1 2 3 Previous Next 82 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 10:34 AM by Izjar11 RSS

Probation & Accountability

Izjar11

COD,

This program that puts you on probation seems to hit a nerve with many  posts written from RLBL, Robbierocket, DBL  all whom are reputable forumites and many more from less than reputable claims of being put on probation for no "apparent" reason.

My  experience on it:

I have never been put on probation ( I never quit games, NEVER no matter what's happening). I have experienced host migrations, server disconnects, errors, freezes, you name it. I have played with others from the forums and they have left me mid game fighting alone because the game was "laggy" or had terrible connection but I stayed till the end.

My take:

We each take some sort of personal responsibility in each game we join / play and what we do until the game ends (no matter the situation good/bad connection) is really up to us. That choice you make to ditch / leave a game is yours, but if you have a higher than normal tendency to get upset and leave mid game than yes you should be put on probation (how long do they last?) 5, 10 minutes? Which is nothing really.

A final note:

Stay in the game, if you are about to lose than take it, do not leave the game. Many will write "but I did nothing" I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but the truth is the system noted you have left the game more times than that one time. I have mixed feelings about this program overall, it sounds good but it seems to be to harsh with those who suffer from more hosts migrations than normal.

Ultimatley the problem is present, to many people leave the game becuase they cannot: A) Take the loss, B) Get upset, C)Do not want to ruin their statistics.

So a final question: How does Treyarch solve the mid game leaving issue? 

• 1. Re: Probation & Accountability

If the game ran properly I think it would greatly reduce the amount of people leaving/quitting, plain and simple. This did not happen as much in other COD's from my experience and never caused me an issue. People leaving games does not bother me, the same as someone standing up to leave in a cinema because they can't be bothered with the rest of that film, they paid, it's their right.

If Treyarch are determined to drive people from playing this game or buying more of the COD products, they are going the right way about it.

Probation = We know our game doesn't work properly but if we can force you to stay playing it just might       solve one issue

• 2. Re: Probation & Accountability
    gambit1969

My opinion,

30% of game quiting would be down to bad connections in the lobby (some may disagree)

50% are down to people trying to protect their stats.

20% other reasons,

• 3. Re: Probation & Accountability
    rlbl

I think the probation is an excellent idea (in principal). In fact if were up to me, if the host disconnects from the COD servers: Automatic 2 minute probation (if your system crashed, oh well... if you dashboard, shame on you)

The problem we are faced with now is: Games are crashing/freezing to no fault of the user. If you end up on probation because of this, well.. ok... (but seriously one would have had to leave a few games before hand.. most host migrations actually complete fine as long as everyone does not jump ship)

So let us leave the game state situation alone for a sec.. Let us talk about those who do dashboard/quit games when things are not going their way. Even if the game never crashed, and people had a fair experience, people would still quit.  To those people: You are the problem. Period.

If those people stopped leaving, we would not have the problems of people being thrown into no win situations.  The probation was designed for these people; and they deserve to be put on probation.

* there is a questionable argument of the extremely laggy games: some people feel they are doing their team a favour by leaving a game that they start out going 0-X in... we all have had the experience, but that is not a reason to leave. In these cases, you can slow down and play more cautiously. Yes you will not have a stellar game, but at least you will support the team, and the game by not running away because you cannot get a streak going.

• 4. Re: Probation & Accountability
    rlbl

Even if the stats you posted are skewed... the % of people trying to protect stats/get streaks/get youtube footage/etc..

is way to damn high.

They are part of the problem the gaming experience is ruined for the rest of the community.

Every time I see a post about "how I hate getting thrown into losing matches" I think: "Maybe if people stopped quitting..."

• 5. Re: Probation & Accountability
    Izjar11

If the game ran properly I think it would greatly reduce the amount of people leaving/quitting, plain and simple

Yes and no. The game cannot solve personal anger matters, or vanity of about stats. With all due respect and I agree the game should work better, don't you think that the amount of people ditching games is a major reason why the game doesn't work properly? Just a question.

This did not happen as much in other COD's from my experience and never caused me an issue. People leaving games does not bother me, the same as someone standing up to leave in a cinema because they can't be bothered with the rest of that film, they paid, it's their right.

Probation is a new thing, i agree that leaving games never really was an issue with me either. It was that momentarily annoyance but that was it. Did that merit this new program ~ no.

Probation = We know our game doesn't work properly but if we can force you to stay playing it just might       solve one issue

Good point. But how then does the game creator solve that issue of people leaving a game, ruining someone elses run, game play?

• 6. Re: Probation & Accountability
    rlbl

Really?

How quickly we forget:

As soon as stats became important and visible (BO1) dashboadring became a HUGE issue, and has been ever since.

Yes if the game ran better (not being a second behind) more people would stick it out yes... but quitters are quitters and even if the game was flawless we would still suffer from host migrations, and lop-sided matches.

It is easy to blame the game; it is harder to blame the game and the players.

• 7. Re: Probation & Accountability
    Highwayman0226

I've never seen probation either.  I don't ALWAYS finish games, but I guess I play them through for the most part.  I don't much care about stats, so I'm not going to leave a game because of an unremarkable KD.  W/L matters a little bit to me, but hey, someone has to win, someone has to lose.  Now move on to lag.  When I fire into a guy's back and he turns and kills me while I'm reloading, I'll try to "slow down", even camp.  If this works, fine, I'll stay.  Often times, I'll have my gun ADS waiting for that red dot to come around the corner, and they kill me before I get a shot off.  I'll watched the killcam and they were in around the corner/inside the room a good second before I saw them.  These are the games I tend to leave, mainly because it's unhealthy for my blood pressure to get that high.

• 8. Re: Probation & Accountability
    Izjar11

The problem we are faced with now is: Games are crashing/freezing to no fault of the user. If you end up on probation because of this, well.. ok... (but seriously one would have had to leave a few games before hand.. most host migrations actually complete fine as long as everyone does not jump ship)

I've read others claim this, but I too have experienced these things as well RL and I have yet to experience probation for them! This is what causes me to think that there has been a tendency of that player to leave (other) games. That one crash / freeze sort of spilled the water of a full cup. This is what it seems, i have no proof and treyarch obviously doesn't say anything about the subject (typical).

there is a questionable argument of the extremely laggy games: some people feel they are doing their team a favour by leaving a game that they start out going 0-X in... we all have had the experience, but that is not a reason to leave

This is the ultimate reason I believe many ditch games, because of connection issues. But that same issue of connection problems could be a direct result of people leaving! Its really hard to say.

• 9. Re: Probation & Accountability

i see alot of people wuitting the game, i have a whole different team  when the match is over lol

sometimes im okay with that if the players on my team are that terrible, it allows someone else to come in and hopefully contribute to the team

I dont really rage quit, but when i do, its not because of the enemy team, its my team either feeding them kills to get streaks, or my team is doing stupid things inw hich they end up dieing all the itme, and i have to continually watch my back at every second

1 2 3 Previous Next