13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 7:08 AM by Pwnsweet RSS

Reason why there will be no Wii U map packs.

Blogi

Hey boys and girls

Here is the reason why we won't get the map packs on Wii U:

1. They sold about 65k BO2 copies for Wii U (not sure, but it's less then 100k) which is not much. So if they make map packs, it will be a low seller.

2. People in Europe like me, see that there are a low amount of people at our game time, 1000-3000 people @ multiplayer, 50-400 at Zombie. So it would be useless to buy the map pack if you have nobody to play with.

3. The Wii U has only 8gb and 25gb space, and as you might know, a game demo = 1gb+ and a full game can go to 15gb. So a map pack would take alot of space.

4. Nintendo is asking taxes when you buy some in the E-Shop.

Thanks ...

• Re: Reason why there will be no Wii U map packs.

Space is defenetly not a problem, most people have external hard drives. And 25 gigs is alot

OFCPaul1974

Just a couple of points I want to make!

Latest figures say the game has sold 160,000 not 60,000! as from hearing from indie developers the Wii U is a dream to develop for and they do not have the issues that were present on Wii! i.e Nintendo wanting a certain amount of money from the sales? as far as I understand they have freedom to develop (subject to taste and content)

This is why DLC is coming out for games that have sold less such as AC3! even Zen pinball 2 is all DLC and you can buy a table at a cost of around £2.50 or a pack of tables for £7? taxes are included in the price shown to the purchaser, I have purchased some myself! and will buy the star wars one's too!

As another DLC thread the whole issues is one point! community size is currently too small to justify their time in porting and also they are all about the money!

They may lose a few $100k in giving it too us out of $1billion income but it's not a profit, they don't care it may make a lot of people happy and help build the community grow on Wii U! they are really just owned by microsoft! as are other big development companies!

It's all about keeping microsoft happy! then once they are then Sony are next then PC then nintendo! it's consumer numbers that decide based on profit made! also with microsoft having written agreement that NO games can launch on other consoles first that are multiplatform, this is why Rayman legends has now been delayed to September! Microsoft!!

Why did activision say " we are pleased to announce it First on Xbox" oh and of course sony etc sometime down the line etc.

Xbox 360 will be alive and well for another 5 years, even with 720 coming out! there will not be the millions buying that console or ps4 due to the suspected cost and the state of the world economy! I mean people have complained about the wii u costing £250 in the USA!!

Think they will pay $400-$500 dollers for a 720 when you can pick up an 360 for $99?? these new consoles are not going to be the big leap some expect for the extra cash!

OFCPaul1974 wrote:

It's all about keeping microsoft happy! then once they are then Sony are next then PC then nintendo! it's consumer numbers that decide based on profit made! also with microsoft having written agreement that NO games can launch on other consoles first that are multiplatform, this is why Rayman legends has now been delayed to September! Microsoft!!

^ This

T-boss

that true. i expect a fight against microsoft next time around to make their version better by force to cost them more games overall on 720. that is pretty much what made the xbox.

as for price, they will be higher than wiiU, if less then they are selling for a big loss. but realistily wiiU is most likly to drop price do to hardware price, first. and give the most for your money, as the other 2 are expected to be a small improvement, not even close to a big one.

Bergoo

different company, but ubisoft released DLC maps for AC3 WiiU and even less people bought AC3. You have valid points, but it's not stopping them from releasing DLC.

Fox_McCloud

A map pack on 360 is only just above the 1Gb mark, so space is definitely not an issue here

From what i read in call of duty wiki, treyarch promised that wii u bo2 would get the same feautrues than its counterparts, except for things like elite and that esclusive stuff.

I hope anyway that we get dlc because in we none in wii cods and it was depressing to see the other comsoles getting cool stuff like maps. I atill remember a map called moon and the hotel that looked awesome cuz of the lift and an aztec jungld where u could play zombies in

Link23809

Lol, space is not an issue.

IceManLoneWolf

1. They'd sell at least one more copy if they released the game on the eshop.

2. Yes, because no one plays local multiplayer. Especially not on the Wii U with its Gamepad.

3. Funny. My Wii U has 2TB of space.

4. And? Then charge an extra $1 to make up for it.

Pwnsweet

Wii U won't get DLC because there's too much lag