30 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 7:58 PM by Chibi_Robo RSS

Handguns are ridiculous in this game

hudder92

Who thought it was a good idea to have handguns outpower almost every primary in the game?

• Re: Handguns are ridiculous in this game
    Scorr

Errrm... What?

If that was the case why do I still see players using their primary instead of secondry weapons?

Just because you got killed by a guy with a pistol doesn't mean you need to come on the forums and have a cry about it.

NoLifeKing29

Handguns are a viable weapon, people need to stop being babies about this topic.

HelloBrain

The problem is that in past CoD games the handguns have been woefully underpowered.  A .45 round is very powerful, so it makes sense that the Tac-45 is a powerful weapon.  The KAP-40 is very good in its own right, but is it really that much different than the G18 from MW2?  It only hold 15 rounds in a magazine, how could it be OP?

snoops07

It's not the power that I have a problem with, it's their speed.  So basically combining the speed, mobility, power, and accuracy in the hands of a good player, it can be quite OP.   This is the first CoD I felt like they're a bit too strong.

myevo8you

You are right the .45 IS a powerful round. What you are missing is the problem of their long range accuracy. You can literally put a red dot sight on ANY pistol and snipe with it. Go to a shoting range and TRY to hit a human target from farther that 100 yards out WITH PINPOINT ACCURACY with a .45. You would be LUCKY to land 1-2 bullets from a 15 round magazine.

The problem lies not within the power of the gun, as like you stated, they SHOULD be a viable weapon. The damage drop off from distance needs to be tweaked to where it takes more than TWO bullets from the pistols to kill at any range (barring the executioner). Tell me WHY a sniper rifle with a .50 round and higher impact effeciency and velocity should do the EXACT same damage as a pistol fired from the same distance.

noogster

it doesnt matter if someone uses a pistol as a primary

a lot of things are over powered

you just have to get used to it

rsturp

you are right, i seem to die like everytime im 1v1 with someone who as a pistol, they seem to kill me in two bullets, ive even seen it on kill cam where a guy killed me in 1 bullets as i ran into a door way it went through the wall and killed me, how can 2 bullets of a pistol kill someone yet 15 bullets from any other gun bar the shotguns and snipers not kill anyone

Adam1234567893

Um stop being a cry baby stop being a cry baby and of course stop being a cry baby. Heres the thing the Tac-45 is the only handgun capable of a two hit kill and for you to come on these forums to complain by lying about the other handguns really annoys me learn to adapt or sell your game these so called "overpowered" handguns are in the game so use them sick tired of people coming in these forums saying NERF EVERYTHING I DON'T USE AND BUFF EVERYTHING I DO USE!!!!! Seriosly these kind of forums are getting old they aren't cute or funny they are just plain stupidity and lying at it's best. So do us all a favor and stop complaining about guns that you can use yourself.

iivrruummii

OMG...YES!!!!

hudder92

I'm not crying about it. I'm just stating the obvious. Pistols should not under any circumstance outpower an assault rifle or SMG. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I guess if the developers want me to use handguns as I primary weapon, because there really isn't anything else that can beat them in a 1v1 battle; so be it. I just don't think that will be very fun for anyone.

Adam1234567893

Um hate to break it to you pistols have the same bullets as the SMGs so of course they should be allowed to beat them and the Tac-45 has about the same size bullets as the FAL and SMR so it should have a chance at beating Assault Rifles so learn to adapt by being more accurate or sell your game stop lying to Treyarch because you failed at using pistols. You are not honor bound to have to use certain guns you can use ANY gun in the game there are no rules stating what gun you are allowed to use so stop complaining and learn to adapt if someone says you are a noob for using a certain gun just simply say that they are a noob because they aren't using that gun.

hudder92

You obviously know nothing about ballistics. An SMG will have a longer barrel giving it more acurracy at any range compared to a handgun. Ever wonder why you can hit a target at a  gun range out past 600 meters with a rifle, but can't hit crap past 50 with a handgun?

Adam1234567893

Um I do know alot about guns actually thanks for asking it's not my fault these maps are small so yea again learn to adapt or sell your game I don't care about stats of a video game gun okay all I know is pistols have a chance at getting a one hit kill in real life at a very far distance if you don't like that someone kills you with a weaker weapon according to your standards then sell your game. Sick of listening to people who lie all the time and act like a know it all you don't know anything about balance let alone real life gun stats yes I know this is an arcade game but still pistols should not have to be made weak just cause you say so you should be glad they aren't as strong as the MW2 ones with stopping power. They are no where near "overpowered" so enough with the complaining please.

hudder92

lol.. Like I have already said.. I could care less what I get killed by. I was just stating the obvious and it was just an observation on my part.

And yes you are right you can kill someone in real life at long ranges with a .45, but that would require you to actually hit what you are shooting at. I have seen people who shoot in competitions that can't hit a 100 yard target with a handgun, and when they do it will take a very long time to line of the shot and make sure they squeeze the trigger with the right pressure.

I know this isn't real life, but damn. It's a secondary, and the power on it should reflect that.

Adam1234567893

Also all the Call of Duties before this game pistols had a chance at overpowering SMGs and Assault Rifles so what makes this game so different huh? Again you want them to nerf everything you don't use and buff everything that you do use.

hudder92

I'm not saying nerf everything. I honestly don't care what I get killed by. I could care less about overpowered primaries. If it's overpowered and you are tired of getting killed by it, use it yourself. I just think secondaries should be.. well... secondaries. They should not be a viable primary.

Adam1234567893

Why? Because you assume that they aren't going to kill you with their secondaries out? By the way launchers kill one hit and they can replenish ammo so what makes pistols so bad? They can't even kill one hit in this game let alone get a 2 hit kill at long ranges not to mention they lack aim assist so why are you complaining when they are still secondaries? I could outgun anyone in any Call of Duty with a pistol if I am accurate so what's different about this game? Is it because you want them to be 4 clip kills? Or because you get killed by them all the time? Learn to adapt because you lack any reason of why they need to be weak.

The handguns SHOULD be powerful. They cost just as much as a primary. If they were useless nobody would waste an allocation point on them. I think the Tac45 is a beast, Ive 1 shotter people to the head before with it.

Hud, based on my experience, i could not agree more. You need to take my opinion with a grain of salt..sea salt. I am one of those who is getting screwed by lag comp, etc, blah blah. I can put a half a clip into a guy only to be one shot killed by a douche with a pistola. Im at the end of my patience with this games multiplayer. Im so tired of getting rolled by these fools. Whether they are on the good side of lag comp or they have a way to gain an advantage over others, i dont know but its ridiculous. Just call me cboard..ie cardboard display because that is all i should be in this game. The way it plays, i pose no threat even to the dead guys.

Adam1234567893

Lol wah wah wah NERF EVERYTHING THAT I DON'T USE AND BUFF EVERYTHING THAT I DO USE!!!!! That is all I see with this post typical trash that can't adapt. Sell your game if you can't adapt also the lag is bad but that's it there is no "overpowered" guns just overpowered signals.