20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2013 4:13 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Can someone explain to me why the host always switches when the game starts or mid game?  Really 3arch?

kemicalsupreme

Really?

I have taken more losses in the last two weeks with the host dash boarding or me being dropped from the game.  I imagine the host leaves mid game due to the lag.

I myself yesterday had to leave a game due to being one shot killed and the other team seeing me first.  I found out that I was the host.  How does the host have a bad lag connection.  In therory, they should have best connection and not be at a disadvantage.

Anyways, why is it the game freezes or dumps the host every single game?  This is not fun. 

Thats alright, keep pushing league play instead of pushing the lag comp issue.

• Re: Can someone explain to me why the host always switches when the game starts or mid game?  Really 3arch?
    deamonomic

ffs people. People rage quit because they are not having fun. they are not having fun because they are getting owned. END OF STORY. people have rage quit in the past. they will rage quit in the future, lag or no lag. I have been going through multiple host changes just about every game since CoD 4! and no, I dont blame the devs, I blame the weak ass players.

I have yet to see one shred of evidence supporting that host is at a disadvantage. I have yet to see it. and you better not say "but I watched the kill cam" >.> if so ima have to leave here before I start being really rude.

Half of you guys who cry "lag" dont even know what the hell lag is. The hundreds of videos on youtube showing all the "lag" Prove that.

I am now fully under the impression that the majority of the people who post on here about lag are people completely new to the gaming world. they claim to have played past cods, but I really really doubt it seeing as how they never noticed this **** till now. Unless they were simply oblivious.

for example: games dropping because the host rage quits... I have seen that since Halo 2. now that I think about it, I have seen host migration screens since then as well.

kemicalsupreme wrote:

Really?

I have taken more losses in the last two weeks with the host dash boarding or me being dropped from the game.  I imagine the host leaves mid game due to the lag.

I myself yesterday had to leave a game due to being one shot killed and the other team seeing me first.  I found out that I was the host.  How does the host have a bad lag connection.  In therory, they should have best connection and not be at a disadvantage.

Anyways, why is it the game freezes or dumps the host every single game?  This is not fun. 

Thats alright, keep pushing league play instead of pushing the lag comp issue.

• Re: Can someone explain to me why the host always switches when the game starts or mid game?  Really 3arch?
      kemicalsupreme

Deam, are you saying that I cannot tell the difference between hosting games from COD4, WAW, MW2 and hosting games now?  Its not how it use to be.  Be as rude as you want because clearly visual evidence that is on youtube cannot entice you to think any different. 

The game has been acting funny since the new DLC.  90% of the games I am in at launch usually results in the host being kicked immediately.

Yesterday I was host of a game and could not hit a freaking fly while even pre firing into a room  where I know they are at.  Constant one hit kills from there AR's.  Its Lag Comp and I am host. 

I think people now a days think they are host when Lag comp is in there favor.  Trust me, when lag comp is in your favor, you are not host.  The host is always at a disadvantage since BLOP 1.  I usually pull host 90% of the time and I have bad lag comp 90% of the time.  Lately its been 1-15 games of having good lag comp.  Shyt is weak.

deamonomic

If lag comp is in my favor when not host, then why is it that I feel like god when host? I Hate my host because it is ungodly unfair. Has been this way in every cod i have ever played and is still true. hell its not just true in CoD its true in most FPS games.

second, that visual evidence you speak of, isnt evidence of anything. I honestly dont know how you guys dont see it. But I will tell you what,

Give me a video that has yet to be posted on these here forums. that shows the super lag you talk about. I will do exactly what I have done to all the other videos. I will download it. I will sit here and go FRAME BY FRAME. and see if it really is what you claim it to be. My guess is no it wont be just like all the rest.

furthermore too many people trust the kill cams and believe that they are signs of lag when in reality the dam things are broken and always have been.

there are a TON of different things that make the lag seem FAR worse then it is. just ONE of the examples of this is: Zombie markers (last time im posting this too. youll be able to see this when I make my own thread shortly) hit markers do not go away instantly. Nor is it noticable when they refresh from the next hit marker. Hit markers have a 1 second life span. In that span of 1 second you can fire upto 15 rounds with a silenced vector (I sat there and counted).

now what happens when you get a hit marker that lasts for 1 second and a gun that can fire 15 rounds in that time? You see the ILLUSION of several things.

A: It appears that you are landing more bullets then you are

B: it takes more bullets to kill someone then it actually does

C: because the hitmarker sticks around, its still there even when you are not aimed at the enemy, leading people to blame the game for having bad hit detection.

D: it makes alot of people think that they are lagging bad.

again that is just ONE of the many reasons as to why people mistakenly believe the lag is so dam bad.

WindopanevM

I have been playing COD since 4 on XBox.  I can clearly see when my bullets are not registering properly.  Everytime I see this and jump out of the game .. migrating host.

Something is obviously wrong whether or not anyone shows you proof.  You just have to have experience playing to know that things aren't right, and in this installment of COD, it's only when I host.

I couldn't tell you why, because I have no idea, but it's not just a coincidence over and over again.  The only time my bullets don't register is when I'm host, whether you want to believe it or not, and in seeing the countless mentions of this on tis forum from various players, I know I'm not crazy or the only one experiencing it.

