thats nothing to shake a stick at or pretend they aren't there.

But either way.  Still no reason for Clan challenges to be tied to hc or core though. With Core challenges every weekday and core clan ops on weekend, combined with the lack of HC game modes.  Its almost as if the devs want to push out HC players all together. Simply make Challenges like they were inthe beginning and middle of MW3.  The clan challenges were find at first. They didn't start to go down hill till the end of mw3 and all of BO2.  When they  started to to hc/core specific game modes.

core tdm has more players in it then all the hardcore modes put together. so yea core is going to get more stuff its plain and simple and its always been that way. and cod has always sold, and will continue to seel amazingly. so if you really want to make a point then stop buying the games or playing for that matter. they are not going to cater to a few. theres and old sayin "the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few". im not saying this is exactly how it is but i think you should feel lucky you even get hardcore modes with all this stuff with league play and trying to cater to mlg ans stuff like that. so be thankfully you can still play hardcore.

myevo8you

Check your math. That is 34%. 37,452 / 109,747 = .341%

CowboySr

Well 3arch has no interest in elite, or theyre scared of the backlash IW got for it being such a mess.  Just think about it, with as many problems as IW had getting beachhead to get their heads out of their ass, they still were able to do things that made elite somewhat interesting. They had icons you could earn as a team, they had clan titles you could rank up and earn as a team, your team could earn hours of double xp every 10 levels or so and it was and ever increasing amount of hours. When there were problems in the beginning for IW they issued permanent unlock tokens as compensation to the customers, hell I even got an email from them stating heres a free token for Xmas! 

3arch has done none of this, they have shown that they really wanted no part of elite in the first place, so I would expect you wont see anything but what you are seeing now, and since we didnt pay for it this time around, that gives them the right to say who cares, you werent charged so you cant complain.

TH3_IT

undzis wrote:

Please stop with all the stupid core challenges.  HC makes up for 3rd of the population. Isn't it time for CoD starts acting like it?  MW3 didn't have hc/core specific challenges.  so why start?  HC community suffers enough with all the limits this game has set on us in compared to previous CoDs.  I normally am a huge fan of the CoD series in general.  That being said. I'm getting really tired of supporting a game that doesn't listen to the community.  Sorry but youtubers and kids with no patience don't make up the community.  I getting sick of being forced to play certain ways. catering to sum but not all.  Most the time its the minority.  Its getting ridiculous.   There is no reason at all to have core/hc specific challenges.  Please stop hurting the HC community and get your head out of your arses.

Your post is filled with inconsistent mumbo jumbo.  Please refer me to where you got the statistics that HC makes up a 3rd of the population...and 3rd of the population of what?  Why are you comparing this to MW3? and then asking why start? 

youtubers and kids dont make up the community?  laughable

If they are catering to the "minority most of the time"...then if the HC players truly represented a 3rd of what ever population you're referencing...dont you think...you wouldnt be here complaining about not being represented?  seeing as 1/3 is minority.

undzis

Ok, first just look at the numbers that play online. its roughly about 1/3.  ATM online its less but its early in the day.  Secondly this doesn't even consider the amount of HC players playing Core do to the lack of playlist or lack of league and nuketown.  So the numbers are skewed in BO2.  Look at mw3 and BO. HC had much larger selections of game modes and the number of HC players was much larger.  Ppl weren't so limited as they are now.  Thirdly. ill try to find the post but a dev even acknowledge that hc makes up about 1/3 of the games population.  That's why 2 out of 3 clan ops was core but 1 out of 3 was HC.  It was a thread about HC wanting more clan ops and a dev had given that as a reason why things are the way they are.

I'm sorry but you may need help with your reading and comprehension skills.  No offense.  its mumbo jumbo because you don't understand what your reading. Please don't confuse your inability to understand what is written.  with somebody else's ability to explain.  The only comparing of mw3 was in ref to clan challenges. More specifically in ref to HC/core specific clan challenges.  In mw3 it didn't matter if it was a core or hc game mode that you did the challenge in.  That worked good for both HC and core players.  Both sides were happy so why change that and start making things core and HC specific.  Then offer no HC clan challenges. This to me is foolish and only further hurts your consumer base.

How is it laughable that kids and youtubers don't make up the majority of players?  First Kids are, but should even be on this game because of the mature ratings and inability to actually buy something themselves. So they really cant be counted. besides there are far few of them then there are ppl 18+ so they again cant be considered the majority.  Same as youtubers.  How many youtubers are there in compared to the amount of ppl that actually play the game?  1 in 20? 1 in 50?  1 in 100?  Youtubers hardly compare to the vast number of ppl that play the game and give sticks about somebody's montage.  To think other wise would be sad but laughable.

Lastly to your last statement.  We aren't the minority. that's the problems.  Sure there are more core players but when you look at all the different groups.  we are far from minority.  check out league playlist. far fewer of them then us.  Check out party games. again, far fewer of them. youtubers,  far less ppl posting stupid montages then there are ppl that actually play the game.  Being as you have to be 17+ to buy the game. There are far more adults then children. not to mention just going from lobby to lobby and get a count.  way more adults then children.  So HC players aren't the minority. We just aren't the majority either.

I for one completely agree and have even twetted to the developers about this.  I dont see why we have to be forced into playing core game modes in order to do a clan op!!! 

Playing HC vs Core is night and day...

Core= people running around like chicken with there heads cut off and is basically a free for all

HC= slower paced game play and strategic movement around the map.

Honestly, I can see why people complain so much about this game if all they play is core..the whole lag this and that, aim bots, quick scopers, drop shotters..etc...

but hey thats how some like to play so to each their own, but it hurts no one to allow clans to compete in clan ops playing either core or HC.. just saying

SitRepPro

SonnyDeez9715 wrote:

I for one completely agree and have even twetted to the developers about this.  I dont see why we have to be forced into playing core game modes in order to do a clan op!!! 

Playing HC vs Core is night and day...

Core= people running around like chicken with there heads cut off and is basically a free for all

HC= slower paced game play and strategic movement around the map where free fire rockets are primary weapons.

Honestly, I can see why people complain so much about this game if all they play is core..the whole lag this and that, aim bots, quick scopers, drop shotters..etc...

but hey thats how some like to play so to each their own, but it hurts no one to allow clans to compete in clan ops playing either core or HC.. just saying

I agree.

undzis

i completely agree with you. I just want to add in the same goes for clan challenges. in fact clan challenges used to be either or.  why change it? How does this help the community or the franchise?  Why not make it either or. Wouldn't this cater to everybody.  This might actually be the few exceptions where you could please everybody if it was either or.

whiteknight1902

Hard core is more is more strategic. ........lol

I play both and it takes far more ability to be good at core than it does for hardcore. Hardcore is full of campers and people who can't aim (1 1/4 have alot of weapons with accuracy under 7%).

Hardcore is also full of whiney little ******* who cant take getting beat, anyone who gives a load of campers a good hiding is automatically a hacker/modder/glitcher.

Also the main dev on this game stated that hc accounts for under 10% of the player base. You count core and hc playlists but you forgot combat training, chaos mode and party modes.

You need to understand that this game is made with core in mind,  hardcore is a varient of those rules and that this is a arcade run and gun game not a realistic shooter