41 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 8:17 AM by Linyao RSS

REASONS WHY SMGs=DEATH LASERS

Padiego

Happy MLK day everyone!

Alright, so....let's get the thread started. I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, and here it is. The SMGs in this game are OP. Why? Well, they have way too many pros. In fact, the only con is range, but slap on long barrel and problem solved(there's not even that many long range encounters in this game). Im sure by now everyone knows the pros....no recoil, medium damage, fast rof, god-like hipfire, etc. But one of the main reasons why SMGs are op is because of a lil thing called ads delay. SMGs have almost non-existant ads delay, but smgs already have built aim steady aim, so they basically have no ads delay at all. ARs and LMGs have nearly a one second ads delay. This means that smgs have a near 1 sec advantage, and THIS IS HUGE in a fast paced game. "well padiego, ads delay was in bo as well"...true, but in bo, smgs were smgs. I can't believe im gonna say this but....this is something mw3 did right. IW does not strongly believe in ads delay. MW3 is like bo2 map-wise, but the difference is that in mw3, you could as easily use an ACR or a P90. Even though mw3, like bo2, had tiny maps, ARs still stood a chance, heck you could rush with lmgs, the lsw was one of my favorite guns in mw3 during the few months i played that "game". This video explains it better :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyntHjL6T9Y&list=UUk8cNb10L5rmV9xB13ADCWA&index=1 1

• Re: REASONS WHY SMGs=DEATH LASERS
    nintendon't

ADS delay has been around since COD 4

like2nap03

At least they should be nerfed by the end of the month.  The downside is they are being nerfed by the end of this month when it should have been last month.

codcanuck

I'm trying out the MTAR and I hate it. The gun itself isn't bad, but it feels like I'm missing so many things compared to the SMGs. I even get outgunned by PDWs (curse them all!) at long range.

Convict7

Smgs don't need stock or quickdraw, that is another problem, they're easy to handle and they're fast already by default. ARs are punished with slow strafe speed and more recoil. Basically, there is no proper balance in the mobility.

DatBigSwitcha2

>SMGS OP
    >LOL notsureifsrs.jpg

If you're gonna call them OP, at least make sure they dotn get constantly s*** on by shotguns (which they constantly do).

SMGS are good in this game, very good. OP however? Nope, only bad players claim stuff is "OP" because good players have already found ways to combat "OP" stuff.

Convict7

How do you defeat SMG then?

Shotgun and pistols.

ARs can't compete in any other range than long, SMG user is so fast that he can easily run at close fight with AR user.

LMGs can **** everything, but they're too slow.

Pistols and shotties...

DatBigSwitcha2

By telling me how you defeat them, you are pretty much saying they are not overpowered. Now apply these to your game and see how easy it is to kill an SMG user.

By no means am I saying that SMGs arent the easiest class to use, its just that if you apply yourself and prey on there range.slow time to kill comapred to shotguns, you'll be golden.

Moreover the long barrel attachment only gives 15% range, which does barely anything at all to SMGs and there are far more useful attachments to use.

so to recap at killing SMG users;

Long range with snipers/ARS/LMGS

Shotguns (at CQB, i mean remmington s**** on all SMGs)

not sure about pistols, havent used one.

Its really easy if you think about it.

Convict7

By telling you how to defeat them eh?

Yes, by using OP shotgun and pistols that require 2 shots in close range.

Convict7

I admit, I do stab them multiple times, I also killed one by  throwing two frags at his face, do you think that he laughed or raged when he saw the killcam?

DatBigSwitcha2

Why must everything be "OP"?

Man, im  sick of kids just blurting out the phrase "OP" when they actually have no idea what it means, or actually have no good grasp of the actual game. If the remmington is "OP" and pistols are "OP" how can Smgs ALSO be "OP", surely they balance each other out?

Shotguns beat SMGS in CQB. FACT.

(most) ARs and all LMGS beat SMGs at long range. FACT.

Fun fact, if someone refers to something as "OP", 99% of the time, it means that they are killed over and over by that weapon and cannot adapt and beat it, I have a giant feeling that you are this type of person, since you just label everything "OP".

I destroy SMG users with my M8A1 all the time, either im a very good player (likely), or I have found a way to prey on the SMGs weakness (Again, likely). Moreover, I have destroyed SMG users with my S12. Again, I could be amazing at the game, or i couldve found a way to beat SMG users.

Many peoiple act like SMGs are an instant death, or if you use an SMG its equivalent to a garunteed 5KD. Both of these are false, you cannot use an SMG on this game and just destroy everything with no resistance, you will die from LMG users at range, you will die to shotugns up close, maybe if the guy is exceptional at the game (and the shotgun user cant aim), he might eek out a victory.

@Padiego, all the shotguns destroy SMGs in CQB. You die faster than a One shot kill. Its up to the shotgunner (not a persdonal attack on you) to make sure the SMG user is in that range, if you're not doing that, then you should not be running with a shotgun (although its ridiculously easier to get inside the KSG/R870s OSK range than the S12/M216. But its not too hard on most maps).

Overall SmGs are easy to use, but they arent undefeatable, you just need to adapt and play smarter.

Try hipfiring a scar, they seem to destroy me, even when im running remi

Padiego

I wouldnt call myself a good player but i wouldnt call myself a bad player either. I have a 2.19kd and a 2.34 w/l, 320 spm in tdm, 350 overall, 400 in dom. No da either, because for some reason i felt you would accuse me of using da. The only shotgun ive seen that challenges smgs is the r870  . all  other shotguns are easily beat by smgs. Not to mention smgs have better range.

phxs72

I know that SMGs are good but I play a lot of DOM and have no trouble going toe to toe with them using ARs while keeping my engagements medium to long range (mostly medium).  Several ARs will beat them if you snap on target quick enough and I know that I'm not the best in the world by any stretch.  So its plenty doable.  Granted I play on the PS3.  Did the Wii get the SMG nerf that came out a month or so ago?  If not that might explain why you are having so much difficulty with them.

isman

Cuz this game is revolved around hipfire you could prolli snipe someone just hipfiring thats why noone in this game ads cuz the auto aim does the work and gets the kill easily

nintendon't

I'm probably gonna get thrown under the bus by the Wiimote fan club for saying this....

Wouldn't removing the delay theoretically make the Wiimote's aim assist OP? Someone could keep spamming Z with Quickdraw to constantly lock onto enemies.....

Padiego

No, because there still is ads delay, even with quickdraw...not to mention there is a way to do some sort of lock on with DA. Doesn't really matter, its all going to get fixed in the patch....cant wait for that patch...

Convict7

As a member of the Wiimote fan club, I promise you, I see someone doing something like that, I  WILL ******* KILL THEM, I WILL FIND THEM, I WILL TRAVEL ACCROSS THE WORLD IF I HAVE TO, BY THE END OF THE DAY KYLE, YOU WILL, SUCK, MY BALLS!

No but seriously, I will be very sad if this would bring back the 1337 Wiimote Acog from that creature they once called modern warfare 3 Wii...

like2nap03

That wasn't so bad though.  It was annoying but normally only caused me a couple of deaths per match.  Then again once you found the sniper it was very easy to avoid them, sneak up on them, and kill them.  Of course I could also aim at a distance in that game too so that helped.

like2nap03

Just now watched the video.  That's cool that the next patch fixes the ADS accuracy delay he's talking about.  Wish I watched this sooner. 

Linyao

SMGs are way too easy i used the pdw maxed it out i quit using them after learning they were nooby. I can't wait till they get some added recoil i do like one of them it is one of the weaker ones but i won't use them due to they are  nooby.