11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 5:28 PM by ehess001 RSS

Weapon prestige ?

ehess001

Do you guys prestige weapons? Is there a reason to do so? I didn't even know this existed until someone mentioned it the other night! Lol

Thoughts anyone?

• Re: Weapon prestige ?
    Izjar11

Thoughts? Its leveling up your weapon, you get camos, what else is there to mention.

phxs72

I've prestiged all of my weapons and have several of them on their second prestige.  With the first prestige you get to put your clan tag on the weapon.  With the second prestige you get to put your emblem on the weapon.  If you max level the weapon at 2nd prestige you also get a mastery playercard for that weapon which looks nice.  The only other advantage to prestiging weapons is that you get to re-earn weapon xp as you level it up again which can come in handy if you intend to keep prestiging.

Im_A_Drag85

exactly!  the XP is more the reason i do it, because if you really like using a certain weapon it helps earning those 250, 500, and 1000...etc XP all over again; and most of the time i can usually prestige my most used weapon really fast.

BanHaMMer

phxs72 wrote:

I've prestiged all of my weapons and have several of them on their second prestige.  With the first prestige you get to put your clan tag on the weapon.  With the second prestige you get to put your emblem on the weapon.  If you max level the weapon at 2nd prestige you also get a mastery playercard for that weapon which looks nice.  The only other advantage to prestiging weapons is that you get to re-earn weapon xp as you level it up again which can come in handy if you intend to keep prestiging.

Agreed

ots_dj3nvy

The best reason right here! Lol.... I personally prestiged all my Assaults and SMGs, and got to prestige 8 pretty fast but now, it's taking forever to rank up, since I maxed out all my weapons.

cynicaldriver

Start sniping... There's also shotguns and secondaries.

To the OP: Yes, prestige on weapons resets your attachments, but you also get to collect that xp for unlocking them again. I just wish it was 3 prestiges instead of 2, but I am probably in the minority on that one. You should also aim to get the "Camo Challenges" done. The camos won't reset when you prestige, but they can give a lot of xp for leveling your character. So, even if you don't plan on getting Diamond, you should plan on doing the challenges on the weapons you like anyway... Unless you don't plan on prestiging your character.

There's no REAL point in doing it if you aren't going to put the xp to work in some way.

capnkillem1986

it gives u alot of points when u master the weapon so its a easy way to level up quick and the gun only goes to prestige 2

ehess001

Thanks for all of the input. I hadn't thought of earning all of the XP as the attachments are unlocked again. I appreciate the info, thanks!