24 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 4:42 PM by DrunkenDairyCow RSS

This game is NOT a joke!

TMBI

300,000 to 600,000 people playing BO2 on PS3 every day can´t fail too much!

They ain´t masochists nor they are fools!

Sure, BO2 still has some serious bugs - and several cheats are run by some f***ing ***holes, but:

If you start to get used to the game - and when you discover how to handle it, this game can be great fun!

Sure, sometimes you´ll get mad because the lag-compensation sucks - almost when the host isn´t the best;

sometimes you´ll ask yourself "WTF?" because everyone has 4 connection-bars in the lobby, but it´s you who can´t kill anyone

because you´re obviously always "too late" (PING-Time!!!) for no reason...

Most of the time, if you set your PS3 on NAT-Open (best made with "DMZ" on your Router/Modem or even direct-connection), you´ll have no serious problems to play nice!

If this game would be that bad, I would not have a positive K/D in DOM as a "Run´n Gun" Player. I am 40 years old - so my reaction-times and my finger-maneuverability might be less good than that of all the kids in the game who grew up with joypads... ;o)

There´s no excuse to cry all the time: "This game is a joke" until you can show one other really comparable game (graphics, map-objects, details, etc.) that works better!

There´s been "M.A.G." one or two years ago - with possible 256 players online in only one match-lobby!

I did not buy it or even play it - it did not seem to be "great" at all...

There´s been "MW3" last - and, if you go back to that forum you´ll discover the same "Lag","Crap", "Complaint" Threads as you find here!

In fact you only have one choice: Get used to BO2 - or leave it!

I presume: Playing it with an open mind will open your eyes and you´ll have fun with it!

Take it easy!

• Re: This game is NOT a joke!
    rlbl

I cannot argue with your post in principal... however for most of the vtes who played MW2 and previous games... there is no excuse for the WTF!? moments that happened since BO1.

I like BO2 (for me in the greatest COD in principal)... but sometimes I have no desire to play it because I know I can have:

- open NAT

- PS3 wired or wireless

- Nothing causing additional loss on my end (e.g. nothing else running in the house)

- Search option set to best

..and still have a less than enjoyable experience because I am getting shot by people who are not on my screen yet. 

For me, this was WAY worse in MW3 (I sold the game without even playing all the DLC I paid for)... but this game is WAY far from where it should be.

I am enjoying myself, some of the time though...

(and for the record I am an old-gamer like yourself so this is not a tween crying rant... I have been around the block many times and I also am a network engineer by profession)

zombie-papa

agree with everything u said

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

same here. i'm 38yrs old so definitely not a whiney kid. all i know is that starting with BO, the lag has gotten worse with each release. maybe this is due to an increased fan base? if so, then i wish they would just say so instead of putting it on the gamers like we're imagining things or it's a problem on our end. <- i think that is the most frustrating part.

if the game has become "too big" then just say so and i'll move on to something else. but don't promise to fix things when they can't be fixed.

the way i see it is, in this day and age, they should have been able to produce a game with the ability to make it work properly. i have a hard time believing they demand is more than they anticipated.

i say strip all the features that don't pertain to gameplay. ditch theater mode. ditch player cards, etc. just give me a playable game and i'm happy. i don't need bells and whistles.

Amen brother.

BukLau101

Apart from the inconsistent connection and quality (or lack thereof) of the maps I am really enjoying this game. Prestiging is fun, weapon balance for the most part is good, pick 10 is great. This is a good game but I wish 3arc would get their act together and fix some of the problems dragging this game down.

the game is fun, just tired of the bad player matches.. im always on the worst team!... i cant think of how many times im playing (ctf) and i look at the roster and everyone is negative but me.. and i would care about that sooo much, but  you have to win gun battles to get flags.. i wouldnt care if someone was 2-30 if they are cappin flags, but they are just bad players running around corners not looking

tired of losing every match..

i know i know.. i can join a clan/party.. but i like playing solo

TMBI

I am with you, Err0r_6_ - but that´s been the same in MW3, BO1, MW2....

