3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 3:33 AM by nuttin2say RSS

Just need help and advice

Chipperi

Ok I have been playing COD since I got my Xbox about 7years ago and I have had the same issues in Multiplayer the whole time. Maybe I can get some decent suggestions in here, no smart @ss answers please. I am 36, so I am not one of these wonder kids that run and gun at 100miles an hour. I admit I am a fairly slow mover or sometimes even camper. Just watching the fast motion of the run and gunners on you tube gives me severe headaches. My biggest problems are :

I see someone, before I can even pull the trigger they have unloaded a half a magazine on me.

Auto aim doesn't seem to work at all for me...but the person shooting at me always seems to be able to round a corner lock their sights right on me and fire.

How the hell are these people always at the spawn points? Sometimes I spawn and see and enemy who is already shooting at me?

How can I even begin to defend against all these people with moded controllers and boxes? I have turned in a bunch of videos with people shooting a .44 Mag and .50BMGs  like machine guns. But now I am honestly considering getting one just so I can have some hope at being competive.

• Re: Just need help and advice
    frats74

Chipperi wrote:

Ok I have been playing COD since I got my Xbox about 7years ago and I have had the same issues in Multiplayer the whole time. Maybe I can get some decent suggestions in here, no smart @ss answers please. I am 36, so I am not one of these wonder kids that run and gun at 100miles an hour. I admit I am a fairly slow mover or sometimes even camper. Just watching the fast motion of the run and gunners on you tube gives me severe headaches. My biggest problems are :

I see someone, before I can even pull the trigger they have unloaded a half a magazine on me.

The younger crowd of today just have faster reflexes.

Chipperi wrote:

Auto aim doesn't seem to work at all for me...but the person shooting at me always seems to be able to round a corner lock their sights right on me and fire.

There is a misconception about Auto- Aim helping; in reality it doesn't do anything.

If it did, most gamers would have all the Gold Titles to their Guns right now.

Chipperi wrote:

How the hell are these people always at the spawn points? Sometimes I spawn and see and enemy who is already shooting at me?

MW3 has bad respawning plain and simple. MW1 and 2 were not like this. The bad respawn issue was something that started in BO1, when maps got smaller. I guess the developers did that to deter camping and get players back in the action much faster.

The biggest map in MW3 is Black Box and I never had a problem with the respawns there. The map is big enough that even if there were enemies in every corner of the map, there are still safe zones for respawns.

Chipperi wrote:

How can I even begin to defend against all these people with moded controllers and boxes? I have turned in a bunch of videos with people shooting a .44 Mag and .50BMGs  like machine guns.

The only thing you can do if you suspect cheating in a game is to report them.

Chipperi wrote:

But now I am honestly considering getting one just so I can have some hope at being competive.

Don't. You'll be Console Banned and Profile Banned.

Im 31 and my reactions are not the best either, I have found that what im doing works most of the time. So may I suggest trying this........

DONT RUN, You know there impatient and will come to you.

Aim down sights and crouch before coming round a corner then your not trying to aim and shoot, halving the time to shoot accuratly.

Find a gun, any gun that your comfrtable with and use it. I would suggest the M4A1, easy to control with minimal recoil and the reflex sight with extended mags. (when unlocked)

But any gun your comfortable with will do.

Try sticking to 1 or 2 maps you enjoy, you will learn where they most commonly come from making it easier to get kills.

Now I'm NO pro, but enjoy a good game.

Just some suggestions that work for me, they might just work for you.

nuttin2say

There are tons and tons of little things you can do that, on their own, will not bring a huge change to the results you are getting. Too many to list here. Besides that, some of them take some explaining and that can get long-winded.

One thing you describe, however, I think I can help you with.

You can learn how to improve your aim by turning off aim assist, true. To get better at aiming, use a more stable Call of Duty to do your experimenting and practicing. MW3 should be stable enough, but if not, you'll probably have to go back to either MW2 or MW1. WaW is too hacked to bother with. If I recall correctly, you did not have a choice regarding aim assist with BO1.

More important than that, though, is that it sounds like your sensitivity setting is too low. You will hate life for a while as you adjust to playing with it set to the maximum sensitivity, but in the long run, it should help you out.

Personally, I gradually built up to the maximum setting. Looking back, though, just turn it on insane and dive in all the way.

Kiwi Jase gave some very good advice, too.

My big advice for people wanting to improve is very simple:

Stay alive. Get good at staying alive and the rest will follow.