29 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2013 5:26 PM by ELITEzombie98 RSS

Tips on getting blood thirsty medals with the DSR-50?

I am 2nd prestige with the DSR-50, I almost have it gold, but I need to get 4 more blood thirsty medals (5 kills without dying with the DSR-50). Does anybody have any tips on how to get these? And what would be the best map for this?

I have Nuketown and Reveloution

• Re: Tips on getting blood thirsty medals with the DSR-50?
    maccabi

c4walsh wrote:

I am 2nd prestige with the DSR-50, I almost have it gold, but I need to get 4 more blood thirsty medals (5 kills without dying with the DSR-50). Does anybody have any tips on how to get these? And what would be the best map for this?

although i havent started the camo challanges for snipers yet..

imo the best idea (and what im going to do) is play a obj mode where you know the other team will come from specific routes (demo for example or dom)  and just hole up and wait

also i will add i tend to use sniper rifles as they are meant to be used not ie as a stay back and support/protect weapon not a weapon designed to make crap montages with

Bester1976

Certain maps will help you - Raid, Standoff, Downhill, Slums - all fairly easy to get bloodthirsties with the DSR.

MrCoates28210

If you are struggling that bad slam an assault shield down at the back of the map and snipe from behind that, with shock charges to the side spots.

Cobra909

I had alot of trouble with getting bloodthirstys with the sniper rifles but trust me its worth it! That diamond dsr is sick! Ok now im gonna say something helpful...

I would go nuketown and move to three different places to get them,like i get 2 kills then move so they dont see me and then kill them from another angle, oh and lastly idk if youve worked on the svu yet but you need to go in hardcore to get the one hit kills. its a kill even if you hit them in the foot lols

Ok im done

Joco3000

Put on fast hands and a decent pistol

Switch to it when someone even looks at you funny, and proceed to get the remaining kills with the DSR. You only need to get 5 kills with it in a single life, so you can have pistol kills inbetween them

riksterinto

Has anyone tried this very recently and have any tips?  i'm struggling with all the LMG target finders out there.  EMP kinda works and cold blooded helps although the target still lights up for them.  Problem is it seems like everyone has a hate on for snipers and comes after them with a vengence.  I have 4 so far but it's taken hours.

Don't actively go for Bloodthirties. That's how I got golds on some of my guns, DSR 50 included. Get a couple kills, haul out your pistol and move to another spot, but not before checking any spots people can potentially ninja you from.

Pick your targets wisely, just because one person is in plain sight firing at someone else, you'll probably be in the sights of that LMG'er with target finder on. Go for the LMG'er first. One of your teammates will probably finish off the first guy you were going for.

Never just always be ADS'ing. Get out of your scope every once in a while to check your mini-map/sides/behind you. Click the left stick, click the left stick, click the left stick before you pop your shot off.

riksterinto

Thanks for the tips.  I got these medals so easily with all of the SMGs and some of the ARs but I think i just need to adjust my play style and slow down more.  I'm so used to running around like a crack head with an SMG.

i didn't think i'd like it but sniping is really fun....except  for when when the whole enemy team is actively hunting you down...lol.  Actually even that can be kind of funny because you can tell they are getting frutrated..HaHa

6 more to go for gold!!

Noob_Lyncher

Dom/Demo on Nuketown. Easy.

xXDishonouredxX

No the easiest is FFA. Thats how i got my snipers diamond. Its not hard. If you know how to quickscope... Most of my diamonds and gold wepeons are from FFA. Diamond guns are SMG's, AR's, Snipers, Specials and Shotguns. Most of them were from FFA except the specials which i had to do in sticks and stones and Hardcore. But the easiest game mode to get blood thristies would be FFA. No doubt!

ooOutraageousoo

c4walsh wrote:

Use the DSR as it's makers intended. Get on the edge of a larger map with a pair of shocksticks to watch your back and take your time. Don't run and gun as if you have a shotty or SMG.