Maybe it´s worse here because I think BO2 is much faster than previous CoD-Titles...?!

If you are "too slow" (not talking about PING/Connection), you´ll be shot dead...

If you don´t care about the map, you´ll be dead...

If you don´t play the objective, you´ll lose...

All the "this weapon is OP" (except range of "Shotguns"!) complaints are bullshit!

I´ve played over 130 hrs now - and I can tell everyone: I´ve seen all weapons succeeding in skilled players hands!

You just need to find "yours" ;o)) (I know you are skilled, it´s said in general!).

As long as you deny to play with some friends (Clan), you´ll lose more objective-based matches than you can win!

It´s a lottery to find some "Randoms" who play good on the objective!

I do play DOM 90% of the time - and when I play solo or with some less skilled friends, it´s hard to win a match!

I´ve done 7,000 score-points in one match, around 50 kills, less than 20 death, capped 9 flags, defended 10 - but I´ve lost the match because of the random-players who denied to play the objective or were just too bad to succeed!

We have Clan-Members with an "utterly negative K/D" - but they are able to play the objective, receiving support by the team-rushers and capping 7 flags per match minimum!

It´s them who make us win easily - and they don´t care about their K/D!

Without our support they might win less - but they are also able to adapt another playstyle to make the job on their own!! In fact, they are not bad players at all! ;o)

Regards,

Tobias

gambit1969

Agreed, its the most enjoyment i have had playing COD since  MW2..

MRQ_Cynical

I myself find that this is the best call of duty produced as of yet; however, the lag compensation and many other bugs that treyarch denies having happsen, makes this game a lot less enjoyable and even borderline horrible.

I have 2.8mb bandwidth to my ps3 while the average has about 1? Open nat type and everything portforwarded. Treyarch tells us it's our problem, but I recently doubled my internet connection and found that I've been lagging MORE. I have had several games where I haven't lagged at all and I'll easily get 2.5+,however, 95% of my  matches are me on a huge disadvantage from lag compensation to the point where I'm over a second behind everyone.

This game is broken, denying it just shows how much of a fanboy you truly are.

Im_A_Drag85

I've been playing COD multiplayer since BO1, never really dove into the MP on MW2 &amp; 3, but for some reason I am super crazy about the gameplay in BO2.  I didn't even enjoy the multiplayer in BO1 like I do on this one.  I got some friends that I hit lobbies with and even playing solo I have a blast.  Sure, the game has its issues but placing those aside....this is a really fun game!  I'm 27 years old, so I enjoy the Virtual getaway from everyday stuff for an hour or two each day

thebigb82

MAG was a good game and now out this year will be DUST 514 which will be linked with EVE Online which has millions of players a day and I am willing to bet it won't lag as much as this game

I played the DUST 514 beta and it didn't lag as much as BO2 does and it only in beta stage then again DUST 514 is run from the server that also does EVE.I guess the key here is server not Mcdonalds Wifi.

flameweilder8

thebigb82 wrote:

MAG was a good game and now out this year will be DUST 514 which will be linked with EVE Online which has millions of players a day and I am willing to bet it won't lag as much as this game

MAG was awesome. But it didn't lag because it had dedicated servers and regional servers.

Dust 514 has had less lag since the quality of servers has gone up, but that game by China Communist Party is absolute garbage.

Pay to win, the mechanic of the game is imbalance, and they still can't get stuff right even though they have had a beta going for more than 8 months.

Izjar11

Good post,

You speak the truth its has intrigued many and few come her to express hate / frustrations. I find it entertaining, because its different.

It has issues, and as many loyal players we hope things will improve. On that same note, the lack of communication about certain things is not helpful to us and to the game.

