15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 10:28 AM by rdnsnow RSS

Peacekeeper - Any Good?

I'm thinking of purchasing the Revolution DLC and was just wondering if the Peacekeeper is any good?  As it's a hybrid does it handle more like an SMG or AR?  Can you use it for all available game modes or exclusively when playing the DLC maps?

• Re: Peacekeeper - Any Good?

It's a good purchase I was skeptical at first but I decided to go with the season pass since chances are high that they will end up adding more weapons into the game.  As for the peacekeeper it excells at those med range encounters onces that are a little to far for smgs and short for ARs that don't fire fast enough.

thetizzleguy

Sami mate, this mappac is by far in my opinion the BEST DLC content in COD history. the gun is bloody amazing, most balanced gun in the game mate, so go for it and grab the season pass.

Wistle

Myself... I have buyers remorse...

Peacekeeper is decent not great for me, just decent... CQC - I'd rather have the PDW, Midrange - M27, Longrange - Fal... I use those weapons depending on what map were playing... I found the peacekeeper to be a downgrade  to those other weapons I mentioned for the maps/situations I was playing in...

Wistle wrote:

Myself... I have buyers remorse...

This.

The Peacekeeper is an average weapon. The day that the DLC dropped I actually busted out my Evo and/or PDW and went HAAAMMM on people. They were raging...and then realized and switched to their weapons of choice and were doing the same thing.

Forever and a day, people have asked for Weapon DLC and they've got it. If they PK was overpowered people would moan about how they shouldn't have to pay to gain an edge. With that being said, the Pk has it's pros and cons, but like any other gun, depending on the map, how I feel that day, perks, gamemode, etc, is what makes this good or bad.

- Younique

gallp13

Ok with rapid fire n long barrel.

McZOMBI

It's a solid weapon, nothing spectacular. Good for all ranges like a previous comment said. The DLC in general is one of the best for a long time in my opinion.

snorubit

I agree.

Combines some of the worst of each class for my playstyle. Mobility closer to an assault rifle, damage of an SMG.

It is extremely accurate and good at Med. range but for a rush style player there are much better options IMHO.

I shelved it but am going to knock out the camo challenges as in a short period of time I ramped it to the Ghostex camo without even really trying. The headshots just sort of rain down with this gun.

I personally think it's the best SMG in the game.

rankismet

samialjabber wrote:

I'm thinking of purchasing the Revolution DLC and was just wondering if the Peacekeeper is any good?  As it's a hybrid does it handle more like an SMG or AR?  Can you use it for all available game modes or exclusively when playing the DLC maps?

The Peacekeeper will be great if it matches your style fo play. Personally... it's now my favorite weapon in the game.

It's available in any MP gamemode (including private matches).

I went 63-14 with it in a game of KC day the DLC dropped, which is way better than my average, but everyone in the lobby was using the PK... since then, I struggle to go even with it now that most people have moved back to their standard guns. Honestly it's not even that great at medium range against the better AR's... you'll win if you hit a SMG or shotgun in medium range, that's about it...

That said, not sure why you need our opinion, you can easily try the gun out for yourself, at least 1 person in a ground war game will be rocking a PK, just go in, play a couple games, pick it up and test it out... Also local play apparently has it.

I like it pretty well.  Ive gotten it gold so I'm  not currently using it, but it seemed pretty good with the quick draw and a red dot.

Restore_Hardcore

I love the new gun too! I use long barrel and it works just fine on any map for me. Get the DLC, Downhill and Mirage are great maps! The other two are pretty good too.

Bielsalmighty

I'd get the DLC if only for Grind and Downhill - both are fantastic maps. I had a gut feeling that Trey held back some of their better maps this time around, I think I might have been right

I mean, blops 1 vanilla maps were better than the DLC IMO. Summit, Jungle, Firing Range were the best 3 maps for me, hands down. Grind and Downhill are fantastic fun, Grind really puts me in mind of Firing Range, it has very similar pacing to it!

CowboySr

Its the best mid ranged gun if you dont like single fire weapons like the FAL and SMR.   Its better than those two up close too.  Its not great for CQC, but its not horrible.   The one thing that bothers me about it is that sometimes it has crazy recoil, and others not at all.   If anyone knows the secret of it having no recoil, Id love to know.

rdnsnow

I really like the peacekeeper. They did a good job with it. It is balanced well so it is not op but yet still useful, and imo it looks cool. There are some "peacekeeper is op threads" going on only because people are stupid and think that if everyone is using a certian gun it must be op. In reality, the gun just came out with the dlc and people are working on camos and having fun with it.

As far as the maps go, this is the first cod dlc that I actually like ALL the maps. I can just play reveloution domination and be happy with whatever map comes up.

tldr: its a really good dlc.