14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 10:11 AM by fatboyhurst RSS

Let's Discuss LAG

Spaceboss

Lag it plays a huge part in whom has the advatage. When running around a corner if the enemy has better connection you will see him shoot you before you can even raise your gun.

Lag through connection it happens because of everybodys location(ping) is different to the server or host whatever you want to call it.

What I want to discuss is brain lag. Everybody that runs around with thier heads cut off. If you are 0 and 3 in your K/D ratio don't you think you should take a different approach. I have seen way to many idiots actually trying to get the enemy and not noticing it's because of the connection. The enemy will see you before you see them. How to counter this is CAMP.   Don't give the other team the point's to get the pointstreak rewards. Let them run to you. Also you should use the equipment like claymores,shock charges etc. Even equip a riot sheild. These can be your friend when the connection is horrible and you keep getting shot first when you have only seen the enemy for a split second and they have seen you for like a second or two.   We probably can't prevent connection lag but you can take action to prevent BRAIN LAG.

• Re: Let's Discuss LAG

Clearly you havent taken the time to max level or get all the camos on the Assault Shield... when you are behind lag wise doesnt matter if you are face on crouched in front of an enemy they will kill you like if you were naked holding a giant lolypop in front of your face.

Spaceboss

true although it would make them come to you instead of running out countless times just to get killed. And if your camping with a teammate your teammate could shoot him and even out the score. Stacking the odds is all I'm giving advise for. Brain lag is running out countless times with your head cut off. 

Lag doesn't have anywhere near as much of an impact you're running around the corner because when you run around the corner you may see them a little bit behind where they actually are but you'll see them. From their perspective your 'little bit behind where you actually are' is around the corner and they cannot see you, giving you the advantage in those gun fights.

Harv72

Camping won't help when you're on the bad end of lag comp, and in fact it will often hurt.

When you're stationary, you are already at a disadvantage to someone who is moving toward you, particularly if that player knows you're there.  If we're talking about camping a corner inside a building, you'll be dead before you even have time to react to the player who just came through the doorway (or before you even see them in extreme lag scenarios), assuming they don't just wallbang you with an MMS.  If you've found yourself a headglitch overlooking a relatively open traffic route, the other player is often going to get off the first several shots against you...so with decent aim on their part, you won't stand a chance of winning the gunfight.

Aside from the obvious solution (backing out of the lobby), I've found the best "fix" for games when the connection is against you is to go with OHK weapons: shotguns if you favor a more aggressive playstyle, or snipers if you'd rather lay back.  The principle is that even if your opponents are getting off several shots at you before you have a chance to react, you'll only need one hit within your range to take them down; you'll obviously want to run Toughness in these cases.  For shotguns is all about running the right routes & being able to predict traffic flow so you can come up behind or beside your opponents, and with snipers it's more of a mental game in knowing when to change positions and predicting where your enemies will approach you from next.

Highwayman0226

This was my thought when I read the OP.  You just look like a bad camper.  You'll never kill someone running left or right, and even if they are coming right you, you'll be using that whole clip and MIGHT get a kill.  OHK weapons is probably the best suggestion, but you'll be getting more hitmarkers than usual with these weapons as well. 

It speaks volumes of this game that you have to change your playstyle and weapon of choice, not to adapt to the enemy, but because multiplayer is so broken. 

Ungrateful_Dead

I second Harv72's comments.  I have tried that waiting game, and if you are half a second behind the lag curve, the enemy guy will be around the corner and running laps around you before you even see him.

I get what the OP is getting at, though; if you are running headlong into the same area and getting killed the same way because you are on the wrong side of the lag comp equation, you need to snap out of it and change tactics.  I know I am bad for this because I have trouble resisting the revenge kill route; which is even more insane when you can't win a gunfight.

Big_Sprowls

Explosives are best for laggers, you can indirectly attack them and not have to be slowed down while in there sights!

I would like activision just outright blame ISP's because it's the connection not the game. This is same game engine, on very same PS3 I played Black ops on. The internet is worse now than in the time of Black ops. We have been throttled, our ISP's are strangling our games. Hell next gen systems will beworthless hooked up to tin cans!

Highwayman0226

That's all they do is blame US.  They take no responsibility for their game running like crap in multiplayer.  BO1 and MW3 both ran poorly, but not as bad as BO2.  How can you point at ISPs and our connections when other games run fine.  People have stated that they've recently played older titles, and, aside from hacks, the game runs smoother than this?

Izjar11

Let's Discuss LAG

I like what your writing about but what your title and message say are very differnt.

Mental Lag is a serious condition on this game, I do not complain about those "slow to react" players because hey they are easy kills.

Highwayman0226

The best fix for lag, is press the "start" button, highlight "leave game".  It will ask you if you really want to leave and informs you that you will be awarded a loss.  Select yes.

ghamorra

Lag can go jump off a cliff

pkkveel

I just hear about a game my brother played in where he went 4-31 (not sure of exact numbers but something terrible like that). THAT is brain lag right there. Change classes and hold an area, stop running around like an a$$hole and getting shot from every direction, with a mic tell your team mates your game has gone for a crap and ask for assistance holding a choke point etc to get rolling again. If you are 1 and 6 or 2 and 10 and you to not change SOMETHING its not the games fault entirely !

I played a game on Yeman a couple of nights ago and was 2 12 said screw this and dug in at the fruit stand across the street from spice store with Hamr and Type 25, hunkered down and weather the storm and ended up 16 19. They were all run and gunners but from that location and only 2 routes in I was able to stop the bleeding.

fatboyhurst