26 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 12:22 AM by MEPHISTO303 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Is it black ops 2 or me?

Syndicatekiller

It takes me 20-30 bullets to kill someone,is it normal or not?,I empty my clip on someone but still he doesn't die,and he turns around and kills me in 3-4 bullets,I move around a corner or when I enter some building and just as the enemy's figure comes onto my screen I die,in every match no matter what,I am always 1-2 seconds behind inspite having a good connection, a very good ping(12m/s),and a good router,so is my Internet,router slow or is it black ops 2's fault?even though I shoot first,I lose 70 percent of my gun battles,even in close quarters when I use an smg and despite shooting first and correctly aiming on the enemy I lose the gun battle against assault rifles,lmgs,and even snipers,I am not a very bad player,and had kdr of 1:10,which now dropped to 0.95,have upload speed of 2.00 mbps,download 1.9 mbps,so is it my connections fault or black ops 2?

• Re: Is it black ops 2 or me?
    Joco3000

That is probably your connections fault

XBL games are designed to use 5 mbps minimum. The fact that your upload speed is higher than your download speed is a little odd.

It has nothing to do with your bandwidth, you have more than enough for online play. The issue lies elsewhere.

Joco3000 wrote:

That is probably your connections fault

XBL games are designed to use 5 mbps minimum. The fact that your upload speed is higher than your download speed is a little odd.

Joco300 what gave you the idea that "games need 5 meg minimum to play"?!

A friend of my got a 2mbps download and 0,5mbps upload connection, he had no problems with any Call of Duty game.

Superb0b (i think its his correct name), did a video about how much traffic Black Ops 2 is using, and its only 4kb/s which is very low and your connection should be enough to play this game online, what more important is, is your ping to the actual Host.

Syndicatekiller

Ok,so my ping is 15m/s den why is it dat every time,I have a bad ping or a bad connection tO the host,I live in India so y is it dat I get connected to people living in Arab countries,and even when I play with my indian xbl friends I always get a bad connection whereas theirs works fine,I am always 1-2 seconds behind them,even though my upload and download speeds are way better than them,one of my friends has a 0.4mbps download speed,0.5mbps upload speed and has a ping of 110m/s still he doesn't experience lag,den why is it me who is suffering

phxs72

If it's just some matches but not all then I'd say its BO2s fault but if its every match over multiple days then you should look at your cables and splitter connections.  It could just be that you have a inexpensive part going bad on you.

no, it's not just you and it's not your imagination.

Welcome to Blops2.

There are lots of threads and videos talking about this issue.  Some people will just say it must be you because they don't have any such problem (even when they do and just take it as the norm).  Some people say it's lag or lagcomp etc.

As far as the devs go the game is just fine, which has kind of made it worse because we are all left to guess work trying to find out what really is the problem and how we can deal with it.

Again some people say just setting the match making preference to "best" has made it better, other people have messed around with their routers, connections, isp etc etc. .sometimes it's helped sometimes it hasn't.

I have gone as far as paying for two ISP's  and really have not noticed much difference only with my fiberoptic connection I get host a lot more often and that only makes this problem worse.

My KD in past Cod games has always been above 2+ but in this game I am just at the 1.6... 1.7 ish range.  I can have one good night and get it up to 1.7 and then for the next few nights it's horrible and it drops down to 1.4 or 1.5.

If you really think it's your connection, go back and play MW2 and see how that plays for you.  see how often you get the same issue in that game.

Best thing you can do is hope the new update improves it, if it's really getting frustrating, do yourself a favour and just trade the game in.

Hosting network crap.

Gunzby

Trust me it's the game. From release I went from .7 to 1.2 kdr over two weeks and was going up from then till two weeks ago I went from that to a 1 kdr and lost a bunch in spm. Now I am up to 1.05, but the connection is turning to crap again.

Hopefully this time it doesn't last for a month and a half till I can get two weeks of tolerable lag and maybe ten games of great connections.

I have a 30/4 conn and I won't bother posting ping because it's irrelevant in a game that doesn't have dedicated servers.

Gunzby

I meant for the first two weeks I had a good connection. After that till two weeks ago it has been horrible and it seems to be starting again.

Restore_Hardcore

Your problem is that you are playing Core. I used to have the same problems until I discovered hardcore. Does HC have lag? Ya, but it doesn't handicap you as bad as core. Try HC, there is an adjustment period but you will find it a lot more rewarding than core. For those who don't agree, have fun with the broken game mode aka core.

play BO1 and youll find out. it takes me 3-5 bullets on BO1, on BO2 sometimes it can take up to 15 bullets. Its so refreshing to play multiplayer and my bullets count so go back and play BO1 for multiplayer, I just play BO2 for zombies but even thats broken cos of rage quitters worried about their stats.

