1 2 3 Previous Next 69 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 11:05 AM by flatfish421 RSS

What's Been Done about Prestige Hackers?

What bothers me that the games been out for like 2 months and still seeing prestige hackers but what bothers me more is that people think i hack cause im prestige master, ill admit tho my stats are pretty sus tac inserts are my most used and i got to prestige master in 5d 7h but no matter how much i try and convince people they think im a hacker some people after having a game with me think im legit but still most people see the emblem and think hacker.

But back to the question why is it taking Treyarch or whoeva so long to fix this? u'd think theyd be right on hacks

Can check my profile u wanna JeilySickLe

• 1. Re: What's Been Done about Prestige Hackers?
    rlbl

I assume you got there playing a lot of demo.

I have to admit that with your tact insert usage I would have reported you, but looking at your stats nothing else jumps out as being a hacker (you have a realistic score and W/L;the x-bow accuracy is high, but doable)

But who cares... if I had reported you and you are legit: nothing gonna happen.  Do you really care what people think? Really?

A lot of people do not understand the fundamental meaning of the old saying: "Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me" (unless of course, you allow them to).

If I did what you did, and people called me names, I would laugh and say they were jealous... the mute them.

Problem solved.

• 2. Re: What's Been Done about Prestige Hackers?
    Bystander10

I always report hackers and there are so many I am constantly sending reports.  I have also emailed Activision but yet to  receive a reply.  It beats me how 12 year  old  kids can get round Actision so easily, and why it hasn't been stopped.  What's bad for genuine players  is that the title 'Prestige Master' and emblem no  longer  holds any, well, prestige...Treyarch need to replace the emblem for genuine players to give it credence. I  work (well play) hard for my stats (max prestige MW3 & BO, 6th BOII, avg k.d 1.50) and all I ask in return from online gaming is a level playing field.

• 3. Re: What's Been Done about Prestige Hackers?
    sennalike

There is no doubt in mind that Treyarch have been concentrating on DLC.  They have probably also been working on a fix for the glitch, but DLC will be their priority.  DLC has deadlines to meet, fixing glitches doesn't.  Not particularly fair on us legite players, but that will be the way it is. 

In my opinion they are going to do nothing, are in the process of notifying Sony for console bans, or anything in between. Some have said they can't console ban for this, but I have read elsewhere from people who admit they were console banned in Black Ops for using a prestige glitch, so it is a possibility.  I would also say that although Treyarch will be the enforcers, they will probably need to be consulting with Activision due to the sheer number of people who have done it.

I suspect the next patch will fix the glitch and then they can take action against those who did it.  No point doing anything until then.  Although doing nothing is an option, I will be surprised if Treyarch dont do something, they have been pretty hard and good in the past with this sort of thing.  For the rest of us the wait sucks but there's not much you can do about it.

• 4. Re: What's Been Done about Prestige Hackers?
    Bystander10

I always report hackers and there are so many I am constantly sending reports.  I have also emailed Activision but yet to  receive a reply.  It beats me how 12 year  old  kids can get round Actision so easily, and why it hasn't been stopped.  What's bad for genuine players  is that the title 'Prestige Master' and emblem no  longer  holds any, well, prestige...Treyarch need to replace the emblem for genuine players to give it credence. I  work (well play) hard for my stats (max prestige MW3 & BO, 6th BOII, avg k.d 1.50) and all I ask in return from online gaming is a level playing field.

• 5. Re: What's Been Done about Prestige Hackers?
    Out

any time i see a P Master with under 7 days playtime .it makes me wonder did they hack or not

Time frames of 5 days and under really makes me wonder because that is the timeframe i see most from people i KNOW, that admitted they did the hack

The stats do tell part of the story BUT not all of it .....only you and the Devs know for sure ....

If you got there Legit....good going and dont worry what others are saying ....its only words .....they cant kill ya or eat ya in real life LOL

If you did hack or boost your way there ...punishment is on the way, accept it ..dont do it agin and go on with your life

• 6. Re: What's Been Done about Prestige Hackers?
    bigsib2

I understand his frustration and its because I go through it also but deal with it by unleashing total hell on people , especially prestige glitchers. I dont have the best stats and they aren't as good as my mw3 stats but I feel like I am better then ever with 2.04 kd and 415 spm.

Its really quite sad though because you play the game for prestige and you get the game as soon as it releases in hopes of reaching it the fastest on your friends list so you can actually enjoy the " prestige "  but yet some douche bag glitcher and his bandwagon mindless twerps have taken that away and I and others like me , must instead defend ourselves.

I think still today I only have like seven days played but yet I have been master prestige for over a month as a matter of fact the Sunday of the last double xp is when I obtained it which entitled me to about two days before everyone and their brother was master prestige,lol

• 7. Re: What's Been Done about Prestige Hackers?
    AvgGamer

with 5 days you probably already got reported a s load lol

hopefully they are going by something in the coding and not by most reports lol

• 8. Re: What's Been Done about Prestige Hackers?
    rlbl

Let us also remember something... people are calling ALL non-legit presitge masters "Hackers/Glitchers"

The reason why I would have reported you is not for cheating.. but for boosting (not saying you did, but your tact insert usage is the tip-off).

For someone to have hacked a 5 day account, the 5 day account has to have existed in the 1st place. This was achieved by a booster.

So because I cannot prove whether someone glitched or boosted, I look at the tact insert usage and report them as a booster.

Just Saying

• 9. Re: What's Been Done about Prestige Hackers?
    xxMr-Primexx

I look at the game stats, but now that nothing has not been done to these people yet, I look at their trophies for the game. If they don't have the "Welcome to the Penthouse" trophy pretty sure bet they did the hack. (in my opion). Pretty hard to be a Prestige Master if you never prestriged in a multiplayer game if you ask me.

1 2 3 Previous Next