1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 147 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2014 5:27 PM by Rexens_View Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 20. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Izjar11

Ok COD im getting interesting answers to my questions and thank you all for remaining positive and avoiding the hate. I have another question and its based of someone else's response:

Is Camping really that easy?

• 21. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    phxs72

People just get upset because someone else's style is making life uncomfortable for them to play their own style as freely as they would like.  All along giving no regard to the fact that their style has the same effect on someone else.  Not that any of us are going to change the way that we play but we need to learn to complain less about the other guy and focus more on honing our own gameplay to make life as uncomfortable as possible on the other guy.  If he's got it too easy then we probably aren't winning the fight.  Personnally, I enjoy taking others out of their comfort zone and forcing them to switch classes just to offset what I'm doing.  Then I'll switch my class just to throw them off their game some more.  Psychological warfare is the part of war that often gets lost in the gun skill discussions.  I rush more than I camp but I use whatever style or combo of styles is needed to keep the enemy off balance. 

Just last night I was on Hijacked and killed a couple of guys while standing behind a barrel and looking at the doorway coming from the A spawn.  I had just got there when the two guys popped the corner and I heard in the death mic "Yea he's a hard camper. He's been camping there the whole time."  They were wrong about me personnally being there the whole time but the important thing is that's what they believe.  And that tells me that they are going to be looking for someone in that spot from now on and trying to flank it.  So I made sure to take advantage of that information and put myself in spots where I would have a good line of sight to the flanking routes.  More easy kills for me.  I know they were hating life but I did my job and won the psychological war.

• 22. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    BukLau101

It is in this game because everyone runs around like headless chickens... joking aside I feel like camping is an easier tactic seriously watching a doorway or a line of sight isn't that hard however an easy tactic doesn't always guarentee sucess.

• 24. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Izjar11

BukLau101 wrote:

watching a doorway or a line of sight isn't that hard however an easy tactic doesn't always guarentee sucess.

This is easy, I agree. But easy to get one or two kills. But who can call themselves a successful "camper" and post very high numbers?

• 25. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Izjar11

HoodWedo wrote:

Yes

Care to elaborate on your "yes"

• 26. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    BukLau101

The worm can watch a doorway and get a good score, he even posted a video where he got a K9 unit

• 27. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Izjar11

I have seen his films, and they are funny and good. But without adding some else's experience Id rather know who here (on the forums) can play this way, well.

• 28. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Im_A_Drag85

bottom line ____________________________

why play the same way all the time??  is that fun for anybody over the entire season of a new COD game??

If anyone uses the same playstyle all of the time, i can almost bet that they are the ones who give up on the game before the seasons over.  I think this particular COD title really encourages gamers to use all sorts of different classes, streaks, and playstyles.  Maybe all of the whiners and rage quitters we face are the ones who think everyone should play how they play....maybe?

• 29. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    HoodWedo

I can understand the complaining about campers in TD, FFA, KC etc. but if you are upset about it in objective based game modes, you are SOL... Yes camping really is that easy, even though Ghost is broken now, UAV is up more times than not and SMGs are "user friendly" to say the least.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next