1 2 3 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 12:13 PM by sennalike RSS

UNTIL THERE IS A GAME ENHANCING REASON [FOR THE COMMUNITY], AND BOII FUNCTIONS EFFECTIVELY TO MANAGE THIS FAIRLY, PROBATION FOR QUIT-OUTS SHOULD BE REMOVED

robbierocket

So, I have been put on probation. This lasted 5 mins. I have some comments to make about it.

+ I have long thought that people who quit games should be delayed a re-entry to online games (penalty). I actually thought 2 mins for each time is fine (from the point of quitting). That way, if the player has left the game for the many real plausible reasons there is no problem as they will take longer to return than 2 mins anyway. In principle I like the idea Treyarch have seemingly added to this patch.

- However, tonight showed no party stability as myself or my friend were regularly kicked or thrown into separate games. I quit out about 5 times in a period of 20 games over 4 hours. Twice was because my friend and I were thrown into separate games and I quit to regroup.

- Tonight was also one of my worst experiences for lag (well, not a good experience, there have been many of this poor level), and so 3 of the 5 times I quit was due to a horrendous advantage for 2-5 enemy players, I mean the sort of advantage where you can shoot at them from behind at short range and they notice this, turn and spray, seemingly killing you instantly.

- Then, there's the mid- and pre-game hard freezes.

- Then there's the scenario where I'd want a player with one red bar to leave the lobby, they should even be kicked for their own sake so they can get a better lobby for themselves. This is not encouraged by this system and I saw many red bars tonight.

- Finally, the warning, PROBATION WARNING, which explains what will happen if you continue to quit games, is then followed (after a button press) with the actual PROBATION. I don't understand the point of that. What does the warning achieve? Is this not just an explanation? If it should be a warning, they should post it in advance of the penalty.

In summary, I'm in favour of such a penalty BUT not when a game cannot function to the necessary level that this penalty becomes condusive to a better gaming experience. With the state of matchmaking and lag issues, freezes and party instability it seems an ignorant trick or perhaps one of denial to put this system into play. The quit-outs hurt better performing earlier CODS for 2 reasons, they were rage quits (not lag quits) and so were direct results of being beaten, and there was no host migration so many games would end unfinished as a result. Now, I don't see that the game improves with less quit-outs due to lag issues.

reason for unfinished matches
hard freeze (involuntary)
disconnect gameside (involuntary)
sound spike
matchmaking issues (lag)
hosting issues (compensatory host lag issues)
sudden party split (upon map loading)
sudden match entry (upon attempting to back out of a party or pre-game lobby)
late entry to unbalanced match (often loaded with enemy streaks)
spawning issues (often spawn trapping, but could be "one of those games" where spawn deaths come in 5's)
emergency/sudden need to quit (out of game, personal)
unhappy with performance

I see at least 2 involuntary quit out scenarios and 7 or 8 out of 9 legimimate reasons to quit.

It also seems strange to me that a game that forces you to manually shut down your Playstation once a week (which could well prevent completion of a match, and add to your quit-out tally) also suspends you from playing it, if you choose to do the same.

• 1. Re: PROBATION WARNING / PROBATION
    bagsta69

I honestly have no idea what planet the devs are from!!!

I'm just waiting for a probation warning as every game tonight has been unplayable, sound popping, horrendous lag, thrown into another game to spawn bang in front of the enemy with my back to them, happy birthday to that player.

Do you think they actually listen to what the community are saying.

I mean I know people pretty much only come here to moan otherwise we'd be playing the game so why not take onboard what is been said.

Arggggh! Right glass of wine time chill and try again after reinstall of all game data and a reboot of everything.

Cheers

• 2. Re: PROBATION WARNING / PROBATION
    onlyzeone

I agree with you but it happened slightly differently for me.

I received a probation warning first, no probation. Then I quit the next game to see what would happen and sure enough, I received 5 minutes probation, I don't know if there are harder punishments yet for quitting, haven't heard of it yet...

• 3. Re: PROBATION WARNING / PROBATION
    onlyzeone

I have reinstalled this game fully several times and it has made no difference to what happens. I was experiencing lots of error 80010514 codes on starting bo2, I went through each possible fix and the fix that was suggested by Sony support and still have same issue. The game will launch eventually but quite annoying.

The only thing that has helped me is that I dropped the ps3's max resolution setting to 720p and I get much fewer errors. I might be imagining things but it seems to have helped my k/d as well.

• 4. Re: PROBATION WARNING / PROBATION
    robbierocket

- oh and I forgot hosting. I just hosted a game and because matchmaking is so poor, the lobby members were all from other countries and my host lag compensation just lagged me to the point of total vulnerability. I couldn't even see most of my enemies. Should I get a suspension of play penalty for leaving that?

I did and in response to my second 5 minute penalty tonight, "Up yours!"

I bought this game for online play and it functions poorly, quitting is a response to that and also a preserver of playing the game further. I think this is disgusting. Not the idea, but executing on such an unstable online game.

HAVE A LOOK AT THE REALITY, PLEASE TREYARCH!

• 5. Re: PROBATION WARNING / PROBATION
    robbierocket

Maybe I'll get an in-game accolade for a third ban...

• 6. Re: PROBATION WARNING / PROBATION
    ChestSplittah

They re-implemented this crap?

This is the dumbest and most arrogant Development Studio I've ever encountered. They use the consumers console as a server, yet they can't even ensure that the game they sell to the consumer will even work properly on said consumers console. They haven't on numerous occasions. They reinstate a idea that they took down because they're failures. Why because they can't even make sure their product runs properly. Thus causing people consoles to freeze, have to be reset. Thus gaining you probation.

You're actually only hurting your chances of selling DLC. Your game freezes, makes horrible noises, lag all to hell like, worse than a game by a fledgling company.

So... Treyarch... You stop nothing here. I'm not your slave. Your punishment is a timeout for a child.

WHAT YOU GONNA DOOOO....!!??!!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/413/369/hulk-hogan_display_image.jpg?1285545851

WHEN I SIGN OUT ON YOOOUUUU!!!!

• 7. Re: PROBATION WARNING / PROBATION
    bagsta69

Cheers for the heads up about the res settings.

I just don't know how I can go from reasonable games to this wading through treacle and lagging like crazy when some players are reporting games of utter magnificence.

I'm sure many people are playing this game and not having issues but man I'm also sure there are many that are not.

Exactly the same as bo1 for me, each patch or hot fix made it worse till I gave up playing. At least I havnt been suckered into buying dlc  

• 8. Re: PROBATION WARNING / PROBATION
    ChestSplittah

5 mins accrued several times= hmmm.. Spending extra money on DLC doesn't sound like to wise of a choice now.

Stupidity. All they're doing is making it easier for people to not want to be bothered with this substandard product.

• 9. Re: PROBATION WARNING / PROBATION
    robbierocket

Right, I didn't even mention the sound spikes that REQUIRE quit game to remove.

Disappointingly inconsiderate in these regards.

1 2 3 Previous Next