RKx pottsy

my advice is hit and run.
    camp and after each kill move to a different location. but dont make a pattern because the enemy will click on and will stop you. thats how i did it for my snipers best of luck buddy

GHOSTandGALIL

If you're not that skilled with snipers, try the acog attachment.

I have diamond snipers, I went through the same ordeal you're doing now. I recommened use the dsr 50's strong points which are infinitive range, highest damage. It's got a .4 second ads time which is the slowest. Just play the game, eventually you'll get there. Good luck. :)

P.s use ghost and flak jacket, these will help you stay alive longer (tactical mask aswell).

februarystars81

Camping spots in either garage on nuketown. Demolition is ideal but also easy on Domination to. Easily get 3/4 a game! Pretty much what everyone is saying though, play an objective based game so that spawns are unlikely to be flipped.

I can appreciate everyone's advice, but I see all of these threads asking for tips on how to finish certain challenges, and outside of the crossbow challenge which is the most insane challenge in the game, most challenges can be achieved by SIMPLY PLAYING THE GAME. I'll explain what I mean. I have been playing Call Of Duty for a LONG TIME and I've found that the Black Ops 2 challenges are a cake walk compared to ALL of its predecessors. To get fall camo in MW2 it took 1000 headshots. I had fall camo for EVERY gun, and it took time that I will NEVER get back. Most of the time when I was playing by myself it felt like I WAS NEVER going to get the headshots it felt like it was taking forever. But then there were times I was playing with a few friends or I had taken a break from the game and came back and it felt like I was BREEZING through. I currently almost have all of the weapons in Black Ops 2 diamond. I am working on the my last SMG the PDW and then will only be left with the SMAW and the RPG. While there have been times when I felt like it was work I backed off played zombies or picked up a few friends and played. There where many times I got medals and I was like damn I got those already. So again sometimes if you just play and don't think about getting bloodthirsties and headshots or whatever, you tend to do ALOT better, and you'll find that the headshots and bloodthirsties will come naturally and some will take longer than others.

jporsche112

amen. i almost have dsr to gold and i have found that the easiest way to get kills with it are just to relax and always stay at an angle to the person u are aiming at. if u do that to lmg target finders then they cant see you because they hav no periphral vision. im only lvl 36 tho but this is comin form mw3 boss sniper.

PS learn to quickscope.

~jporsche112

best of luck

jporsche112

amen. i almost have dsr to gold and i have found that the easiest way to get kills with it are just to relax and always stay at an angle to the person u are aiming at. if u do that to lmg target finders then they cant see you because they hav no periphral vision. im only lvl 36 tho but this is comin form mw3 boss sniper.

PS learn to quickscope.

~jporsche112

best of luck

xmrythem

play domination and don't go for flags. sit back and wait, it becomes laughably easy

cwruck

Standoff is the easiest map, use fast hands with a pistol just in case. There's nothing wrong with having to pull out your pistol just to get a kill to stay alive so you don't ruin your streak. If you spawn at the back run to the statue to pick one or two off at the beginning. They are head glitch spots so a little more difficult shots but if you hit them run back into the house area and head glitch those boxes. And if your team pushed up, switch back to the pistol and run inside the house and aim at the gas station and catch them as they come out.. And if they try to flank you run back to the boxes head glitch and catch them as they run into the door.

Another easy map is slums. It doesn't matter what side you spawn on, all you have to do is control the blue house and occasional watch the graveyard and your flank. It's very easy to sit back and hard scope, just a matter of the enemy being able to head glitch so they are a little more difficult shots. But if your not able to run around and quick scope and easily get blood thirsties, those are the easiest ways.

MUPHinATHONG

The ACOG scope is the easiest to get bloodthirsties with. It gives more leeway for close quarter engagements compared to the traditional scope. I just barely got my DSR gold, and I was having so much trouble using the scope. Then I put on the ACOG and I was getting at least 1 per game, sometimes 2 or 3.

ELITEzombie98

when i got it i had a friend covering me so do that or i know some people wont like this camp it in nucktown in the house just make sure not to be in the window all time because they will kill you if your there the whole game so on that map just stay in the back and go to the windows once in awhile