46 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 6:20 PM by sargessexy1 RSS

There's always that guy....

MrCoates28210

No matter what lobby, game mode, win or lose, anything! 

There will always be, always! 2+ people at the bottom of the leader board with 4 - 18

Seriously are people that bad? Scratch that, are that MANY people that bad?!

On a side note, I've not witnessed 1 kill can this week that wasn't hip firing.

• Re: There's always that guy....
    malditor

4-18 is mild. I've had times where people went 1-23  or 4-30. I've gone into theater mode so many times to check to see if people were the killee in a boosting situation because they did so horrid only to see them just being that bad.... This game is by far the worst yet with player discrepency.

zvers

I was playing a game of Domination on Nuketown last night and I actually felt bad for the other team. There 'top' scoring player went 12-42......I guess kudos to that person staying in the game while getting a beating like that. It almost doesn't seem fair.

snorubit

malditor wrote:

4-18 is mild. I've had times where people went 1-23  or 4-30. I've gone into theater mode so many times to check to see if people were the killee in a boosting situation because they did so horrid only to see them just being that bad.... This game is by far the worst yet with player discrepency.

This. I mean, are they playing with their eyes shut? Or their feet? I understand not everybody is great. Heck, I'm just slightlyabove avg. but my last game of Dom there were only two of us positive (the other guy was acutally even) and the other 4 very deeply negative.

The thing is, if you don't balance killing with capping your just giving away scorestreaks. A guy that was 4-30 was only alive for 13% of the time. Not much chance of defending or contributing regardless of how many captures they may squeeze in- just giving away those points as mentioned when the other team recaptures because you're dead.

bkblazer

Not everyone is serious in pub matches. Some players want gold assault shields and pstols. Challenges can cause people to negative. For some players k/d and w/l are everything, others have fun messing around and not caring. But yes, people are that bad.

malditor

I understand people wanting to mess about, however, they should have some courtesy and not do it in team based matches. If they are going to play around and not care at least do it in FFA where the only person it can hurt is them.

r33k

there's always that guy...

that is singing to himself on the mic and it sounds aweful

thats talking to someone else in the room and you get to listen to thier conversation

that is not paying attention to the game and keeps getting killed while spawning and sitting motionless

that has to unload a full magazine into the air or at team mates in the begining of the round

that likes to throw concussion nades at you from behind

that follows you and steals your tags

that you think is going to kill the other guy infront of you but does not see him and you both get killed

that tries to block your view when you are sniping resulting in both of you being killed

that randomly jumps off the map over and over

that always skreams in the kill mic and makes you laugh at thier rage

that tries to troll you in the post game lobby

ahh, i love this game.

MrCoates28210

It drives me insane! Hahaha

mitpro

That guy/guys that camp an angle and you assume that he/they will actually kill people coming that way because all they are doing is sitting and starring down sights and all they have to do is pull the trigger when someone comes into view....but they don't so you assume the idiot camper will cover that side only to be shot because that guy/guys stink so bad they couldn't even camp.  So...you die and rage..lol.

AngryDave

Excellent list but what about the ones with the faulty mic that sends out ear destroying white noise constantly or the ones that have the mic 0.1mm from their mouth so you can hear them breathing throughout the game. Legends every last one of them!!

UncleFizer

r33k wrote:

there's always that guy...

that tries to block your view when you are sniping resulting in both of you being killed

ahh, i love this game.

Lol.  I do this from time to time.  But only if it is an objective mode and they aren't PTFO.  LIke on nuketown if they are laying prone next to the bunker and sniping down the side of the map while the HQ is over by the car on the right.  Then I lay prone in front of them or teabag in front of their scope until they move or quit.