As a COD player all we have left is to wait, play and hope the game can perform better.

ghamorra

Day in and day out a good bit of the community suffers to the point it's not worth playing. I have a friend who's ranked 7.5 million in KC. That tells me that there's close to 8 million registered accounts in Black Ops II. For only having 3-400,000 people online at a time is not very much. Especially when there was close to 5-600,000 people online before the Christmas n00bs arrived

Many of my friend's have given up on this game. Some sold it, others just ate the costs and moved on. I've contemplated doing the same and just waiting it out for the big releases this Spring

ChestSplittah

They're not joking with this game. This the best they can do and offer. Year after year they try and mimic IW. That is their purpose for being brought into the fold. W@W was their last decent effort, mainly because it was simple and good. There wasn't much to screw up by using basically the same model as CoD4.  Which proves when its comes to stepping out of the circle drawn by IW, they trip on their own shoelaces.

flameweilder8

TMBI wrote:

300,000 to 600,000 people playing BO2 on PS3 every day can´t fail too much!

They ain´t masochists nor they are fools!

Sure, BO2 still has some serious bugs - and several cheats are run by some f***ing ***holes, but:

If you start to get used to the game - and when you discover how to handle it, this game can be great fun!

Sure, sometimes you´ll get mad because the lag-compensation sucks - almost when the host isn´t the best;

sometimes you´ll ask yourself "WTF?" because everyone has 4 connection-bars in the lobby, but it´s you who can´t kill anyone

because you´re obviously always "too late" (PING-Time!!!) for no reason...

Most of the time, if you set your PS3 on NAT-Open (best made with "DMZ" on your Router/Modem or even direct-connection), you´ll have no serious problems to play nice!

If this game would be that bad, I would not have a positive K/D in DOM as a "Run´n Gun" Player. I am 40 years old - so my reaction-times and my finger-maneuverability might be less good than that of all the kids in the game who grew up with joypads... ;o)

There´s no excuse to cry all the time: "This game is a joke" until you can show one other really comparable game (graphics, map-objects, details, etc.) that works better!

There´s been "M.A.G." one or two years ago - with possible 256 players online in only one match-lobby!

I did not buy it or even play it - it did not seem to be "great" at all...

There´s been "MW3" last - and, if you go back to that forum you´ll discover the same "Lag","Crap", "Complaint" Threads as you find here!

In fact you only have one choice: Get used to BO2 - or leave it!

I presume: Playing it with an open mind will open your eyes and you´ll have fun with it!

Take it easy!

Fix the lag compensation for fast internet users.

NandoEDP

Worst CoD by far for me and I have some friends that play normally and they have a shitty connection

I'm not a great player but in the others CoD I barely finish with a negative score, It's always 2.0/kd or more, but now i just do negative,negative,negative,positive(15/12 wow!) and then I turn off my console

I'm a week without play this game and I'm enjoying this time to play other PS3 titles

shut up man either your brainwashed or just dumb as $hit or just a fanboy this game is a mess audio bug being one hard freezes being another for no reason lag compensation the basis of it is! people having nothing better to do so they play this and try to put up with the mess the the game is! but you are in denial the game is a mess the sooner you realise the better denial does you no favours this whole thread makes you look stupid!

BanHaMMer

zombieslayer87 wrote:

shut up man either your brainwashed or just dumb as $hit or just a fanboy this game is a mess audio bug being one hard freezes being another for no reason lag compensation the basis of it is! people having nothing better to do so they play this and try to put up with the mess the the game is! but you are in denial the game is a mess the sooner you realise the better denial does you no favours this whole thread makes you look stupid!

He is not denying the game has issue's, unfortunately by your response and not understanding the finer nuances of his post.

You are the one, "that makes you look stupid!"

I didn't create that thread "this game is a joke" just to whine and complain.  Now that I have read throroughly through the forums I see that the lag I am experiencing is completely normal, well normal as in a ton of people are having the same problem.  I didn't buy the game hoping it sucked, why would I do that?  The truth is though it's unplayable.  I just did a couple things like port forwarding and DMZing my ps3 so i'm going to give it a few more tries, if not it's back to Battlefield 3 where I have never had any problems even close to what I do in this game.

mn7_la

I wonder why you didn't give M.A.G a try?

I agree with you TMBI, this is the best COD in my opinion and I enjoy it!