19 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 4:36 PM by SitRepPro RSS

SMR - Target Finder Problem

kainon

Attached the Target Finder last night and having a small problem.   when ADS the top half above the Center of the retical is a white opaque rectangle that flashes Red like when it spots someone, the annoying part is that when ADS Its tough to see objects coming into view in that upper half..

Has this happened to anyone else ?

• Re: SMR - Target Finder Problem
    gdexter

target finder is a problem full stop.

why it's in the game is beyond me

i think thats the same with all the TF's, i have just played with one, on the SMR actually lol, and the sight is a dot in the middle with the 4 "points" going from the middle of each side, i think its just how the sight is meant to be.

What a shame.

I don't get what your problem is. Could barely understand what you're trying to get at.

Are you saying the entire top half of the TF is flashing red completely covering the top of the sight when you ADS?

or..

Are you complaining the flashing diamond is obscuring your view of targets whole on target with another enemy?

or..

Are you complaining the target finder obscures your view of the mini-map and such?

If it's the first one, that might be your TV or the just the game glitching. Don't know.

If it's the second one, then i don't know.

If it's the third one, it's supposed to obscure your view of the mini-map. It's supposed to be it's downside. If you're that worried, play with iron sights or Reflext Sight. I played with the Target Finder for the calling card and had no problem with it, got the calling card for it and moved on to other sights.

Makes no sense what your saying.

If it's really that much of a problem then don't use it. Personally I think that the TF should be nerfed, not by added recoil but by reducing the distance at which it notices people.

kainon

the TF was fine last night though previous XB reboots didnt resolve it. the problem appeared Sunday and I've used the TF on many other guns and this hasn

t happened.. its not a big deal but I was like, what the heck?

Heres a crude example of what was happening

Black Square ( inside of the TF when ADS )

RED Square ( what lit up when the TF lit up due to an enemy being in the target area )

the red square would be Opaque White when no Enemy was there AND the Red/White Area moved when you moved the gun.

not a big deal just it made it difficult to see past.. I'm done with the  TF on the SMR as I'm done with the gun as of last night, I know woohoo bfd ..

anyway here it is..

http://www.kainonmedia.com/tf.jpg

I used the SMR with Tf last night, I had no issues

I want to put this to rest

Stop Complaining about the TF,  it doesnt need added recoil, these guns  have enough recoil as it is (ie SMR) and now FAL

people act like the TF is an Aimbot,  " oh  the reticle glow red if i run past it with cold blood" when does a player run by a sight where the person with the TF doesnt see you and olny does when the reticle glows? it NEVER HAPPENS.. the only people who complain about this attachment is the head glitching run and gun players, that watch too many TMART youtube videos and know that they could peak threw  a gapina fence and pick off 1 or two enemies fromt he enemy spawn, but now cant if the enemy player with a TF knows that trick too.

i hear it all night, the TF the TF , the TF, he has to use a TF, as they hip fire with a Laser sight smg silenced

if they ever touched the TF, I wouldnt play this game, id go back to mw3

BoomstickLogan

you watch a kill cam the diamond shows up before you do so he is already aiming where you are coming..i don't mean like half second predictive, but if i am ads and creeping around a corner the tip of my gun, the tip of my head is all it needs and sets off the targetfinder, where normally you could sneak the corner and get the camper there they are, sometimes in pairs with LMG and TF's.

I have picked up one of these guns and while moving in ADS with it i have "felt" the gun pull before the diamond showed up, and i didn't catch what attachments they had on the gun but there was no recoil, very very easy to hold on target and jump from one diamond to the next...ya its a rediculous attachment.

Treyarchs attempt at getting rid of aimbotters was to put a legal cheat system in...oh well EMP and a few perks and they can't see you again ... took me quite a few matches to find a decent anti camp TF setup that works with my playstyle.

SitRepPro

BoomstickLogan wrote:

I have picked up one of these guns and while moving in ADS with it i have "felt" the gun pull before the diamond showed up, and i didn't catch what attachments they had on the gun but there was no recoil, very very easy to hold on target and jump from one diamond to the next...ya its a rediculous attachment.

That's aim assist.  It has been strong in COD since as far as I can remember and it is possibly the strongest to date in the series.  It always amuses me when players knock Target Finder for being nooby when they happily play on a game with a ridiculous amount of aim assist. I've not known a single shooter to have this amount of aim assist.

SitRepPro

Err0r_6_ wrote:

Stop Complaining about the TF,  it doesnt need added recoil, these guns  have enough recoil as it is (ie SMR) and now FAL

Well, considering both Variable Zoom and Dual Band add recoil (10% each for LMGs anyway), why doesn't the Target Finder?  It makes the choice between attachments less free.  Other attachments come with a penalty of some form, like extended magazines extending reload time by 10%.

Glynzx6r

SMR with ACOG, only way to go with this AR, use it on maps such as Turbine and Cargo. My sniper killer btw, I also have it diamond, seriously leave TF for LMGS.