36 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2013 11:10 AM by hawkfka RSS

Rank reset and negative pts??! BLOP1

I play Call of Duty: Black Ops on PS3 and when I played on the 15th of February I got negative pts all of a sudden and my ranking was gone and reset when I turned it on again. I was prestige 15!! Now I'm back to lvl 1 and I have 2 mill pts to go before I can ever reach lvl 2???

I can't find any helpful answers or help at all not even from activision.

I feel sorry for all who's been in the same boat.

How is this even possible that people can ruin it for those of us who play fair? Can SOMEONE tell me what to do? I need help!!

Thank you!

• Re: RANK reset and negative pts??!?!?

same thing just happened me

• Re: Rank reset and negative pts??!

Same here, my 11-y old little brother was playing online and my accounts rank+creds got reseted ( creds -99999999, xp to next level 9999999 ) If you can find a solution of any kind to this problem I would be grateful.

Cheers.

Same problem here.

It seems like I have a negative rank so I can't join any multiplayer game (need level 1 to unlock).

I tried this : http://support.activision.com/BO2rankreset 2 times specifing that it was for BO1. They keep saying that my gametag cannot be found.

Codplayer, I just got off the phone with customer service 800-255-6588. I was suggested to post here. So this problem is a couple weeks old and it is under "investegation". They're trying to obtain as much information as possible to fix the problem. So if you believe you know who was the modder/hacker on the service that day it would be great help to let them know. It will take a couple weeks for them to fix the problem and they might be able to restore your status to its pervious state.

I am sincerely happy for your help and reply! - I don't know if calling customer service can help me because I live in the EU. Yeah, it doens't surprise me that it's under investigation. I've been reading so many discussions with people experiencing the same as me.

Hmm I have no clue who the hacker was ... seems like it could take a while for them to fix.

I have the video of my last match. It seems like cheaters were trying to kill themselves as much as they could. I guess this is how they gained experience.

Then host migrations occurred and finally disconnected.

Happy to learn that the issue is under investigation ! Meanwhile, it would be great to unlock our accounts as we don't know how long will it take.

• Re: Rank reset and negative pts??! BLOP1

Same thing happened to me today! 99999999999 to next level and cod cash - 99999999999!!

I was playing Nuketown and the game stated to migrate hosts every couple of seconds, by the time I left my account was hacked!!!

Wil there be a fix for this soon? I really dont want to have to play BO2

same thing just happened me

bonjour ,il m'est arrivé aussi la meme chose il y a trois jours,toute ma progression est perdu et me retrouve avec des points negatifs sans aucune evolutions? au secour.....

Please help me. Yesterday I played Black Ops 1 (my favorite CoD, 1st I had) in my PS3 and it turns out that the game had hackers. I killed an enemy up instead put-2E9 + 50... and many strange numbers and letters for me. Overall, my game score at that time was -30,000. For this, I left the game. The next day I wanted to play and instead of having 15 level 50 prestige honestly earned after 16 days of play, had prestige 15 to level 1, $ -19,999,999 and I need 200,000,000 xp  to move to level 2. Please do not wanna have to play another 15 days to my favorite game because a stupid hacker did this to me. By the way, I was in cinema mode and the hacker was "julienbadboy", having also more cheaters with 2 days played and $ 200 million, as SUF4LYF99, ksa121-_- , mesho_wav , yass060701 and scorpion-du-33 .If you are so kind, please tell me how to fix it . THANKS .My ID: GT5D7.

i have the same problem. i played today block ops 1. when i killed a player i got a score of -300000. then i quit the. it reset my rank and and my cod cash went to -99999999. the worst thing is i cant play the game. on my account so i have to make another account. this is BS.

Cooltay

Hello everyone,my PSN ID is cooltay,feel free to add me if you need help with this. The reason why this happend was because you were in a hacked XP lobby. And when your in that lobby if you kill someone you get deranked to Lv.1 and you need a ridoculus amount of XP. I can help you get to Level 50. Now don't report me saying im a hacker,i'm not. Please dont take advantage of this offer. I will not do it again for you if you prestige when your level 50. My PSN is cooltay. Add me,then send me a message saying your from "The fourms".

Everybody keeps blaming us the player for hacking or joining a hacked game. I have never accepted any game invites. I only play what the server connects me to. I feel the Activision should have to do something about this. We bought the game and continue to by thier games. If they are not going to give us the support we need we should not support them. Maybe we should all ban together and file a class action lawsuit against them.Maybe then they will take the time to help the little man. Not just ignore us and blame us...

Same problem. Happened yesterday.

salut à tous je suis de l'île de la reunion je constate le même problème voir pire je ne plus jouer en ligne et ni en partage d'écran scindé un souci ??

InMyOpinion_13

codplayer89 I defintitely know how you feel. A group of my friends joined me for a match and we had to play ground war. It turns out the lobby was hacked and I did not know. Sadly I lagged out while my friends stayed and finished the match. My team then returned to my lobby after and all six of them were deranked, needed billion of points to rank up, and had negative cash. I can't say how to fix the problem since it has to be done by activision but I can tell you what caused the problem and what to avoid. Theres a hack called the unlimited xp hack. There are people who use the clan name (host) they are hackers that cause this hack. Ive watched the videos over and over. and while my team was getting negative the other team lvld up in rank after only playing the game for seconds. On top of that I noticed they were killing themselves with cooked grenades to lvl up faster. If you need to know more about the unlimited xp hack there are a million videos and posts on clan host and how they screw with ppls games. We need to stop this hack for good.

It's so riddiculous how this problem hasn't been solved yet. I tried to contact activision too, but they couldn't help me at all cause they didn't know the problem or the amount of it or whatever. So I'm not really counting on any further help, sadly... And what I hear it's almost only people who play playstation that this happens to?

But I'm very grateful for your reply anywho. Now I know a little bit more about what this is about. I wish there was something we could do to solve it ourselves and put an end to these stupid hackers!

Raketti

The same hack has been around since CoD4. This has happened to me in CoD4 and WaW, and i've heard of it happening in MW2. And apparently it's on BO1 now too.

Contact Activision customer support and ask if they can either restore or at least reset your account. I tried that when my CoD4 account got hacked and they weren't able to help, but that might be possible on a newer game because they it should be a bit more secure and they should have more control over it.

If the customer support cannot help, you can make a new account on your PS3, or learn how to use the hacks. It sucks that you have to become one the douchebags that caused the problem to get around it, but it might be the only way if you want to get online access with your current account.

For future reference, and as a countermeasure for anyone who accidentally ends up in such a lobby, do not back out the normal way or stick around until the match ends. Either turn off the console or sign out immediately (via XMB or just pull out network cable) DURING THE MATCH when you notice something is wrong, and whatever the hacker did will not stick on your account. Dashboarding is the only countermeasure that might save your account against these people.

So, I seem to have lost my rank,  and my account in Black Ops Multiplayer seems to gone totally crazy: my  CoD points shows something like -200,000,000 and xp is also freaky plus I  can't now play Multiplayer anymore. To play core it needs rank 1... so what I'm supposed to do to get over this and continue playin bo?