18 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 1:38 PM by belly120 RSS

the reason bo2 maps suck

belly120

ok i've figured it out and its profound... well its not but it is why these maps suck

none of them have any basis in reality nor are the reason to be having a ludicrous firefight in them

Raid:  its a villa right ok so why is it not actually habitable in any way, its not based on any property i've ever seen and i work in property.  also why are a bunch of crazy mercenaries with guns living there????

its layout is not useable as a living space for actual people to live in, it has a garage with know access to the outside world so how do you get your car in there??? the rooms aren't connected if you want a snack and your in the one bedroom you have to go outside and walk to some kitchens that aren't connected with the rest of the house and why do the fbi care if mercs with guns are relaxing by the pool????

meltdown:  that is not a nuclear facility, the simpsons do a better job of making a nuclear power plant!  i can understand that terrorist may wish to try and blow it up or steal nuclear material for a dirty bomb so why are we not playing pakistani special forces or amercican delta force trying to stop that happening???

carrier:  have they been on a flight deck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  that is the smallest carrier i've seen in years and has none of the structures or layout any carrier in the world has... don't pull that future crap either, no navy litterally piles bomb racks and fuel drums everywhere on a flight deck!!!!!!  am i the only sane man left in this game!  where are the hangar decks, the briefing rooms, bridge in fact any elements of a real carrier other than it being at sea and having aircraft on it

the list goes on but you get the picture

these maps aren't based on anything and thats the problem, every other title has sought to create atmosphere remember chernobyl and how they recreated that in its epic glory!!!!!

this game sucks because they stopped focussing on creating a great immersive game and started focussing on making a childish run and gun rampage that lacks any semblance of reality or reason to exsist other than to shoot randoms in random places

DLC:  a skate park i mean FFS!!!! what did the mercs piss the fbi off so much with their sick 180 kick grabs that they went and got guns because they couldn'ttake that the mercs are better skate borders!!!! get a life 3arc. 

don't say its a game, cod 4 mw was a game and it was epic because they made credible exciting real world enviroments that had genuine reasons for exsisting and for fighting in, this game couldn't be bothered with research so just turned out this crap as an excuse to make money

big love to mw and mw2 mw3 and bo... no love for bo2

• Re: the reason bo2 maps suck
    JSlayer211

Good stuff, hope you have on your flame retardant underwear though. It's coming lol.

Okay, of all things, what the maps are based on is what you pick to rage at?

And for your information, Carrier is based on a massive carrier. You can't access it all, but it's definately huge.

Im glad theres at least 1 thread here that makes sense. I agree with you OP and my conclusion to this is that Treyarch rushed the maps to push for the release date of the game. I mean seriously every single maps layout can be thought of in less than 10 minutes. They make it so that every map has 3-4 rushing routes and thats it. No diversity whatsoever like previous CoD maps where depending on your class, you had a new route to take.

c4rl

If you want reality join the army, this is a game and they make adjustments for the sake of playability.

belly120

mate i love retards like you, credability and realism are very different things.  if you set this in a location that exsists you have an artistic right to portray it accuartely.

a car looks like a car so these maps should be just as credible, don't defend garbage based on naevity or blind fan boy devotion

they are shitting on you, MW created epic maps accurately modelled on chernobyl remember that bit of my post??? 

these maps are **** because they have no attention to detail or foothold in reality gained through study research site visits and other means used in the industry by everyone bar 3arc num nuts

Cowboy Torry

i remember youtube movies for MW3 where a guy "invented" a backstory for each map.

He would have a hard time for the BO2 maps, especially the DLC maps.  Some maps you can imagine a firefight on, but the others ... you really need to stretch your imagination to make it believable

belly120

bang on! 

my point exactly, they aren't based on anything, its just all randomness, random generic goody turns up at random none related location for no reason and finds random generic bad guy hanging out, they proceed to shoot each other, dying and spawning randomly whilst firing guns.

that is not a reason to play this game for another 10+ months

rankismet

belly120 wrote:

ok i've figured it out and its profound... well its not but it is why these maps suck

[...]

big love to [...] mw3

That is humorous.

