1 2 3 4 Previous Next 147 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2014 5:27 PM by Rexens_View Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 10. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    BukLau101

Izjar11 wrote:

COD

Lets be brutally honest, when each and every one of us started to play these games (no matter the series) we all, ALL started playing (because we had no idea what to expect) defensively or "campy".

Lol true dat. I was a habitual 'Dark Corner Mcdougal' when I first started playing COD but then as I got better at aiming and became more confident in my skills I could start running around the map more. I don't get too butthurt over campers, after all it's just a video game.

• 11. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)

I agree with you L, just one thing, most people starting this game don't camp immediately, unless they have previous experience and camping is just what they do.

I find most beginners think it is just like campaign and run and gun, get the crap blown out of them, then sit back and re-evaluate, they then find that sitting back can work, progress into being a camper as this is what actually first got them kills. Just my thought on it. I think this is how I started. I came in 3/4 through COD4 and thought I would be good(just from how good I thought I was in campaign). I found out very fast that I was shite at the game. Starting sitting back and then the kills started mounting. I got called camper.. noob a lot and they were right on both accounts. It's only that these two words have become very dirty in the world of COD. To me it's just another playing choice.

• 12. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    TRU11

only campers i hate are the ones on my team not helping us out winning the game.

• 13. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    rlbl

I started in W@W

I ran all over the place, but I sucked so I got shot all the time and did terrible. I hated it so much I gave up on the game.  A friend had MW2 and we play the spec ops together and I loved it so I thought I would give COD another go.

I went to MP and got shot up again, so I started to camp.  I never did well, but I did better.  The one thing I noticed was people going 20+/10- while I was going 5-2.  Someone once said to me "The problem is you are waiting for people to run in front of your gun". So I started to move again, but cautiously..

I find that the only times I get killed by a hardcore camper is:

- When I do not play cautiously

- When I go back for the revenge and do not think he may have moved positions and is watching me come back.

How can I get mad, when it is my own fault?  People who hate being killed by campers, should seriously think about how they play.  But as TRU11 says, the only people I do not like to play with are the ones who are only concerned with killing and are not helping the team win (in games where killing is not the only objective)

• 14. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Izjar11

How can I get mad, when it is my own fault?  People who hate being killed by campers, should seriously think about how they play.  But as TRU11 says, the only people I do not like to play with are the ones who are only concerned with killing and are not helping the team win (in games where killing is not the only objective)

This final paragraph is where my thread missed out. Great response RL, thanks man.

• 15. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)

This makes sense. In campaign, camping will get you nowhere. You generally NEED to need to keep pushing forward in order to continue on to the next mission.

As for me, I only really camp as a reaction to getting my butt handed to me. I don't really do it often, or as an initial strategy, but may switch to camping on a match-by-match basis, and only when I'm doing REALLY poorly rushing.

If I find I am getting killed repeatedly, I see little point in continuing with a tactic that is inneffective and, ultimately, helps the other team by feeding them easy kills.

When this happens, I will usually try to slow things down, hang back, and camp an area, forcing the enemy to come to me on my terms, and maybe switch to my AA class to shoot down the UAVs and whatnot that I just provided to the enemy with all of my deaths.

In effect, when I do camp, I am actually doing so to HELP my team, since I am no longer providing the other team with easy kills, which in turn will lead to them calling in Scorestreaks on us.

• 16. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Izjar11

To every one who posted, and those who will read this and post after remember this:

Not everyone can play as "quickly, speedy" as you, some players prefer slower game play, others really prefer to hide and sneak up on you.

Question then ---- Why does the rushing class justify their game play as better than the rest? Where is this unwritten rule that says "Everyone rush because its better"?

• 17. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    rlbl

I always find it funny when people say "play the game how it is supposed to be played".  yes there are tactics for a faster paced game, but when I opened my game box, I do not remember ever seeing :

"Read page 3 for instructions on how to play the game properly".

• 18. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)

I think rushing is the class that gets the least bashing. I think this is for some very simple reasons.

How can you complain about a guy that came rushing full tilt towards you and still managed to kill you? What can you call him as you sat there unable to shoot him down? You have no one to blame but yourself.

Rushing is fun! Fast and hard, when it works out and you end up being the only member of your team coming in behind the enemy with all their backs to you it is sweet.

In general terms every other method is either sneaky(which is still good gameplay in my book), or lucky(everyone needs some) or as some people call these "cowardly". We are in a GAME where no one can get hurt and yet people who camp or patrol are laid into because its cowardly.

COD is an arcade game, fast and furious, therefore lends itself towards this method.

Saying all of this I am a rusher, no doubt about that. I love it because no waiting around, just go, kill or die.

Also I find I end up tunnel visioning if I camp, then enemy player comes around the corner and it just takes me too long to react and I'm dead...

• 19. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Izjar11

Thats good that you prefer to rush, I agree that moving forward is mroe exciting but it doesnt necesarrily make me better.

Let me ask you a question the onlyzeone:

How does a "rusher" deal with another "rusher" pushing into their spawn killing eveyone as you state? Do you not stop and try to kill that person, or do you "rush" into the open seeking the enemy rusher out?

1 2 3 4 Previous Next