1 2 3 Previous Next 56 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2013 4:44 PM by nintendon't RSS

Why this series has become a failure and a joke of an FPS.

superbob

It isn't because of lag.

It isn't because of weapon balance issues.

It isn't because of any balance issues.

It isn't because the maps suck.

It isn't because of killstreak balance issues.

It is because the CoD series has removed the 1 thing that makes an FPS game an FPS game.

Aiming.

There is no need to aim when you can just spray all over the place and eventually hit 2 shots with your gun and kill someone. Just watch the killcams and you'll see the horrible aim of people being rewarded just because guns kill in so few bullets. You should be able to take shots from someone who missed most of their bullets and react when they finally start hitting you, but instead when they finally start hitting you, you die instantly.

I understand, you want to help new players stand a chance, but that is what things like the minimap are for. No body gave veterans benefits when they were learning CoD4+WaW. If you had **** aim, you died, a lot.

But in this game, any player of any skill has an equal chance to get a kill as someone infinitely better than them.

Rarely does someone go 0-50, usually they go something like 4-50.

• 1. Re: Why this series has become a failure and a joke of an FPS.
    Dyn4mics

superbob wrote:

Just watch the killcams and you'll see the horrible aim of people being rewarded just because guns kill in so few bullets.

Kill cams are not accurate, and don't portray what the other player saw on his screen when he shot you. It's more or less what the host machine saw minus any lag compensation of any kind.

Or that's what I've been led to believe up to this point.

• 2. Re: Why this series has become a failure and a joke of an FPS.

They also did a good job of removing fun...yea....fun has really been nerfed in this game....

• 3. Re: Why this series has become a failure and a joke of an FPS.
    superbob

That is only really for timing of stuff and slight movements. But when you see someone make drastic moving of their crosshairs, it is what is happening on their screen.

• 4. Re: Why this series has become a failure and a joke of an FPS.

I would say it all of the above... but yes i agree they have taken all the need for skill out of the game....

• 5. Re: Why this series has become a failure and a joke of an FPS.
    trialstardragon

This game is not meant for veterans who payed their dues learning to play. This game is meant for the casual player. Because it is the sales to the casual players that bring in the most money each year. And first and foremost this is a company out to make as much money as possible, not keep veteran players happy with all things.

This game is not meant to have a big skill gap where those that played for years will always do better than someone just picking up the game.

Players should never go 0-50 for that is not fun for the one going 0-50. This game is not meant to make the one going 50 feel better than the person that went 0.

This game is not meant for the so called high skilled players so they can pub stomp the noobs all the time just so they can feel big for doing so.

This game is meant to be fun for anyone regardless of skill level or past understanding of past games in the series. not so one group can be so much better or elite and above everyone else just because they played longer.

If that is why you play this game, then this is not the game for you and never will be anymore.

• 6. Re: Why this series has become a failure and a joke of an FPS.
    xxsuckafreeeeexx

sick and tired of people saying this. if the kill cams aren't accurate take it out of the game.

• 7. Re: Why this series has become a failure and a joke of an FPS.
    nicedrewishfela

Ugh.

So, all that aiming I do, you are saying isn't necessary? Sorry, but this is just absurd.

Does one get the occasional lucky kill? Can people sometimes spray and pray and get results? Sure.

But here is the thing.. watch a lobby for a while. The same players will typically be consistently at the top of the scoreboard every round. Others will be up and down and occasionally have a great game... but the cream always rises to the top.

I use a Poker analogy. There is, of course, a measure of luck involved in poker. You have to get the cards. Everyone gets dealt the same amount and everyone has a chance to do well. Why then, is it that with so much luck involved, you will see the same set of players consistently reach the final table or late rounds of a tournament. Are they just lucky more than the others? Or is it that they have skills and know how to play and thus have consistent results?

Same applies to CoD. We are all given the same tools to use as we see fit. Even the worst amongst us will get a jump on the enemy from time to time... but in the end you will see a consistency among the more skilled players that you won't see from those with less "skill".

If you are relying on killcams to make this hypotheis, you are badly misguided. While I have the occasional WTF moment in gunfights, most of them I know whether I've won or lost based on how good my aim was.

• 8. Re: Why this series has become a failure and a joke of an FPS.
    superbob

If you have more excperience at ANYTHING in life you deserve to do better. You can have fun while doing bad.

Learning to be good at something is one of the funnest things there is. I had fun while getting my **** pushed in on CoD4. I enjoyed seeing myself get better everyday.

How is being given a false sense of skill fun?

• 9. Re: Why this series has become a failure and a joke of an FPS.
    superbob

Not true in the slightest. My scores are all over the place playing against the same people. I've gone from nuclear medals to barely breaking even.

The only time good aim matters is for the face to face confrontation, which are far and few between in this game. Most of the time it is some guy coming from off your screen who gets you.

Rarely do I feel outplayed and outskilled on a death.

1 2 3 Previous Next