23 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2013 8:50 AM by Grimdogg27 RSS

Black Ops II Adds Microtransactions From Tomorrow

wierd worlds are these

Taken from the Steam Forum

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3092064

Activision and Treyarch have now decided on yet another way to screw over the Call Of Duty gamers.

The annoying thing is that those who bought the Digital Deluxe Edition only for the Nuketown 2025 map, find out that they won't be able to play that map whenever they want but now every player regardless of what version of the game they bought are going to get the Nuketown 2025 map.

I mean the only good thing for those who didn't buy the DDE version is that they now won't have to miss out on the fun that is Nuketown but it's a right kick in the teeth for those who paid for the map.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14344-Black-Ops-II-Adds-Microtransa ctions-From-Tomorrow.html

Well if you thought there was no other way for Activision and Treyarch to screw it's customers over even worse than they already have done, then this should now show they have no interest in actually doing anything for the gamers that they cannot charge for.

Next thing along the lines, will be Pay To Patch and Pay To Play!!!!

• Re: Black Ops II Adds Microtransactions From Tomorrow
    Apate

microtransactions. the future of gaming.

thank god i come from a different time where you would buy a game, and that would be it.

and the community came up with all sorts of stuff. like maps, or weapon & character skins ... for free.

although this, not taking that nuketown map thing into account isn't really "all that", is it?

i mean, a bacon skin? really? or more storage? right.

well, if you wanne pay for that, more power to you.

matuzz

camo-sprite-50x50.png

New camos:

-Jungle Warfare

-Benjamins

-Dia de Muertos

-Graffiti

-Kawaii

-Party Rock

-Zombies

-Viper

-Bacon

New reticles:

reticles_sprite_50x503.png

reticles_sprite_50x501.png

reticles_sprite_50x504.png

reticles_sprite_50x502.png

They are doing it half right, half wrong.

Right things:

-Making them cheap. Most packs are like 2 dollars. Lovely price.

-Not making any items that give in-game advantages.

Wrong things:

-Not making these items able to be won through hard work. Eventually the items will be too much and not everyone can afford them. Of course, not everyone wants everything, but collectionists will, and it really affects them.

-Adding them right now. Maybe they should have waited until the next game. Maybe tell us sooner. Maybe be open for suggestions on these. I hope COD doesn't become free to play since that will bring many bad stuff in. But maybe the next game could cost 10 or 20 dollars cheaper so people can use those to buy the MT items.

----

Overall, I think it's fine. It's a great price for most items (at least the prices stated in the article, hope they are right).

SmallFace

Give me a full, well tested game and I'll think about it....... and only then because there's bacon involved otherwise, im afraid you need to soccer balls

onefourseven

people who pre-ordered thinking oh i must pre prder so i get nuketown, im so lucky - are a lil dull anyhoo

ab36

I was intending to buy some of these packs, but after looking at the reticles, they're all pretty terrible, and the only camos I think are good are the jungle warfare and viper ones. The rest are extremely underwhelming imo.

Actually that hexagonal reticle is decent, but that's about it.

Momba1

AFAIK those won't be available until 30 days after the Xbox/PS3 for the PC; this is the PC section.

The only 'Pack' that interests me is the extra 5 Create-a-Class which I hope to understand correctly bumps me from 10 to 15.

IMHO the CAMO's aren't worth getting unless you don't have Diamond or care for CAMO challenges.

matuzz

You are wrong you will get 10 “class sets” of Create-a-Class slots per game mode (public, custom and league). Each class set equals five custom class slots. Additionally, Prestige tokens will grant you up to five additional custom class slots. That means with this CAC Micro Item upgrade, you’ll end up with 50 individual slots (10 class sets of five custom class slots each) as a default. For public matches, adding in Prestige Master will get you an additional five slots (for a total of 55 custom class slots). You choose what loadouts go into each set, and then you select the set before the match.

Momba1

Well I am MP and already have the 10 CAC's, but I'd really like 15. Very rarely do I play anything but Core (Bonus & Revolution). The reason I want the extra 5 CAC is for when I'm tossed into a game where Swarm & Lodestar's are being thrown at me because someone before me rage quit. Currently I only have one class with Blind Eye, etc to combat those scorestreaks and I'd like more.

Further, if I'm working on a CAMO e.g. Pistols or others I also want more regular sets, or if I need and EMP or anti-EMP class, etc...

Bottom-line, unless I can get 15 CAC's at my finger tips then all of this is useless for me...

Grimdogg27

You're right in one aspect and wrong in another.  If you've never prestiged and used a token on an extra create a class slot you get 50 total slots.  If you've prestiged once and purchased one extra CAC slot you get 60 total slots.  If you've prestiged 5 times and bought the 5 extra CAC slots you can have 100 CAC slots.  You cannot take all of the CAC into a game however.  You can only take in one set of however many classes you've unlocked via prestiging plus the original 5 slots you get.

This will be great so you can have each set created just for specific game modes i.e. one for TDM, one for CTF, one for HQ, one for Hardcore, etc.  I think the only thing I would request that Activision does further for this is to allow us to set up Scorestreaks for each specific set so those are also all setup and ready to use in case we forget to change up the Scorestreaks for the specific game modes.

Grimdogg27

You're right in one aspect and wrong in another.  If you've never prestiged and used a token on an extra create a class slot you get 50 total slots.  If you've prestiged once and purchased one extra CAC slot you get 60 total slots.  If you've prestiged 5 times and bought the 5 extra CAC slots you can have 100 CAC slots.  You cannot take all of the CAC into a game however.  You can only take in one set of however many classes you've unlocked via prestiging plus the original 5 slots you get.

This will be great so you can have each set created just for specific game modes i.e. one for TDM, one for CTF, one for HQ, one for Hardcore, etc.  I think the only thing I would request that Activision does further for this is to allow us to set up Scorestreaks for each specific set so those are also all setup and ready to use in case we forget to change up the Scorestreaks for the specific game modes.

SmallFace

If you pay to get extra class slots you're a mug and are only hurting everyone else.

how much effort do you think goes into that? this is why they dont allow mod tools, sony stopped bc and microsoft charge to use your own internet connection

idiot people

wierd worlds are these

Momba1 wrote:

AFAIK those won't be available until 30 days after the Xbox/PS3 for the PC; this is the PC section.

The only 'Pack' that interests me is the extra 5 Create-a-Class which I hope to understand correctly bumps me from 10 to 15.

IMHO the CAMO's aren't worth getting unless you don't have Diamond or care for CAMO challenges.

This probably won't be available to next month for us pc gamers, and I won't be paying for any of the pack's because to be honest I don't want any of them.

I use the standard Red Dot on the sight's or the Iron Sight's.

The camo pack's won't interest me because I am working my way to the Gold Camo and Diamond Camo's on everything.

Only done the Pistol's to Diamond at the moment, but I have nearly done Shotguns and Launchers.

WhiskeyDex

Game over. Buying additional slots... Slots that you can't unlock by grinding.... It's pay to win and will sadly be the final nail in the franchise.

Instead of fixing broken mechanics, connection issues (broken net cod, lag comp, matchmaking) that makes this game very unplayable, they want to make more money Very sad. And keep up supporting them, pay to win. The future games will be even worse when they see how much money can they make with broken products.

Kiddsage1991

so is the new camos coming to pc?