Xx67Customs

If someone on my team unloads a clip when the match starts, I pretty much bank on losing.

rdnsnow

...that stands in the doorway making the rest of the team go the long way around. lol

ghostsniper2010

i sometimes go bad like this monring my first game i was 18 deaths for 1 kill i was moaning and swearing i couldnt get a kill or even pull the trigger then out of no where i got a quad and after that i was getting kills i ended the game with 22 deaths 38 kills

Let me start by saying I am one of those people that suck! I rarely end a match where my kills are higher then my deaths. However,  I try not to purposely get in someone's way and I ALWAYS play the objective. I feel that often my team wins a match because while they are all getting the highest K/D they can, I am pretty much the only one capturing and defending the objective. I read the forums and pick up tips on how to play better. I also learn what not to do. I play the challenges because I like the pretty pink guns. Most of my SMGs are pink and I am now working on the LMGs. Admittedly they are not gold because I have trouble getting the bloodthirstys needed to get them there but to me it doesn't matter. This game IS NOT my life, just something I enjoy doing. So for all the people that feel the same as I do....

SUCKY PEOPLE UNITE!!!!

phxs72

That's a good attitude.  I tend to go positive but I also PTO with the best of them.  So I'm that guy next to you helping to cap that flag while killing 3 or 4 of the enemy team that's approaching.  I'll take you on my team anyday over the guy that just sits back looking for easy kills to boost his kd.

Restore_Hardcore

Some people just don't get the concept of tactics. If I'm doing bad in a match I'll lockdown an area to try and turn the tide, it usually works. Caution is a tactic, running around like dead chickens is not.

Pilsburybatboy17

Ive played 4 games straight with someone in my lobby that was in the whole game on my team and then not and so on for those 4 games and he went 0 in score. This is domination it happened in

zingaa

Guy might be boosting, take a second and see if the guy on the other team going 45-5 is on his friends list, chances are he\she is...

Myramuff

Lol. I ask myself how can someone be that bad too in my team. I don't as far to see what they're doing to die but I just say they are physically and mentally challenged and should not play this game. I don't care if they do bad I just care if I'm doing good or not. All future cod games should have a rule if you don't have a kd that's even they you shouldn't be allowed to play!

spkTKay

Oh well that would exclude too much people just think about the noobies how many funny moments would you have missed without them

Maybe they should just take out the K/D so people can enjoy the game for what it is. People take this GAME way to seriously. It's not real the life, the numbers don't matter. And because I LIKE the game I will continue to play with my lousy .43 K/D. Besides if it wasn't for people like me then people like you wouldn't have the high K/D's you do have. So maybe you should be thanking us instead of telling us we shouldn't be allowed to play!!!

cranium2001

I love your attitude. It's too bad more people can't/don't think this way. I'm not perfect, but I can usually tolerate quite a bit. I have friends that I play with who have low k/d ratios (mine's nothing special) but we just have fun

Myramuff

True too. Seriously though why continue to play if you kept getting owned. I see some people are very determined but you're right:) practice makes perfect. At least you try it's all that counts.

I continue to play because I truly enjoy playing and for the most part I can hold my own or at least feel I am contributing to a win. Plus once in blue moon I have a really awesome match like today, scored 3 longshots in the same life, got a rare (for me) bloodthirsty, ran all my scorestreaks, don't know how many doublekills and finished in the top three. So even though matches like this don't happen very often, I love it when I can kick some serious butt. LOL.

That will happen with new players who don't know the map. Or their lag is just crap - i.e. the guy from Texas being paired against a team of UK'ers.

nicedrewishfela

After putting myself through some of these challenges, I'd say don't be too quick to judge. I have had a lot of success in this game, but in trying to finish some of these guns I have had terrible matches. I tend to still hover around the top of the scoreboard in most matches, but I have had a few where nothing seems to work for me.

If it happens consistently, then yes there is an issue. But don't judge too quickly.

IW/3arc have gone to great lengths to make sure that CoD is as casual a gaming experience as it can get. They have filled the game with so much "stuff" that winning means absolutely nothing now. 

Nobody should go into a match (solo) thinking/expecting to win. There will always be 1-3 people on your team doing exactly what IW/3arc want them to be doing, and that is to die ~40 times trying to get their diamond shield, etc.

