9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 4:50 PM by SP 671 RSS

Bring back squads

For those of you who don't know, in waw, when ppl played, gave you the option to invite to and join squads. For instance, me and a friend are playin hq, a random on our team is working hard, so we invite him to our squad, or a poor solo player keeps getting idiots for team mates, finally gets on a good team, they can join the squad of descent players and not have to deal with idiots. This way, you don't have to really bring them in the party, or talk to them at all, but you will stay together as long as you stay in the lobby. The squad leader also had the ability to "kick" ppl from the squad. This was actually great for me because being a little antisocial, this gave me the opportunity when playing solo, to play with some teamwork without having to hear them or even communicate with them.

• Re: Bring back squads
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I would also want to have that feature back. I'm not much of a talker but I'm a decent player. I would like to join forces with some players without talking to them.

Yea, you know when playing solo, you get a couple of ppl actually playing the objective, you could squad up with them, and you wouldn't be left getting stuck with all the turds. Not to mention, say someone is not all that great, maybe new at the game, they could squad up with a descent player or two, never have to say or hear anything, and maybe learn something strictly from being a part of a team.

Restore_Hardcore

Medal of Honor Warfighter has a sick buddy system, would be nice to see that option in the next cod. Squads were great too!

Bump

darkday

1st: this is built into every XBL enabled title its called your friends list/party

2nd: dont bump your thread because no one has cared about it all day thats just pathetic

Obviously you have no idea what I'm talking about nor does it seem you comprehend what you read. Party groups is a whole different animal and you must have not played waw or you would have understood. I made this post to question the folks here about it as I have seen a few posts about playing solo being a death sentence. Well sir, it doesn't have to be, and a "squad" system would help the solo players out a bit. As for the bumping, at least I acknowledged the fact it was a bump.FYI, some ppl don't use the forum in the a.m. And I simply pushed it to get some of their responses before it disappeared. And the fact that you felt you had to comment on this thread without anything but negativity and name calling, is "PATHETIC". How about doing some research on what I'm talking about before you say anything else. P.S.  thanks for giving me another opportunity to "bump" this post.

Yeah I would love to see that.  I hate getting separated from that random guy that I was talking with and having fun playing that is not in my party.

Especially when they're good players objective wise. Nothing makes me happier than dying 10 times in row tryin to cap an HQ and notice two green guys on the edges of the map shooting the sky while doing 360's.

XBL party system killed the squad.  CoD4 was the most memorable when it came mic chatter and I attribute that to the XBL party not being available.  Every CoD after has made me want to chat less and less and in Blops2 I don't even plug my mic in unless I'm with friends.  Also, if you remember in CoD4 and WaW more folks had/used mics than those that didn't...I could be wrong but that is just the way I remember them.