Syndicatekiller

Ok,so my ping is 15m/s den why is it dat every time,I have a bad ping or a bad connection tO the host,I live in India so y is it dat I get connected to people living in Arab countries,and even when I play with my indian xbl friends I always get a bad connection whereas theirs works fine,I am always 1-2 seconds behind them,even though my upload and download speeds are way better than them,one of my friends has a 0.4mbps download speed,0.5mbps upload speed and has a ping of 110m/s still he doesn't experience lag,den why is it me who is suffering?

maccabi

Syndicatekiller wrote:

Ok,so my ping is 15m/s den why is it dat every time,I have a bad ping or a bad connection tO the host,I live in India so y is it dat I get connected to people living in Arab countries,and even when I play with my indian xbl friends I always get a bad connection whereas theirs works fine,I am always 1-2 seconds behind them,even though my upload and download speeds are way better than them,one of my friends has a 0.4mbps download speed,0.5mbps upload speed and has a ping of 110m/s still he doesn't experience lag,den why is it me who is suffering?

Without being harsh, you're playing in a very low player population area that in itself is a problem as its unlikely you will find good sessions,  if your playing with friends in a party the matchmaking goes off the party leadernot everyone else in the lobby.

You get matched with arabic players as thats the nearest place the game can find a session for you.,

Your "speed" is not speed its bandwidth theres a big difference,

these games use (if you are not hosting) around 0.04mbps down or up

ping is not a constant number it is a measurment of the time it takes a packet to go from you to a server/host and back.

Syndicatekiller

I have like 40-50 Indian xbl friends,so I join them,so the lobby is full of Indians,then why is It that I get a 3 bar and they get a 4 bar,I know that even 4 bars lags,but theirs runs smooth,they are like prestige 8-9 and some are even prestige masters,it is not that I am playing with people far from me,I am playing with my friends who live in India only,so wat shed like I do to cope up with their connection or as you said BANDWIDTH

Syndicatekiller

And what is this hit registration issue,i die after I am hit with 3-6 bullets then why is it that I cannot kill them with 3-6 bullets,it takes me 15-18 bullets to kill them,and I only get hit markers when I shoot,I know I am annoying everyone :p with my issues but I am getting really frustrated,I wanna love this game,but these issues just don't let me

I noticed same problem, bro.

And it happens in all Treyarch's Black Ops games.

Very noticeable, when you throwing grenade, watch it flying, then you got killed and there is no your grenade throw in killcam.

Or you have War Machine, you shoot, you see your shot and hear it, then you got killed and see no shoot in replay (also War Machine ammo not decreased when respawn, so you didn't shoot actually, or these packets not reached host).

And need to say that this problem is absent in Infinity Ward titles.

Much noticeable with activated grenade and then got killed, as above, but there all your grenades were activated and shown in replays (and most often, kills somebody) even if you just pressed it and don't even throwed.

In Black Ops titles it is like you see game which was 1-2 seconds ago and these seconds were cut off from your last actions.

xmrythem

my KD in all other COD's was above 3. In blackops 2 its at 4.5.

Easy enough to test.  If you have a copy of CoD4 or MW2, play a few rounds.

If you have the same issues, you have a connection problem.  If not, the problem is BO2.

If you want to have a good KDR in BO2, you are going to need to adjust your tactics to douchebaggery and corner dwelling because too many of the gunfights are dictated by your connection. 

Jimmienoman

Just as an outsider that knows little about networking. Even though that its hosted by a player, isn't there still a load on 3arc servers as it has to identify, record, make sure there is no tampering of source code etc.

It's not like 3arc has NO connection to the game just because they don't host it. Likewise wouldn't an older game that doesn't have as many players on it also have less lag due to 3arcs part being less tasking on their side?

I realize that there are counter arguments like less people mean less chances for a low ping to host etc. but doesn't my basic premise make sense?

It is it once the host is connected to its players, does 3arc have NO interaction with the game then?

I would not blame yourself for what you descibed. My friends and I have all experienced the exact same problem with this game. The problem you are experiencing is with the lag compensation for BO2. It's the worst out of all the COD games, and it basically punishes you for having a good connection. Since Treyarch didn't invest in dedicated servers (which they could easily do for League) the player is left with what we call lag compensation. People who have terrible connections bring everyone else down in order to "even" the playing field which ends up punishing you. If you recall from older games, this didn't really exist and if your connection was bad then you had to suck it up, but now companies are tryin to appeal to the masses and not let anyone's feelings get hurt when their connection sucks and they can't get any points.

Yeah Easter hols are here and that's meant loads of BOPS 2 gameplay..and lots of frustration and downright amazement, like being laid down at the top of some steps primed and ready for the enemy to appear only to be shot by a 3 bullet shooter as he appears in the doorway without me being able to squeeze off a single bullet!! Now how the heck did he know precisely where I was, does he have X-ray vision, and how the hell did he react so fast, from my position I should have had the advantage but not in this game. I'm being taken out with shotguns from a reasonable distance over an SMG!! It's just not true to life and sometimes I just want to EBay the game, but I don't I just go back for more butt whooping, some games I'll get a really good kdr but that doesn't last long..such a frustrating game that would be so much better if it was based more in reality!