3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 10:12 AM by trickster. RSS

trigger stops

belly120

so yeah put some small PC screws into my controller's triggers after some measuring and play testing where the engae points were for my triggers in cod.  short throw triggers seemed to make a surprising difference to my play style, to be fair i haven't played for weeks and i could have been lucky with the 2 matches i played so we can safely say this is not scientific.

and yes i'm a cheap ass as i ain't paying £80 for a scuff/onza when i can get short throw triggers for free (10 minutes of my own labour)

any way i was curious to see if others who have short throw triggers/pro controllers think it improves their game??

• Re: trigger stops
    trickster.

i have also added trigger stops to two of my controllers which i use for cod,if i try using a controller without them on i play awful lol

they definately give me a slightly quicker trigger finger

belly120

ha i figured you'd respond, i bought some kontrolfreaks, went in for a set of vipers after your post the other day.  its weird but the short throw and abrupt metallic stop is strangely satisfying, seems to focus me a bit more on the job of engaging my opponent, i found my back to back kills drastically increased.

it may bring me back to the game even if my controller looks like the milenium falcon lol

trickster.

lol whenever i play without trigger stops now i just die die and die again because obviously without realising you pull the trigger all the way down and it slows down your reaction time,and i agree with the abrupt metallic stop

you wont be dissapointed with the kontrolfreeks but it might take a few games to get use to them,once you do you wont look back