1 2 3 Previous Next 121 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 11:42 AM by FourOhOne RSS

Micro transactions

ghostsniper2010

Activision is to introduce microtransactions into Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

The publisher's official spokesperson Dan Amrich, revealed that an update releasing for the Xbox 360 version tomorrow will allow for "new, optional in-game purchases called Micro Items."

"This content contains either personal customizations or nice little luxuries that I've seen players request," Amrich says, "none of them affect gameplay, but they are small, specific ways to enhance your online experience."

The transactions will allow you to gain new Personalisation pack, which includes a unique weapon camo, targeting reticles, and a Custom Calling Card. A 'Flags of the World Calling Cards Pack', will also be released.

Personalisation Packs will cost 160 Microsoft Points, with Flags of the World Calling Cards Packs costing 80 MSP each. You'll also be able to grab extra slots to allow you to create more new character classes.

"At the end of the day, all of these items are completely optional, and were created for players who've asked for more customization options," says Amrich.

"If that's not you, that's fine."

If none of the above is for you then you can at least grab the Nuketown Zombies map, which will be released tomorrow for 400 MSP, while the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map will be released for free.

• 1. Re: Micro transactions
    maccabi

I have no issue at all with the micro transactions (oops i meant lets call them micro items as people hold a negative view to micro transactions)

my only issue is nuketown zombies..

first they slapped the faces of everyone who bought the special edition versions by bundling it with the season pass,

now they have slapped the faces of the people who only bought the season pass as they wanted nuketown zombies too

*disclaimer i am holding back on another comment till we see what flags are in the flag pack or rather which arent..

• 2. Re: Micro transactions
    ghostsniper2010

well the camo is bacon lol i saw a pic of it. i dont play nuketown as i play hardcore there copying gears of war iv always wanted cod to bring out camos so i can buy them

• 3. Re: Micro transactions
    maccabi

ghostsniper2010 wrote:

well the camo is bacon lol i saw a pic of it. i dont play nuketown as i play hardcore there copying gears of war iv always wanted cod to bring out camos so i can buy them

yeah i did find that funny.. although being jewish im not sure its appropriate i use it

also for anyone who doesnt know whats in the packs..

here's a rundown

nuketown 2025 :free for everyone

Nuketown Zombies :400msp

Extra Slots pack :160 <-- this one is actually well worth it

you get 10 extra cac, 20 more emblem slots, 32 yes 32 film slots and 40 screenshot slots

Flags of the world :80 msp  flags broken down into geographic regions

• 4. Re: Micro transactions
    ghostsniper2010

agreed more slots is always a good thing. the camos i might get if i like them. as for the flags i wouldnt mind moving titles like the prestige 15 in blops 1

• 5. Re: Micro transactions
    FalconR6

I'm getting use to sneaky incentives and advertising. Preorder and get NT - really you just get it earlier. I don't know what neck of the woods your from Mac. I come from AUS - Season Pass advert for 49 US. Not really - it's 4000MS points which is 67 AUD or exchanged to 68 US - more than the price for the entry level game itself. I made a satirical post about this sort of sneakiness a while back. Maybe "they" should give season pass and preorder holders a personalization pack for free - in show of goodwill. I try to be optimistic  

• 6. Re: Micro transactions
    ghostsniper2010

where as me i brought just the game as i new what activison are like iv got nuketown and nuketown zombies but didnt buy the season pass

• 7. Re: Micro transactions
    FalconR6

You don't need to rub it in  

• 8. Re: Micro transactions
    payneinc85

So we'll be able to have 20 classes total? If so i'll buy that day 1.

• 9. Re: Micro transactions
    frayne

so not free for season pass members?

1 2 3 Previous Next