37 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 11:30 AM by BanHaMMer RSS

I'll admit it... I can't compete...

This game is now dominated by SMG's.

I can no longer play my style I've played since CoD4 release and it's hard to adapt.

I'm getting owned and it's not enjoyable.

A good 96% of people are using nothing but SMG's and constantly sprinting.

In order to do well, I have to sit back and wait for them to come to me, which is boring and results in the "camper" cries.

Hardcore isn't too bad, I can enjoy games there.

Most killed by top 3...

PDW

MSMC

MP7

While I'm on this bit of a rant... EMP grenades are f'ing ridiculous.

• Re: I'll admit it... I can't compete...
    guenterthegoat

I raise my glass to you.

And yes. EMP grenades are OP.

i can see where your coming from, but for me, the only guys i cant seem to get the better of are the ones running round with dual weild pistols, they either insta-kill me with the guns or they stab me from 5 metres away!!! lol 

Hardcore does seem to be the place for people who can't compete on the proper game .

I can't agree with your sweeping generalisation of players I'm afraid. Whenever I'm in a game there are a lot of snipers and AR users and if everyone is constantly sprinting that would mean they would be easy targets as they couldn't shoot quick enough.

Very big of you to admit that you can't compete but the rest of your post sounds like you haven't been able to transition your play style and you are looking to name call others who are successful in an attempt to deflect some of your failiure away from yourself.

Ah well... don't let the door hit ya and all that.

fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR1

I only play HC , I'm honestly having fun with the game. Trying to get my vsat kill challenge has proven harder for me than I thought, but other than that I'm just having fun with it. If I get annoyed in a match with the other team, I use my trusty noobtube class and have even more fun hearing them on the death mic ! Love it !!

Izjar11

Mind sharing what it is that you've been doing since MW? Explain with detail your gamestyle.

ladylucina

To be truthful with you mate I will play a game and i will play the enemy at their own game. for example i got into a game of TDM on hijacked and 5 out of the 6 enemy players stayed in the one house. I was on mic and told my team to play them at their own game and we stayed in the other house. I know this was boring as hell but we won that game. I don't really like the way i played that game but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. It sucks but if you get the win then its all good.

Highwayman0226

If you have a team that know how to control spawns, you can destroy the run n gun players.  The problem I encounter with holding down an area, is a guy end up spawning with a clear shot on me.  If your team isn't all trying to rush to the other teams graveyard, they'll keep spawning in the same spot, making thier pathing more predictable.

Blofeldt

Just to add, I find that in Free-For-All, the only way to compete is to run around with a shotgun, certainly on the smaller maps. SMG's don't stand a chance.

Hardcore does seem to be the place for people who can't compete on the proper game .

I can't agree with your sweeping generalisation of players I'm afraid. Whenever I'm in a game there are a lot of snipers and AR users and if everyone is constantly sprinting that would mean they would be easy targets as they couldn't shoot quick enough.

Very big of you to admit that you can't compete but the rest of your post sounds like you haven't been able to transition your play style and you are looking to name call others who are successful in an attempt to deflect some of your failiure away from yourself.

Ah well... don't let the door hit ya and all that.

Yes, that is the whole point in the post, telling people why I suck lately. But, I'm not name-calling others. I am almost constantly outplayed by a team of SMG sprinters when playing solo. It's a very powerful and fast paced style of play, something I'm not used to both using and attacking.

Put me in a game of mainly AR users and snipers and I'll dominate, but these games are few and far between.

And what's the "proper game"? I'm guessing a lot of Hardcore only players here would tell you they're playing the proper game. I on the other hand take the whole of the game as proper.

BTW, not once did I say "I'm done with this game" or "I've had enough, I quit" so I won't be opening any door to be careful not to let it hit me on the way out

Mind sharing what it is that you've been doing since MW? Explain with detail your gamestyle.

Holding down an area, making sure the enemy could NEVER kill us from behind. Advance slowly and tactfully. Knowing that holding two flags in Domo is all you need. Knowing that rushing the enemy spawn is a tactic for noobs and idiots and causes more problems than benefits.

If you have a team that know how to control spawns, you can destroy the run n gun players.  The problem I encounter with holding down an area, is a guy end up spawning with a clear shot on me.  If your team isn't all trying to rush to the other teams graveyard, they'll keep spawning in the same spot, making thier pathing more predictable.

Yeah, I agree with this. My problems are only ever when playing solo.

what exactly are you struggling to do well with?

my best k/d's are with assault rifles and lmg's. smg's are vastly overrated.

Alky6

llewellyn237__ wrote:

In order to do well, I have to sit back and wait for them to come to me,

Me too, I'm an old phart and can't run & gun for 10 minutes like a headless chicken

TheWaukeeKid

I had a time adjusting to AR use in BOII. I found that as a so called "camper" a style that works against a team of "real players" (I mean rushers) is to have 4 to 5 place on the map to call hunting zones set up in an area and own it for 1 to 2 kills more if you feel that you are in a good place never more than 4. Run scavenger with duel bouncing betties. As you are transisitonaing to the next hunting ground drop BB's along the way against walls and in corners. This eleminates someone sneaking up behind you and once you are in your new position watch the screen light up with 100XP updates. Rusher are very predicitable as they run the same routes over and over, a so called camper like myself knows these routes and waits for them to run into my rounds downrange.  I am a bit different as I do not watch for K/D % or win loss. I stopped presitging after 3 as it really does nothing for me except making me re-earn the perks I enjoy.  I do not care if I go 25 and 2 or 2 and 25 in a match as the game has variables that I cannot control (lag time and connection to name a couple) I just have fun and play it as you trained it - cover and conceal always.

Haigo

I don't know to be honest... i primarily use Assualt rifles and i usually do fine.  Only map i'll use a SMG on is Hijacked.

blkbumblebee17

i rush all day everyday and i use to run ar´s also and rush but  since they are just to heavy to run properly i stick with my smgs.. however i can tell you rushers are easy to pick off if you play correctly.. i should know since i rush and have to counter other rushers..

if you want to slow down a rusher who for the most part dont use tak mask a lot as far as ive seen use your equipment to your advantage.. if not shockcharges run sensor and or emps anything really that just slows us down a bit...

also run c4 its how i get around corners knowing someone is dead but since you can toss them far and quickly with fast hands its a pain for anyone who rushes to run tru c4 and tactical's while trying to get the drop on an unsuspecting player or someone with slower reflexes..

also run scav with fast hands it makes life so much easier when you can replenish your defenses and keep people at bay...

i would also say while i hate target finder it works very well for long range play even mid range it is a pain in my ass when i have to play a user like this...

run a riot shield its great for defensive play in open areas of no cover where a rusher may try to come tru....

but mainly just know and learn where rushers seem to like to come from and it will help you out so much when you know where we are coming from...also run low streaks uav rc and hunter killer is a deadly combo because you can earn them quick and loop  them just as fast making it annoying for rushers to be on the mini map at all times..

point is there is no reason to feel like you cant compete the smgs are good but not king you just have to adapt to each game... i mean if im not running scav in a class and i run out of bullets and pick up a sniper im not gonna keep rushing i will assume a snipers role or if i get a lmg im sitting back and watching the choke points until i find another weapon or die...

you can always find a way to counter people just stay calm and think ahead adapt to whats going on and you will be fine