27 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2013 11:33 PM by like2nap03 RSS

Woah woah mr. Trey

Padiego

If you keep giving us attention, i'll have to marry you. You guys increased the groundwar limit to 18. I bet fissure is now dancing in the shower. My oh my....AND YOU GUYS ADDED HC KC!

<3....now if only you guys would...you know...meet nintendo at a parking lot at 2am, both wearing trenchcoats while you hand over a usb with the patch that increases tdm kill score...you dont have to tell vahn about trey. Just tell him you buffed the snipers or added some leagueplay stuff. 

• Re: Woah woah mr. Trey
    the1andonlyIKY

lol

A_Trey_U

I would do it... I really would.  But I worry someone would hear my OVERLY LOUD FOOTSTEPS.

like2nap03

I see what you did there.

Snowyday

Yeah I think it should go up to 100 please do it for the next game if you can

semperfi550

Don't worry. Vahn is to busy kissing MLG butt for dat MLG sponsor money to notice. You should do it.. bring a little justice to CoD gamers everywhere.

thegmo

Hahahaha. It's awesome to see how you use to be more serious about things and now you're cracking jokes and stuff. Great to see a dev interact with the community like this.

M4GNUM

I like the subtle nose to finger nod you did there. Good to know you are bringing louder footsteps in the next patch...it will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I'm like the Na'vi...I SEE YOU.

like2nap03

M4GNUM wrote:

I like the subtle nose to finger nod you did there. Good to know you are bringing louder footsteps in the next patch...it will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I'm like the Na'vi...I SEE YOU.

You think so?  I thought he was just making fun of me...

M4GNUM

Yes. "Jesters do oft prove prophets." ~ William Shakespeare

A_Trey_U

Shakespeare on the COD forums.  Impressive sir, impressive.

like2nap03

M4GNUM wrote:

Yes. "Jesters do oft prove prophets." ~ William Shakespeare

I don't know.  OVERLY LOUD FOOTSTEPS was a quote from Von describing why he didn't make them lound in this game.  In his opinion they were too loud in Black Ops 1.  Though it would be REALLY great if they did buff the footsteps in the next patch.  Especially since the majority of us here seem to think they aren't loud enough.  At least it seems that way based on feedback I get when I bring it up every other day or so.  If the next patch brought back aim assist for the Wii remote, kept the snap on, minus the exploit, AND buffed footsteps, then this game would be darn near perfect.  Only problem would be the occasionally laggy match.  Those don't happen often, bad host I assume, but man when it happens it's just horrible.

M4GNUM

It's fine if he thought they were too loud in BO1, but to flip to the other extreme? Why have Dead Silence as a perk when it sounds like everyone already has this as a default?

I lag A LOT :/

If they did what you mentioned, as well as nerf distance/nerf damage on pistols, buff launcher blast radius/damage a tiny bit, and buff recoil/nerf accuracy on SMGs...then it would perfect.

like2nap03

I never found the SMGs to be OP but I guess that's because the Wii remote was broken for so long and I couldn't aim. Now that they are nerfed, and I can actually aim, I can do pretty well with ARs for a change and I do better with SMGs because the controls are fixed.  But I always felt like it was the combination of SMGs, small maps, and the crazy aim assist that made them OP.  If they lock on to you with that you're dead.  They nerf it to the poing where ARs are even on small maps then ARs would be completely OP on the large maps.  They should make it take a little effort to aim instead of just locking on and holding the trigger.  Then ARs might stand a chance on small maps and SMGs would stll be useful on the larger ones if you know how to aim properly.  Just my opinion.