VanDrad24

Sitdownbia wrote:

IW/3arc have gone to great lengths to make sure that CoD is as casual a gaming experience as it can get. They have filled the game with so much "stuff" that winning means absolutely nothing now. 

Nobody should go into a match (solo) thinking/expecting to win. There will always be 1-3 people on your team doing exactly what IW/3arc want them to be doing, and that is to die ~40 times trying to get their diamond shield, etc.

I love that guy....crossbow makes quick work of him

CableGuy

MrCoates28210 wrote:

No matter what lobby, game mode, win or lose, anything! 

There will always be, always! 2+ people at the bottom of the leader board with 4 - 18

Seriously are people that bad? Scratch that, are that MANY people that bad?

They may be new to the game......You have to start somewhere..

OR

They are just terrible, which doesn't matter as long as they're enjoying themselves.

There's always that guy that waits for the enemy to kill you before they kill the enemy..

RoeParcRanger

Not everyone is fortunate enough to err on the right side of lag, is all I'll say.

BuX

People are just that bad. Played with a guy the other day on HC CTF who apparently his controller did not work or he just did not understand WTF was going on. An enemy ran right by him and grabbed flag and took off in a b line away from him. He never shot.  I was literally screaming at him to shoot and his excuse was: "I can't sprint with these joysticks"...

WTF does that have to do with shooting the dude with a KILL sign above his head?

So yes, people are just bad.

Spaceboss

There's always that guy that Complains.

This is how I categorize it.

If you complain about dieing for any reason, blaming your teammates it's your fault for not getting a team/clan together and playing team based games.

If you do have a team and get mad at them for something going wrong. What an affair.

If you blame the other team for something because you lost. You suck and are just a poor loser.

If you blame the internet WTF you got a better idea for an internet communication?

Exception: Someone cheating.

If you blame game dev's. Yep it's there fault they made a game for us to play even if it's so called copy paste. You try making a game and tell me how it works out?  And then have millions of people playing it. Would you change a thing?   And that's the problem they do when someone complains about something from above. They should only listen to creative thinking ONLY, not complaints from someone being a poor player(loser).

MrCoates28210

Also I've heard many EXTREMELY young people on the mic playing, and they usually always go 1-15+

Thought this was supposed to be an 18 rated game.

Spaceboss

MrCoates28210 wrote:

Also I've heard many EXTREMELY young people on the mic playing, and they usually always go 1-15+

Thought this was supposed to be an 18 rated game.

To buy yes to play nope. If you have a teammate that goes negative it's your own fault get a team together or don't complain.

MrCoates28210

It's my lack of skill that somebody else does bad, okay then.  Also yeah get a team together in mercenary, cause teams are the only way to play.

Spaceboss

Easy just don't play mercenary then.

MrCoates28210

Wouldn't make any difference, I don't have time to commit to a clan, I play in leisure time which doesn't come round as routinely as a clan would like & frankly I don't take it serious enough to commit that way. Also team is not the only play style.

The reason I posted this thread was because it got me thinking why are so many people thus bad? I remember people were actually able to hold their own, most notably black ops 1 for me, I rarely saw someone go below .50 & that's the really bad ones.

Surely with the time passed and the experience on COD people should have got better, just seems to me the percentage of bad plays in blops 2 is insanely high.

MrCoates28210

It used to be evenly spread out, only the good players did good, average went average & the bad did bad, now its everyone does bad & only 1 person does good.

I just don't understand how that many players are bad, its not hard, people managed in the past CODs

nstux

just means you need to try harder.  I went 48-13 with 39 kill confirms and still lost by 10 last night.

vims1990

Eh, it could be that it is their first COD game or possibly giving their little brother a turn at playing the game.

Let's be honest here. I'm sure back in the days, we were like them when we played our first COD game. Still getting use to the controls, finding the right setups etc.

I remember when I first played COD1 on PC, it took me a while to go positive because I sucked at the game.

I'll say this though. I have a bit more respect for those players.

Sure, those are the type of players who are probably giving away scorestreaks to the opposing team but at least they aren't quitting unlike these so called hardcore COD players who cannot take a beating once in a while.