10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 5:21 PM by CR4IG RSS

Master Prestige ---> Fresh Start - Regret or?

So like many, I hit Master Prestige and shortly thereafter I went ahead and did the Fresh Start and not because my stats were bad, but I was bored.

Now I'm sort of kicking myself in the butt, becuase I miss all of my perks, weapons, and some of the camos.

How many of you have done the fresh start and just stayed at maxed out level 55 non prestige and how many of you went on to do it all over again? What did you bring with you this time if you hit that prestige button? Last time around I took Ghost with me even though back then it was severly broken and you needed to be moving at sprint pace for it to work. This time around I might not take it, just because I've gone 53 levels without it, and have done fine. I was thinking Scavenger or Claymores.

- Younique

• Re: Master Prestige ---> Fresh Start - Regret or?
    RallyOrDie

I am still Master Prestige, and I am staying until the game is boring.  I reset my stats in MW3 and regret it so I am not making the same mistake twice.

CODRocks131

I am a prestiege Master now and have been a while. I am really bored now that I am not ranking up. I wanted to do the fresh start but it wont even give me the option to do so. It pisses me off. I should have that right.

CowboySr

I never understood the point of fresh start other then for people that just want to do it for the eraser title. My buddy did it last week in the 7th prestige because he felt his K/D would be much better now vs when he first started. So far, he is wrong, and he now hates this game.  It really is about the journey and not the destination.

If you play a lot of solo, I still feel ghost is the most important specifically for certain maps. Then scavenger, then betties.

spkTKay

I can confirm that I´ve made a second account just for fun (and visitors ) I thought with my knowledge I could reach a whole new level but you know what? I miss all my extras (especially ghost!!!) / weapons.

I´m not even a prestige master but I got used to some certain playstyles that I now can´t play because there are missing more classes, extras and weapons.

Do yourself a favour and start a new account first and test it before you ruin your game account, this can´t be revoked!

Sounds kind of sad

spkTKay wrote:

I can confirm that I´ve made a second account just for fun (and visitors ) I thought with my knowledge I could reach a whole new level but you know what? I miss all my extras (especially ghost!!!) / weapons.

I´m not even a prestige master but I got used to some certain playstyles that I now can´t play because there are missing more classes, extras and weapons.

Do yourself a favour and start a new account first and test it before you ruin your game account, this can´t be revoked!

I too have a 2nd account (Family plan) but that just wasn't enough. I do at times miss Ghost, but I've honestly done incredible without it. I think it's more or less a crutch that we lean on with all of the UAV spam. Without it, you're more alert and on your toes. As far as playstyles go, I'm learning new ones to incorporate with my old ones (once I have all my perks / weapons back.

I just hit that ol'Prestige button and am holding onto my one perma-unlock. What to do....

- Younique

ChronoZombie

I am master prestige, and i'll be damned if i give that up now.  If i knew about the eraser title in the beginning I would have done it after 1, but after 10 I have too many camos, titles and challenges completed.  I do miss leveling, but I'm not losing all my progress for one title.

ManUtdTool

I think there should've been a unique title card for resetting after master prestige.

I reset last weekend after spending a couple of weeks as master prestige. I just found the game more stale, like there was not as much of a drive for me to get on and play.

So far I have not many regrets about it. I look forward to getting on again

Tip: Prior to resetting, set up your title cards in your showcase to whatever ones you are most proud of, because those don't seem to reset.

LargeLentils

I was NOT master prestige, but I did fresh start.  Im enjoying it.

CR4IG

I done it after being Master for ages, miss my camo's but this time round I'm only using handguns and it can be pretty fun at times.