1 2 3 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 2:27 PM by shire_ninja RSS

Please Play the Objective!!!

jwaller123

I had a lot of good games tonight. Some wins, some losses. A lot of caps, kills and of course deaths. My question is this though, and I know it will never be answered perfectly. Why is it SO HARD for people to play the objective. Example.....

On Raid tonight. Got stuck on the same team twice. (I am a random) Scoreboard looks like this. For one of the games.

My Team  120 end of game score

1 50 3,385327.052314      5      0
4 36 2,850       275.81212330
7 44     2,325224.2822      1800
9 31 1,650160.71153010
10 29  650215.475400
1 37 650123.816600
11 48  62561.4831910
1 38  5057.69        0300
Opposing Team   200 end of game score

2 55  3,100      300.00      24      13       3      1
3 53  2,920282.13211640
5 33 2,465238.55271242
6 44  2,425234.68201532
8 46 1,700166.67132121
1 50  1,400153.56112012

Notice how on my team There are 3 players with 0 caps and 2 players with 1? (I am the one with 5 in case you were wondering) This type of stuff basically continued throughout the evening for me. Players would just run through map treating it as if it were TDM. In fact, the other team in the above game actually mentioned that. Lol. I told them all good game prior to leaving the lobby. I know many will say play with a team, and I totally get that. I just don't have a lot of online friends. I am in a clan but none of them are ever on when I am. I am not mad that we lost as this is just a game, but with said, shouldn't you at least play the game mode in the fashion it was meant to be played?

• 1. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    thebiindsniper

Here's your answer:  Scorestreaks and KDR.

Why?  Since scorestreaks reset upon death, nobody is going to risk their life for the objectives.  Even if your team loses, the slayers don't care.  They just want a good K/D, in case Optic or MLG decides to recruit.

Slayers will, of course, defend their actions by saying they were playing "Tactically" by "clearing" out areas and "defending" the objective players (which is total BS).

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 2. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!

Getting people to play objectives in a game that so heavily rewards personal performance is worse than pulling teeth.

• 3. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!

When the game came out then a kill in Domination was worth 50 points, so killwhores was almost non existed in this game mode, then people have complained about it being to low and Vahn increased the points per kill up to 100 points. (worst mistake ever in my opinion).

Now all the TDM players switched to DOM because there is no kill limit and they get the exact same point per kill as in TDM. Domination is full of TDM players now thats why no one plays the objective anymore.

It was so much better with 50 points per kill, sure it was harder to get your streaks but people did at least risked their life and jumped on any flag they could, now its the complete opposite.

Domination is just like Team Deathmatch now, thanks for Vahn and his brillant idea of listening to the "complain" community.

• 4. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    obzi

I gave up on objective game a long time ago because of this, I started to rage far too much so I only play TDM now.

• 5. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    jwaller123

FixBlops2 wrote:

When the game came out then a kill in Domination was worth 50 points, so killwhores was almost non existed in this game mode, then people have complained about it being to low and Vahn increased the points per kill up to 100 points. (worst mistake ever in my opinion).

I never knew they did this. Would make a lot more sense on how I get outscored even when I have a couple more caps then others.

• 6. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!

Yeah it sucks, i wish they would put it back to 50 points. It was so much more fun before, everyone jumped on flags and had 9-5 caps 10-15 defends, its was intense and a non stop battle for the flag. Now.... its a mess. This is what we get when Vahn is listening to the complainers.

• 7. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    redx165

Here's a big problem. In TDM a kill is worth 100 points. 75 is the limit. Now the problem is that in order to get the highest killstreak you need to get 19 kills ( 17 hardline ). What they need to do is buff the points you get in TDM. 125 will do the trick. KC and Dom are the best modes to get killstreaks while TDM is the worst now. In order to get the TDM players to want to come back you need to it easier for them to get killstreaks.

~THE NOOB KILLER

• 8. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    vims1990

Totally understand mate.

I've been partying up since BO due to this issue. I can't stand being placed on the team that has no interest in PTFO and too busy caring about their KDR.

I swear when I play with those kinds of players, I feel as they have no clue in what the game mode is about.

• 9. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    vims1990

redx165 wrote:

Here's a big problem. In TDM a kill is worth 100 points. 75 is the limit. Now the problem is that in order to get the highest killstreak you need to get 19 kills ( 17 hardline ). What they need to do is buff the points you get in TDM. 125 will do the trick. KC and Dom are the best modes to get killstreaks while TDM is the worst now. In order to get the TDM players to want to come back you need to it easier for them to get killstreaks.

~THE NOOB KILLER

Vahn mentioned in a tweet he may be changing the score per kill for TDM but not what it'll be increased to.

1 2 3 Previous Next