10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 8:50 PM by BigpoppaPump RSS

Solo Play

Glenrose

Kind of a rant here,  but not to much so.  10th prestige,  and almost master last night,  so I figured I would finish it out this morning playing.  So I hopped on for some HCKC to get through the last five levels quickly,  and that I did.   Well anyways,  I am a team player and will be the first to admit it.  Solo play is not my strong point,  but even at that I usually go well positive as to not affect my team. 

Heres the reasons I dont play solo,  really just one reason,   people suck.   Finishing up those levels today were the most frustrating things ever in this game.  One lobby a guy on my team went 54 kills,  4 deaths,  and 2 confirms.   Really?  Yes you can kill people,  but finish it up and get the tags,   because of him we lost the game.   Everyone else had a lot more confirms than kills.   Another lobby there were a set of boosters,  reported and moved on.   Another lobby (KC is a team against team game right?) a teammate kept killing us for picking up what Im guessing was his tag.   He lasted all of about 2 minutes before he got booted.  Theres more,  but not going to keep going.

The point of this post,  all you solo players out there,  I have to give you props.   Ive been playing with the same guys for years,  some new ones come in sometimes to.   So were pretty much always 6 deep,  and can control almost any situation.  Playing with a team is the reason I have the K/D I do,  the reason my W/L ratio is what it is,  ect.   If I was doing solo on all these games from WaW on,  I bet I wouldnt be on the CoD series anymore.  If I was,  I sure wouldnt have the stats I have.

Been reading all these post,  and one completely caught my eye,  because he had a 4 K/D.  Thats why I had to write this.   Playing solo in this game takes a lot more skill and talent,  than running a full squad.   So to that,  big props to all you Lone Wolf guys.

• Re: Solo Play
    nicedrewishfela

Playing solo is no fun.

I have lots of folks I play with... but when they aren't on occasionally I play alone... and its miserable.

While it sucks, I just can't stand when people play solo and complain about it. Not surprising playing team games alone.

Ellixander

It can get frustrating solo (wait till you get a guy purposely shooting your bettys to get you kicked for team killing) had a guy teamkill me for grabbing his "ticket" which he left in the open for about 20 seconds with noone around,

back on cod4 I used to leave the mic on in lobbies and have a friendly chat (most of the time) now I'm just grateful for a mute all button

Thats why i have stopped playing this game. I made it solo to Prestige Master and i get matched with some of the 100+ gameplay youtubers like FearCrads while i stuck with a team of noobs. FFA is not my thing and Mercenary Moshpit has to many gamemodes (forces me to lobby surfing which i don't want to).

After months of frustration i've decided to give up on this game. This game is not fun due to the unbalanced teams.

I am playing Crysis 3 in the last few days and i have more fun with it than during my whole 10 days playtime of Black Ops 2. I am gonna sell Black Ops 2 in the next days. I would come back but i doubt anything will change, time to move on. I lost my hope for this game.

I wish I liked Crysis enough to make the change. Don't like the invisibility cloaks!

It takes a while to learn how all the stuff works, but its worth the try. Cloaked players have low health and are easier to kill, there is also a ability in the game which allows you to see the cloaked players. Even when i lose in Crysis 3, i still have more fun than in Black Ops 2 while winning.

bkblazer

Being a lone wolf, I wouldn't say takes more skill and talent, just need to have a very thick skin. Besides, if you had casual gaming friends like myself, you'ld find out that winning comes more often with other randoms.

avengedyesterday

Play mercenary. Solo's vs solo's is better than going solo's vs parties.

D4nth3m4n

Couldnt agree more. I've mostly played with only 1 or 2 people and it SUCKS carrying people who show no interest in the objective. Tonight I played in a 6 man team and it was like playing in easy mode most of the time. In most of the games the randoms quit out and I dont blame them because it sucks to be pub stomped, and we hadnt even really set out a game plan. I even got the tripple dom cap award as a nice bonus.

Having said that I scored a fair bit more in the games I had to fight to win but cest la vie - its a nice trade off!

vims1990

Agreed. Playing solo absolutely sucks especially against full parties.

Like you, I play in parties to avoid the frustrations of playing lone wolf. I do like the challenge of carrying teams however it can be frustrating as hell especially when you're playing to the best of your ability and still losing.

BigpoppaPump

I hate playing solo. 8/10 times my team isn't playing the objective or they're just getting slaughtered. So i just say f*ck it and kill whore. But unfortunately, i still find myself trying to solo cap B for some reason..