Thanks for the chuckle.

belly120

mate if you think this pile of glitch filled bug invested junk is better then mw3 you need mental help and fast wake up mate they are laughing at you all the way to the bank

rankismet

belly120 wrote:

mate if you think this pile of glitch filled bug invested junk is better then mw3 you need mental help and fast wake up mate they are laughing at you all the way to the bank

Try some punctuation. That reads like you are wigging out on speed.

And why I'm chuckling went 5 miles over your head, "mate".

obzi

I thought it was funny too. 

belly120

same to you as above, go take a look at the design and map creation in mw3 especially the dlc then come back and look at this trash and tell me its better,

dlc oil rig.  guess what it looks and feels like an oil rig.

any bo2 map - childish trash designed around a 3 rush routes full of headglitching cover

belly120

they have clearly not bothered to research or visit any real world locations of any kind when creating these maps,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/USS_Nimitz_%28CVN-68%29.jpg

there is a link to the nimitz, take a look and you've already done more reserch then 3arc when designing carrier lol

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Sellafield-1515b.jpg

there is a link to the sellafield nuclear power site in the uk, well done you just outperformed 3arc again

https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/78510237

guess what this is yemen, well done your map design research is complete go forth and create lol

simples

darkday

While I agree that some of the spots seem like they are disjointed Raid for instance I don't think that any of the maps except for Hijack suck.  As for some of your complaints Raid's Garage is accessable from the curved drive that leads to the circle drive and from there the world.  The carrier is way bigger than the play space.  I do feel like they spent less than adaquate time building in backstory for why we are fighting over some of the places as well.  Skatepark? Random disjointed house? Civilian Boat in the middle of the ocean.  With so many great maps in their back catalogue I hope we see some remakes of maps that actually fit the backstory of BO2.

belly120

again the nail on the head, we shouldn't have to hope for better maps, we spent a lot of money, we should have got good maps straight away.  they've made plenty of good maps in the past with theme and mood and credability so why this sudden step change....

laziness is why.  oh its the future the places don't exsist so we can just make stuff up badly? no 3arc you have to still research and create. 

take 10 minutes and sketch out some ideas, pen some description and tag some exsisting pictures and you can have better map ideas then any of the map designers of 3arc have done

look at the dlc maps, we aren't going to be getting any good maps from 3arc, why are mercenaries fighting at a god damn ski lodge, do they want to be on the pist early so brought guns to que jump??? grow up 3arc you aren't 6 years old

hydro, dams exsist look at some, then look at their map, you can make an excellent map out of a real world location but it takes time and effort

or you can create 3 rush routes some headglitch cover and some random buildings that relate to nothing put a big concreate wall at the back with some water slopping about and say hey look a damn, well done well done... not

Its a video game. You don't seem to have a problem being able to jump off buildings & survive if you have a perk on? Again its a video game not 3d google maps

belly120

chump, again its not realism its credability.   do you not remember the awesome level on that tanker in the storm where you crept through a ship as the SAS, thats realism and credability

i don't want super realism and a military simulator i want quality maps like we've had since the year dot, this dross is not up to the standards of any previous title in the franchise. 

grow up and except you've been mugged off stop pretending its good because its kind of tragic

belly120

the love boat aka hijacked...

anyone seen a real luxury yacht???  why is the bedroom also the bridge???? massive expensive yachts have a crew that mans and runs the vessel for the wealthy oligarch that owns it

so why is he in bed while his captain stands running the ship a few feet away>>> how is going to sleep with all those hookers if the crew are watching???

oh wait becasue its an example of lazy childish map design

some bodies of crew and a hostages may have made this map even tangible but again i feel the fun loving mercs that like to skate and stay in **** villas are now being persecuted on their luxury yacht!   when will the fbi stop being jeleaous of their play boy lifestyles and move on!

if you just play multiplayer that is the story being told after all

mercs are pimp dudes that live a playboy dream lifestyle but those bitter fbi guys keep trying to spoil their fun,  great work,  even when the mercs go clubbing some sons of ******* turn up and ruin their night out!  come on 3arc mercenaries have feelings to ya know