Imagine the rage if the U got 125 points in TDM xbox fanboys would rage fur dayzzzzzzzzz

M4GNUM

You raise a good point. If SMGs realistically outclass ARs in CQC and if most all of the maps have a high frequency of CQC (to me, they all do), then the SMG would appear OP. And perhaps part of my annoyance has to do with the amount of SMGs being used (especially the PDW). I shouldn't talk too much about SMGs I suppose because I haven't used them since the first week I got the game - been working on AR golds.

like2nap03

Yeah so I stick with SMGs on the small maps and use ARs on the large maps.  That way I can compete either way and I don't feel like i'm getting owned by any particular gun.  Since the controls got fixed, if the game is running smooth, I can keep a +2.0 KDR on small maps by using SMGs and do the same on large maps by using ARs.  If I do something stupid like try to outgun an AR at a distance with an SMG I lose (edit: sometimes I still try this.  I don't know why...).  If I won that gunfight then I would say the SMG was OP, but it works out just like it should.  SMGs win in CQC and ARs win over distance.  It's just a LOT of CQC going on.

M4GNUM

Fair. Okay, I'm going to decrease the amount of SMG OP I'm spewing. Pistols OP, though? Yeah, I'm going to keep that up.

like2nap03

I haven't made up my mind about the pistols.  Normally when I'm getting killed by one I ran out of ammo and I'm trying to switch weapons or reload.  If I can ever get in a gunfight with a pistol user with a full clip then I will give an opinion.  As it is when I've gotten killed by them I deserved it.

like2nap03 I like your opinion so much I'm reformatting it and reprinting it......your stuff's in italics, mine is the regular print under it....

I never found the SMGs to be OP but I guess that's because the Wii remote was broken for so long and I couldn't aim.

Now that they are nerfed, and I can actually aim, I can do pretty well with ARs for a change and I do better with SMGs because the controls are fixed. 

But I always felt like it was the combination of SMGs, small maps, and the crazy aim assist that made them OP. 

If they lock on to you with that you're dead. 

(If) They nerf it to the point where ARs are even on small maps then ARs would be completely OP on the large maps. 

They should make it take a little effort to aim instead of just locking on and holding the trigger.  Then ARs might stand a chance on small maps and SMGs would stll be useful on the larger ones if you know how to aim properly. 

Just my opinion.

I have maps where I use only AR's, maps where I use only SMG's and maps where I'll start with an AR and switch if the current lobby's playstyle calls for it.

I've learned how to hipfire an AR, and get long ADS shots with SMG's. Not always successful, as one might expect but there are crossover possibilities with both.

I tend to stay in Hardcore because the DA AA in core drives me nuts, and I wasn't able to get online during the few days we wiimoters had the strong AA, so I didn't get to see what it was like.

If we get it back, minus the aim thru wall part, I might jump back into core more often, but I still think HC has a slightly more realistic model. Well, for a game that's pretty much fantasyland already lol.....

P.S. My opinion is a couple of the pistols are OP. I've fired a lot a weapons and even if the game doesn't have reality based balance on a lot of them, it's within understandable limits, but a couple of those pistols stand out as just crazy capable of doing things they shouldn't be able to.....

If you all check your stats , the majority will find better kdr`s with ARs than SMGs

That's true for me, my kdr is higher with my fav AR than with any of the SMG's (not high by "pro" standards, but higher...lol)

My highest kill tally is also an AR.

I've only golded three guns, the PDW (of course) the EVO and the M8A1. I'm not so into the bling, but whenever what I was using got the camos, I went ahead and did the bare.

So now I'm gonna work on the AR's from the beginning of the list and the SMG's from top down, so it's MTAR and Chicom for awhile. (unless I'm getting totally owned, then I'll switch back to my known guns...)

But to get back to the point, there are times and places for both style weapons.....

like2nap03

I'll have to check.  I have no idea what I do best with and don't know that I care.  There are certain maps where I'm always going to use an SMG and certain maps where I'm always going to use an AR.  If I do better with ARs I think it's because some people use SMGs on every map and that's just not going to work now since the nerf.  I love making them rage quit on large maps too.  I took a Scar onto carrier and was owning some dude who stuck with the PDW (by the way I don't think it's anymore OP than other SMGs, just pointing out what he was always using).  Eventually he gave up with that and tried to snipe.  Still owned him.  He switched to an AR.  Still owned him. Then he just quit.  Lesson to be learned:  Don't always use the same SMG (I checked his stats).  You won't be able to adapt to someone kicking your butt on a large map now that they have been nerfed.