1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 82 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 11:42 AM by Photoman23 Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Why I am not complaining...

You way they could get away with getting rid of MW2. Getting rid of CoD4 would be a disgrace

• 41. Re: Why I am not complaining...
    starbuckfrack

Grew up with the 2600. Then got Coleco Vision but was too young to afford my own TV that worked

Started programming on the TRS-80 for some of you old fogies to remember.

• 42. Re: Why I am not complaining...
    iivrruummii

You would still be able to play them online just not on Activision's servers.

• 43. Re: Why I am not complaining...
    cranium2001

I remember playing a game on that with a yeti. You had to climb a mountain. Radio Shacks finest.

• 44. Re: Why I am not complaining...

Halo vs CoD? We're comparing apples and oranges.  I would say there are more people buy Halo games for the campaign than people who buy CoD for the campaign.  The Halo is series is a completely different series from CoD. 

Comparing reasons people buy Halo versus reasons people buy CoD...absurd.

• 45. Re: Why I am not complaining...

Not really sure what you are alluding to.

I was disputing the claim that the campaign is the reason this franchise exists and that the multiplayer was a much larger focus area than the campaign. I understand that the multiplayer is technically an "add-on", I get it.  What I don't get is how some can be so niave to think people don't buy this game exclusively for the multiplayer and whats even more wierd is they are written off because they have issues with the "free add on".

• 46. Re: Why I am not complaining...
    Rednecksniper39

SP 671 wrote:

Not really sure what you are alluding to.

What I don't get is how some can be so niave to think people don't buy this game exclusively for the multiplayer

Find me where one of us said this.

• 47. Re: Why I am not complaining...
    iivrruummii

If they didn't make a campaign, then the series wouldn't continue.  This game isn't like Battlefield where Multiplayer is the main reason why the game was made.

BO2 is a sequal to BO, and that game was a sequal to WAW, because of the story.

BTW I wasn't comparing, just supporting my arguement.  Just because a new game comes out and it had multiplayer doesn't make it a "Multiplayer Game."  Most companies just put multiplayer in games just to sell them to a specific audience.  The multiplayer audience may be bigger than campaign's but what has more time and money into it, is the campaign. 

• 48. Re: Why I am not complaining...

2,263 posts since

Sep 23, 2011

iivrruummii     Jan 16, 2013 8:15 PM (in response to Rize_BHo)

It is still a minor part of the game.  Campaign is the real reason why a COD game comes out every year.

Report Abuse Like (0) Reply

Sorry if this gets qouted wierd, on my phone and haven't quite figured out how to qoute.

This is what I am disagreeing with regarding campaign and multiplayer and why people buy CoD.

The other thing I am disagreeing with is people being written off because they are having issues with multiplayer, which apparently isn't the reason CoD games are made.  I get that 3Arch has no obligation to tweak the multiplayer and I understand the fine print but to say to insinuate that having an expectation of some measure of service for multiplayer is wrong, is asinine. 

Activision made alot of money off of this franchise and I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of the awesome campaign.

• 49. Re: Why I am not complaining...
    Rednecksniper39

Again he is not saying that people don't buy the game for multiplayer. He said the reason why the game was made was for single player. You wouldn't have Black Ops 2 without the continuation of the story from Black Ops 1.

The issue with the kind o fissues that you talking about (I'm assuming lag related) Is that they are so wide spread and so few that they can't just put out a quick fix because it could hurt more people then it could help.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next