Hosting = no hit detection and horrible gameplay.  Good for you if it doesn't happen to you, but reel in that dik head attitude a little pal.

deamonomic

WindopanevM wrote:

I have been playing COD since 4 on XBox.  I can clearly see when my bullets are not registering properly.  Everytime I see this and jump out of the game .. migrating host.

Something is obviously wrong whether or not anyone shows you proof.  You just have to have experience playing to know that things aren't right, and in this installment of COD, it's only when I host.

I couldn't tell you why, because I have no idea, but it's not just a coincidence over and over again.  The only time my bullets don't register is when I'm host, whether you want to believe it or not, and in seeing the countless mentions of this on tis forum from various players, I know I'm not crazy or the only one experiencing it.

Hosting = no hit detection and horrible gameplay.  Good for you if it doesn't happen to you, but reel in that dik head attitude a little pal.

hard to type laughing so hard. Im laughing because in all likely hood I have way more gaming experience then all of ya . I have no life. I have suffered with chronic pain since the age of 4. Video games have been one of the very few things that can actually distract me from the pain. I have spent more time then I can count in the gaming world.

and as far as dik head attitude, you should really pay attention to how you guys sound. that is why I am sounding the way I am. The way you guys are treating the developers is pathetic and I am beyond tired of seeing it. Work in customer service, get treated like **** by customers day in and day out and this will likely become one of your major buttons for annoyance.

you want to know whats funny as hell about your lag comp... You want to know how often I experience lag on 3 bars, the same kind of lag you guys are talking about, through out the entire game its the same thing, I have to work my ass off to get kills, But yet I still manage to prevail, and you know what I hear from the host at the end. That he was lagging and that I only won because of Lag comp, when the only reason that guy was able to kill me half as much as he was, was because my first 3-4 bullets were lagging. That has happened more times then I can count.

You guy claim this is a problem, you claim you want it fixed, and yet you do NOTHING to prove it. and you wonder why the devs havent done anything. they say they are not seeing it, they stated that the game is not geared to do what you say it is. and all you guys do is go "nuh uh" lol

Ill drop another example here of "bullets missing" not being lag. BTT or Bullet travel time (since I cant think of a better name). Bullets do not impact instantly, nor do you see a hit marker instantly. There is but the briefest of pauses from shot to hitmarker. usually about 3-6 frames. What this means

is that when you fire your first shot (that is on target) you will likely not see that first hitmarker until the moment you fire your second shot (usually in the same frame, but sometimes just after). This gives the impression that your first bullet missed A.K.A LAG/hit detection. its not missing at all.

Basically what is happening is your first shot's hit marker shows up when the second shot if fired. You second hitmarker shows up around the third shot and the third at the forth and so on. now because of this people think they are getting hitmarkers after a persons death as well.  this also adds to the illusion that it takes more shots to kill people then it actually does.

if you want another example: Kill cams have the habit of showing an enemy player doing several things 1: it can show you firing LESS shots then you actually did 2: it can show you firing DOUBLE what you actually did, not only does it sound like a double shot, you see 2 bullets eject from the gun. 3: it shows the enemies aim being off even though they were not even aiming there... EVER.

_McLovin_

All I keep hearing is that the reason people quit early is because they are raging due to being owned. I've got news for you. The real reason for most of the early bails is because honest players refuse to stay in matches that are infested with lag switchers (which this game is rampant with) and cheats, its not rage, its disgust. it makes you wonder when you are equiped with light weight and marathon and the other guy who doesnt have either is moving around the board 90mph faster than you. when I read what you posted, I sense more rage than I have ever felt playing a video game.

deamonomic

_McLovin_ wrote:

All I keep hearing is that the reason people quit early is because they are raging due to being owned. I've got news for you. The real reason for most of the early bails is because honest players refuse to stay in matches that are infested with lag switchers (which this game is rampant with) and cheats, its not rage, its disgust. it makes you wonder when you are equiped with light weight and marathon and the other guy who doesnt have either is moving around the board 90mph faster than you. when I read what you posted, I sense more rage than I have ever felt playing a video game.

then why do people rage quit in other games? why have the rage quit since the beginning of the gaming world? wait... are you saying that lag problems have always existed... you guys need to play more games. Rage quiting is everywhere. people rage quit even when not host, you just dont notice it because there is no break in the game saying MIGRATING HOST

and your right I am pissed off. I am sick of this community treating the developers as if they are their slaves because they spent 60 bucks.

gzowner1

I know when im hosting because i cant hit **** and markers dont show anything. Bars tell you most of the time, and when i notice that im aiming and getting killed by a guy that just appear in front of me and pistol shot me.. im hosting. Ill back out and what ya know.. hosting migration time. So that just proves i was hosting. I get host most of the time as well, and have to downgrade my connection to dial up to keep it from choosing me. Once im in the game, i open it back up.. but soon as i do, bam hosting migration again to me.. So again i back out.. I hate hosting, cause you cant hit ****..

nicedrewishfela

The question you SHOULD be asking is why people can't stay in a lobby and finish out a match.

maccabi

/agrees with vims

also the host migration could be caused by simply the hosts connection cant handle the game when it starts better that than a horrible sessions as theres a bad host